Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 21:13   #61
BHPian
 
abishek2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 352
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

oh god you want to buy a safari!
since you already own a grande. most likely you would only be comfortable with the road presence of the safari simply nothing else comes close. that said no matter what the extended warranty is, be ready to be going back to the service station every time , time and time again a few days after when you think no more problems some thing loose here and there.almost to extent to drive you bonkers. if you can live with that the safari is simply awsome. although i had the opportunity to buy it instead of my honda. i couldn't get my self to spend 10 larges ones on another tata car, just couldn't do it!believe me nothing would have made me happier.If you'r are still test driving the xylo and the safari i suggest you test drive both the cars on the same stretch of road with the same pot holes and long accelerating stretch's.
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 10:49   #62
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 449
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Thank you everyone for the replies and valuable suggestions. Yesterday I was going through Safari threads. I read many problems the owners were or are facing like doors rattling, last door squeaking etc. Its like a coin toss with TATA either you get a niggle free vehicle or absolutely free with niggles. So I am removing Safari from my list. No offences please. Also the price of Safari LX has gone up from Rs. 7,90,000 to 8,14,000. So thats approximately 24000 more. Whereas Scorpio LX is available for Rs. 7,90,000. So it will be a good choice considering the price difference.


Regards
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 11:23   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Thank you everyone for the replies and valuable suggestions. Yesterday I was going through Safari threads. I read many problems the owners were or are facing like doors rattling, last door squeaking etc. Its like a coin toss with TATA either you get a niggle free vehicle or absolutely free with niggles. So I am removing Safari from my list. No offences please. Also the price of Safari LX has gone up from Rs. 7,90,000 to 8,14,000. So thats approximately 24000 more. Whereas Scorpio LX is available for Rs. 7,90,000. So it will be a good choice considering the price difference.


Regards
Yes, I'd Agree with your assessment. The LX is the basic trim with the least electronics on board, and also the least that goes wrong. It should be a more or less trouble free ownership.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 13:39   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Thank you everyone for the replies and valuable suggestions. Yesterday I was going through Safari threads. I read many problems the owners were or are facing like doors rattling, last door squeaking etc. Its like a coin toss with TATA either you get a niggle free vehicle or absolutely free with niggles. So I am removing Safari from my list. No offences please. Also the price of Safari LX has gone up from Rs. 7,90,000 to 8,14,000. So thats approximately 24000 more. Whereas Scorpio LX is available for Rs. 7,90,000. So it will be a good choice considering the price difference.


Regards
I hope you equally went through Scorpio thread as well. There is similar thread available for Scorpio also. Well, I am Safari owner and I am absolutely happy with it.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 13:03   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
^^^ I asked you not to beat me up on this, and I also said that it is a perception thing. Let it go.

By the way, about 6 months back, a relative of mine in Bangalore went from the Innova Top End (after 3 years of ownership) to a Xylo E8 with ABS.
He has already done multiple highway runs, towards Mangalore and Kerala, and drives it regularly in the City.
Met him last week, and he could not stop raving about the Xylo. I asked him pointedly that wasn't Innova a better car and that he had in fact downgraded? He said, absolutely not! He was very happy with the package that the Xylo offered and rated it over the Innova, apart from the money he saved by not buying another Innova.
I was Sceptical, to be honest, but that is a true account of an owner's perspective, and one who is in a very good position to compare!
I totally second this take on XYLO. we have been using for more than a year and done many trips on the highway and handling is great in city as well. Infact i love its look. The space inside is fantastic. Once we fit around 8 adult plus 1 kid in our 7 seater. Both middle and last row are super comfy. Took my parents and my 10 month old on real bad roads and they slept like a baby.
Manhindra service is great. We have the top end E8 with all features. Way more value for the money.
BigWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 14:22   #66
BHPian
 
mmxylorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 654
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
I totally second this take on XYLO. we have been using for more than a year and done many trips on the highway and handling is great in city as well. Infact i love its look. The space inside is fantastic. Once we fit around 8 adult plus 1 kid in our 7 seater. Both middle and last row are super comfy. Took my parents and my 10 month old on real bad roads and they slept like a baby.
Manhindra service is great. We have the top end E8 with all features. Way more value for the money.
+1 to this. My beast is 18 months old and have done multiple 600+ km trips with very good comfort. Last row seaters love the personal lights and aircon vents available. It can become problematic on ghat roads but a little slower driving solves that too.

Regarding after sales service, I have been getting coupons for free checkups, all expenses paid trip for 4 to a nearby water park, free labor on paid services, discount on spares etc quite frequently. These are mailers with a telephonic followup. Maintenance services at dealer workshop have been equally good and I've been getting it done in 3 hrs flat. Just need to ensure one keeps a close eye on the proceedings.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 17:02   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Thank you everyone for the replies and valuable suggestions. Yesterday I was going through Safari threads. I read many problems the owners were or are facing like doors rattling, last door squeaking etc. Its like a coin toss with TATA either you get a niggle free vehicle or absolutely free with niggles. So I am removing Safari from my list. No offences please. Also the price of Safari LX has gone up from Rs. 7,90,000 to 8,14,000. So thats approximately 24000 more. Whereas Scorpio LX is available for Rs. 7,90,000. So it will be a good choice considering the price difference.


Regards
Check out ride quality of Scorpio over Xylo and Safari before your plunge.
And I would suggest that you wait for the Merlin,if you can.

Xylo will sit 7 more comfortably than others.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 18:11   #68
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 449
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Latest update. Recently I had gone for test drive of Scorpio. The current price of Scorpio LX is 8,14000. So it is nearly same as that of Safari LX price.
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 18:13   #69
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,034
Thanked: 1,470 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

You could wait for the Merlin and decide.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 23:00   #70
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
oh god you want to buy a safari!
since you already own a grande. most likely you would only be comfortable with the road presence of the safari simply nothing else comes close. that said no matter what the extended warranty is, be ready to be going back to the service station every time , time and time again a few days after when you think no more problems some thing loose here and there.almost to extent to drive you bonkers. if you can live with that the safari is simply awsome. although i had the opportunity to buy it instead of my honda. i couldn't get my self to spend 10 larges ones on another tata car, just couldn't do it!believe me nothing would have made me happier.If you'r are still test driving the xylo and the safari i suggest you test drive both the cars on the same stretch of road with the same pot holes and long accelerating stretch's.

On same stretch of roads that you wanted to test, go beyond 100 kmph in a xylo and in the Safari, the test will spill the beans Instantly.

Well, i've done that in my Safari on the Worst stretch of roads over 100 kmph speed, all 7 people in it were sleeping and after that 500 meter stretch they were still sleeping

I bet the Xylo can never match up. Actual Facts hurt , but lets be Realistic with our replies please.

If there is niggles in the Safari so are similar one's in the Scrop or the Xylo, i would suggest you to go read all those threads on T-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Latest update. Recently I had gone for test drive of Scorpio. The current price of Scorpio LX is 8,14000. So it is nearly same as that of Safari LX price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
You could wait for the Merlin and decide.
Rightly said...

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 15th July 2011 at 23:01.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 07:28   #71
BHPian
 
abishek2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 352
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I bet the Xylo can never match up. Actual Facts hurt , but lets be Realistic with our replies please.

If there is niggles in the Safari so are similar one's in the Scrop or the Xylo, i would suggest you to go read all those threads on T-BHP.

Rightly said...
i don't think i even spoke about the Xylo here.
I have read most threads on the safari here. the fact that brand new delivered safaris still face niggle from day one speaks for itself.A die hard fan of the sierra over the years i have had enough. yes they are different cars and have nothing in common today, but when i visit the service station at tata can relate to what i see there when a safari is dropped for service.
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:59   #72
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 449
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

I will be waiting for new Safari as well as Mahindra W201. I got to know that Aria 4x2 has been launched yesterday. I will purchase my new SUV January. I hope till the above mentioned upgrades will be launched.
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 13:27   #73
BHPian
 
jgsolo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pondicherry
Posts: 62
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

@HappyRoadie

I am selling my 2009 Bolero Spl. Edition and going for a new ride. Now I have the same question you had almost an year ago!!! It is whether - TATA Safari LX or New XYLO E4 ABS BS4. The On Road price of both the models are almost same. I had only Safari in mind, but now after having a look at the new XYLO I am a bit confused. Having owned a Bolero, the maintenance cost of it and the features now available on the XYLO (for the same price) makes me incline towards XYLO (a Mahindra Product!!)

Friends pl. give your valuable opinion so as to decide.
jgsolo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 13:39   #74
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 449
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
@HappyRoadie

I am selling my 2009 Bolero Spl. Edition and going for a new ride. Now I have the same question you had almost an year ago!!! It is whether - TATA Safari LX or New XYLO E4 ABS BS4. The On Road price of both the models are almost same. I had only Safari in mind, but now after having a look at the new XYLO I am a bit confused. Having owned a Bolero, the maintenance cost of it and the features now available on the XYLO (for the same price) makes me incline towards XYLO (a Mahindra Product!!)

Friends pl. give your valuable opinion so as to decide.
I have purchased Safari recently. Trust me it has got a wonderful ride quality. Xylo is also good but I somehow found too much body roll in it. I am not saying that Safari does not have any body roll but compared to Xylo it is less. Also you will get better offers on Safari. But first tell whether you want to carry many people in comfort or you want a better vehicle between the two.
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 21:00   #75
BHPian
 
jgsolo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pondicherry
Posts: 62
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Xylo or Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I have purchased Safari recently. Trust me it has got a wonderful ride quality. Xylo is also good but I somehow found too much body roll in it. I am not saying that Safari does not have any body roll but compared to Xylo it is less. Also you will get better offers on Safari. But first tell whether you want to carry many people in comfort or you want a better vehicle between the two.
Thanks for your prompt reply, for which, due to various reasons could not reply earlier. But for the body roll, for the price the XYLO seemed to be a better choice. I had booked a New XYLO E4 ABS BS4 Diamond White. It was on March 9th and was told that I would have to wait for a minimum of 4 weeks, but yesterday my vehicle has reached Pondicherry. In a couple of days I will be taking delivery. For Pondicherry BS3 is OK as Govt. norms, but to have ABS in E4 version I chosen BS4!!
jgsolo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
M&M launches Xylo variant - Xylo D2, with new Engine H3LIOS The Indian Car Scene 61 11th November 2010 22:34
Countdown to new Xylo 'Happy legs' TV ad.. Will they launch a new Xylo? Finject The Indian Car Scene 19 19th May 2010 18:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks