Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Announcements > Team-BHP Apps & Mobile Access


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 23:37   #451
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

I have had a few issues in using the android app on my HTC sensation running ics:

1. Photographs in posts rarely show up. An odd picture thumbnail may be seen in the post itself, but clicking on it throws up a ribbon of thumbnails on top of a usually blank page that remains blank no matter how long one waits for picture to buffer up. I end up switching over to the browser (Firefox) for travelogues or other picture heavy posts.

2. Uploading pictures through the attachment procedure is flaky. I found that I ended up uploading the same picture 4 times because after each attempt once the attachment progress bar finished, the app would give a crash warning and go back to the message. There was no visual clue that the picture had indeed been uploaded.

3. Earlier I thought it was not possible to edit posts, but I figured that out, to learn that while one may edit the text, one cannot delete attachments.

However the best feature of the app is the 'current' tab, an option I miss on the full pc web version.
LithiumSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 23:45   #452
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,514
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Point #1 happens to me too. Running ICS on SE Arc S. Its irritating because the ads show up but not the actual images.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 15:11   #453
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 21,239
Thanked: 17,781 Times
Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
1. Photographs in posts rarely show up. An odd picture thumbnail may be seen in the post itself, but clicking on it throws up a ribbon of thumbnails on top of a usually blank page that remains blank no matter how long one waits for picture to buffer up. I end up switching over to the browser (Firefox) for travelogues or other picture heavy posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Point #1 happens to me too. Running ICS on SE Arc S. Its irritating because the ads show up but not the actual images.
Try going to Settings > Remote Thumbnailer [enable]

That should greatly speed up the loading of images.

This used to be the default setting, but our developer changed it for some reason. We'll look into it.

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 22:09   #454
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

Try going to Settings > Remote Thumbnailer [enable]
R
Where is this setting? In the app or android? I am thinking that's the reason you write 'try'.

As far as I can see there is no 'settings' option in the app but had no luck locating 'remote thumbnails' option in android settings either.
LithiumSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 22:42   #455
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,848
Thanked: 2,853 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset

Where is this setting? In the app or android? I am thinking that's the reason you write 'try'.

As far as I can see there is no 'settings' option in the app but had no luck locating 'remote thumbnails' option in android settings either.
There is. I just changed it. All is hunky dory now.
Goto, say, current, and then open the menu.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 07:50   #456
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

There is. I just changed it. All is hunky dory now.
Goto, say, current, and then open the menu.
Thanks Mayankk, found it on the menu of 'current' tab.

Just for the record: Current>Menu>More>Settings>scroll down to 'remote thumbnails'.
LithiumSunset is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 23:05   #457
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Here is another quirk I noticed on the android app: there are several shortcuts to 'forum', 'current' and so on at the bottom of the screen. They change colour with a small no. in a red circle indicating a new/updated thread. So when you click on these links you expect to see the changed status. But one needs to 'refresh' to see the updated posts.
LithiumSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 14:55   #458
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,347
Thanked: 514 Times
Default

I tried uploading pictures from my Android phone for the first time, was not able to do. So I am not the only one.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 14:08   #459
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 3,953 Times
Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Spotted this Punto just before the KR Puram railway station today morning around 09:45 hrs. You went ahead towards whitefield. Pls identify yourself.

P.S. - I tried multiple times but the Team-BHP app for the Android phones crashed each time. Has anyone else also faced similar issues and any expected resolution for this.
Even I've faced this problem many times...Especially while trying to attach files.
The attachment status goes upto 90% and sometimes even upto 100% and the app crashes.
Regarding spottings, LIVE spottings end up as "Highlights"

This problem is not consistent though...some days it works fine and some others it doesn't work at all.

Mods, do we have a solution?
BTW, I'm still running Froyo
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 14:17   #460
BHPian
 
shantanumishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: BLR/GGN
Posts: 230
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Even I've faced this problem many times...Especially while trying to attach files.
The attachment status goes upto 90% and sometimes even upto 100% and the app crashes.
Regarding spottings, LIVE spottings end up as "Highlights"

This problem is not consistent though...some days it works fine and some others it doesn't work at all.

Mods, do we have a solution?
BTW, I'm still running Froyo
Correct, Each time, when the upload attachement finished, the app crashed. BTW, I am using 4.0.4 ICS.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 23:32   #461
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 592 Times
Default

Testing the upload issue on GNex 4.1.2 JB.

Expected Result: App should crash.
Actual Result: Post was successful, without any app crash.

Other testing considerations: Will retry on 3G tomorrow.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by F150 : 11th November 2012 at 23:39.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 19:53   #462
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 592 Times
Default

Retesting from a 3G connection.

Device: GNex 4.1.2 JB

Expected Result: App should crash.
Actual Result: Post was successful, without any app crash.

Other testing considerations: NONE
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-forumrunner_20121112_195252.png  


Last edited by F150 : 12th November 2012 at 19:55.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 15:37   #463
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,363
Thanked: 388 Times
Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Hi,

Getting a Login Issue with Android 4.2. Each time i enter the TBHP App, I get the attached screen and i need to enter my login credentials. Could the TBHP App Developers please check.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-tbhp-error-android-4.2.png  

Desmosedici is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 21:52   #464
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 980
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi,

Getting a Login Issue with Android 4.2. Each time i enter the TBHP App, I get the attached screen and i need to enter my login credentials. Could the TBHP App Developers please check.

Thanks.
I'm also facing the same issue on my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 08:58   #465
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 3,953 Times
Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Testing the upload issue on GNex 4.1.2 JB.

Expected Result: App should crash.
Actual Result: Post was successful, without any app crash.

Other testing considerations: Will retry on 3G tomorrow.
F150, Thanks for testing it out but this problem is not consistent as I have mentioned below and so you can't have an Expected result
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
This problem is not consistent though...some days it works fine and some others it doesn't work at all.
I'll record a video the next time it happens.
It may help the troubleshooters.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 16th November 2012 at 09:00.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al) vcash Gadgets, Computers & Software 1652 25th September 2016 15:11
Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users PCS The Indian Car Scene 53 4th May 2016 11:49
Android app to rate your driving style! cr4nkshaft Gadgets, Computers & Software 11 8th July 2014 06:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks