Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 24th January 2006, 08:29   #16
BHPian

Mclaren, what about people showing up late for the meet?

I am sure we have a fair share of problems with that right? IST - Indian Strechable Time!
Old 24th January 2006, 11:48   #17
BHPian

Umm..guys I havent been to a single meet,but I can surely make it to the next meet if it is after the 1st(exams get over then)...as long as it aint at midnight...and I NEED A RIDE!!
I am not trusted at home with the car :(
Old 24th January 2006, 12:00   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

All those guys who want to meet up pls send me ur contact details and we (v1p3r or myself ) will keep u informed ..

Also we need to do something like harrie said about the always late comers .. Suggestions on this front are more than welcome ..
Old 24th January 2006, 12:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Mclaren, what about people showing up late for the meet?

I am sure we have a fair share of problems with that right? IST - Indian Strechable Time!
You bet - its more stretchable than Tiruppur Hosiery.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:06   #20
BHPian

I really really would like to meet many of you BUT something's stopping me..maybe because I do not have a ride rite now..
Old 24th January 2006, 12:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
I really really would like to meet many of you BUT something's stopping me..maybe because I do not have a ride rite now..
Antony why dont you bring down one of those exotics you keep selling all the time...you may even find a buyer in the Team.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:25   #22
BANNED

No ride ?? No issues . Just let us know ur cell phone number and the place ur put up at .. We will try to get a person close to ur place pick u up from a common spot and drop u back home too .. We bangy boys are quite friendly u know .. So there is no rule that those without a ride shouldnt come ..

Quote:
You bet - its more stretchable than Tiruppur Hosiery
U bet !!!! And more often than not , its this bad habit of mine to reach the destination 10-15 min early thats makes the wait for the others even longer .. I can easily remember of two such instances where once harrie and me landed at bhagini and the rest showed up an hour late .. Same is the case the other meet too , steeroid and myself landed there 15 mins early and the rest arrived an hour later .. This has almost happened everytime if u guys havent realised .. From now on i have decided to leave to the destination at the time we were supposed to meet , hoping that i will still be a few minutes early to all u guys out there :-(!!!!
Old 24th January 2006, 14:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
No ride ?? No issues . Just let us know ur cell phone number and the place ur put up at .. We will try to get a person close to ur place pick u up from a common spot and drop u back home too .. We bangy boys are quite friendly u know .. So there is no rule that those without a ride shouldnt come ..

you can just call or sms and one of us will pick you up that is not a problem at all

U bet !!!! And more often than not , its this bad habit of mine to reach the destination 10-15 min early thats makes the wait for the others even longer .. I can easily remember of two such instances where once harrie and me landed at bhagini and the rest showed up an hour late .. Same is the case the other meet too , steeroid and myself landed there 15 mins early and the rest arrived an hour later .. This has almost happened everytime if u guys havent realised .. From now on i have decided to leave to the destination at the time we were supposed to meet , hoping that i will still be a few minutes early to all u guys out there :-(!!!!
huh??? helloooo ummm ok let me see
The first time i met you guys well the meet was planned for 7:30 right.... ok i had called v1p3r as i took his number from the forum.. and when i called him around that time he gave me wolf's number and told me he is already there.. ok no problem..
i called wolf and he was near lifestyle... and did not turnup till 8:30 or so.. you guys also came late and remember you turned up with psycho... what do you say to that.. the other days i agree i had to wait only for like 15 to 20 min maxx... and as for the days to meet lets keep one weekend fixed like you said and make it a day or night after confirming.. with others
Old 24th January 2006, 15:43   #24
BANNED

Yes agreed ... If u guys notice , im LATE not by choice but rather lack of choice .. Ya , as we all know by know v1p3r happens to arrive a place last if not all the time , but mostly he does .. So if u guys are going by his timing then best of luck ( hehe just kidding blue boy !!!).. From next time try contacting some one who is more punctual lol ... U know like me ...
Old 24th January 2006, 15:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

hey mclaren ...wats with ur signature ...what are you mourning for ?????...dil me mat rakh ...thook de ...we will all share it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
From next time try contacting some one who is more punctual lol ... U know like me ...

yeah i know that ..you came at 8 am for a 7 am meet

Last edited by speedsatya : 24th January 2006 at 15:48.
Old 24th January 2006, 15:48   #26
BHPian

Ya I know what you are talking about

Meet at 7.00 AM near Dakshin Honda

6.30 AM - Me waiting at Mekhri circle for ...
6.30 AM - Blue boy woken up by a phone call
6.45 AM - Me still waiting at Mekhri circle for ...
7.00 AM - Start from Mekhri circle
7.40 AM - Reach Dakshin Honda
7.45 AM - Blue boy reaches venue!
Old 24th January 2006, 16:00   #27
BANNED

Like i said im late with rather a lack of choice .. The dakshin honda meet that harrie is talking about , yes blue boy was last but one to arrive .. Wolf was the last ..

And regarding the one ur talking about satya bhai , bloody hell i would have been the 1st one to reach had it not been for the blue boys nakhras .. Had to go pick him from whitefield after i was half way to dakshin honda (till then he was like im not coming & agreed at the last minute ) , then he decided to park his car at forum .. From there we had to get to dakshin .. Now u guys can go figure out why im late .. Its not because of me , its someone else who always makes it late .. And i hate being LATE !!!!
Ok lets stop cribbing like nannies as to whose late and not .. All that we need to keep in mind is that henceforth we should all try to be on time ..

And coming to the dil mein chupane wali baath , im sorry but thoda sabr karo anna .. Ul know when its time to know ..
Old 24th January 2006, 16:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

All you people live in town. I live in Whitefield!!! Do you know how far that is?!

The first long drive that I came for (Mulbagal), I showed up on time. Everyone else came one hour late! Since then, I have adapted to TBHP ST.

Harrie, according to your timetable, you were yourself 40 min late!!!
Old 24th January 2006, 17:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

an hour late is nothing ! come for a bombay drive and see for yourself....
Old 24th January 2006, 17:56   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

LOL... are we running out of things to fight over?

As far as Bangalore meets are concerned, the thread is always put up well in advance. Thanks to a few enthusiastic members like mclaren n v1p3r, the meets are quite well organised (refer the go karting meet, for example).

As far as coming late is concerned, all i can say is that its become a habit for people (not just for meets, but everywhere else). Start a new thread if u wanna discuss that!

Anyways, bottom line is that no one is stopping anyone from starting a thread about a meet. Its easy to sit back and complain that this aint happening and that aint happening. If anyone thinks something aint right, then get up and set it right by doing it right!

Amitoj
Closed Thread