Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 16th June 2011, 15:43   #436
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
And regarding 3rd point. When? Where? Let's make it in some nice dhaba in Malsejh. Saturday lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@ f1fan, IQBAL VEERJI, HVKumar, Sudarshan, Scrooze, Dippy, you all were sorely missed at the meet! Would have been great catching up with you.

All in all a wonderful meet and I second MX6's proposal of having a withdrawal symptoms meet sometime soon!
Well, we Pune guys are planning to have a drive on the weekend of July 2/3 (either day). We were considering the loop drive from Pune to Mangaon via Varandha & Tamhini ghats. Monaro CV8 has mentioned Malshej and I saw your comments too.
If you are thinking what I am thinking, should we coordinate this one or would it be overkill? Or should we take it as an opportunity for those who could not make it? too many ors...

PS - The Pune meet is being planned as a family meet as most of us are short on brownie points (sshhh...)

Please keep an eye here too:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-road-104.html
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 16:02   #437
Team-BHP Support

Great meet! I haven't been for a BIG one in quite a looooong time!

Now that the monsoon is here we should do this more often, and perhaps include a bit of a scenic drive too! (Ideally Sunday during the day).

Met a LOT of new faces, as well as some of the old ones too. A nice mix.

Great meeting all of you guys, oldies, newbies and even the not-yet-members who made it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Could anyone mark the faces with the handle names ?
I've added names to that post itself. Please help by identifying the "SorryIDontKnowYourName#X"s and i'll edit those in too! (only after seeing the snaps did i realise there were a few guys i didn't meet at all, despite going around from table to table trying to cover the whole gang!)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 16:22   #438
Team-BHP Support

Nice job Rehaan!

Manson tried to convince me he was Steeroid and 1self confused me further by insisting he was Remie or some such. Busted!

Hey- I saw MX6: he was going around taking candid snaps of people. I just assumed it was some amused Sunny's customer with family taking snaps to show his bored old parents at home

Missed tejas@perioimpl as well- damn, needed some free dental advice! Maybe next time.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 18:54   #439
BHPian

@ThrottleKing, good job of putting up the pictures. Now we have names on the faces to aid memory. It was really nice meeting you, and hope we meet in future meets.

@BolBolero ji, what a touching write-up yaar; can you see the tears rolling down my cheek?

It already seems ages since we all met at Sunny's, so when is the next meet? Please make it snappy guys - "Mera lakhon da saawan jaye re." = My million dollar monsoon is slipping by. SuperSelect are you listening? And this time I hope the Goose, the Veerji, the Fan, HVK, and other missed guys will join in. Yes, let's make it a family affair this time.
@Issigonis, please join in if ye not S-A-gone-ish.
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 19:07   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey- I saw MX6: he was going around taking candid snaps of people.
Hey MX6 - where are you man (I mean snaps) ??
C'mon post them fast and don't forget to tag the names to the faces.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 19:36   #441
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics throttleking. MX6 I saw you coming in when me and general guderian were moving out. Man you look entirely different now, I only know you by your facebook profile pic.
I met KHOJ and even spoke to him but didn't know it was KHOJ. I was busy introducing myself.

Now showing GTO's pic is a free giveaway. One of the reasons to come to the meet, was to meet "THE GTO"

I am pretty sure Rehaan will remember me, I bugged him for the love cars live cars sticker.Rehaan this was the sticker was I asking for.
Attached Images

Last edited by F150 : 16th June 2011 at 19:43.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 20:40   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@ f1fan, IQBAL VEERJI, HVKumar, Sudarshan, Scrooze, Dippy, you all were sorely missed at the meet! Would have been great catching up with you.
My bad, its not Scrooze, its sprucegoose

Quote:
Saar. please forgive poor MX6.
Forgiven Saar!
And don't tell me the Red Baron and Super believed your train story! When you narrated it to me, my daughter was cautioning from a corner - not to believe a word of that!

We were very convincing!

And regarding 3rd point. When? Where? Let's make it in some nice dhaba in Malsejh. Saturday lunch.

Malshej doesn't have nice dhaba as far as I recollect! But a drive would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I spotted a Bolero with the LTD sticker at Vashi Sec-17 heading towards highway around 430pm that day. The number was 111 I think. Was it you? I was in my magnum on my way to Andheri for a family function.
You guys sure had a great time. Hope to catch up in the next meet.
Yes that would be me on the way to the meet. The no. is a little off though! We had a fantastic time and you really missed it. Next time you should attend for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Well, we Pune guys are planning to have a drive on the weekend of July 2/3 (either day). We were considering the loop drive from Pune to Mangaon via Varandha & Tamhini ghats. Monaro CV8 has mentioned Malshej and I saw your comments too.
If you are thinking what I am thinking, should we coordinate this one or would it be overkill? Or should we take it as an opportunity for those who could not make it? too many ors...

PS - The Pune meet is being planned as a family meet as most of us are short on brownie points (sshhh...)

Please keep an eye here too:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-road-104.html
Good idea! Keep everyone posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I've added names to that post itself. Please help by identifying the "SorryIDontKnowYourName#X"s and i'll edit those in too! (only after seeing the snaps did i realise there were a few guys i didn't meet at all, despite going around from table to table trying to cover the whole gang!)
cya
R
@ Rehaan: SorryIDontKnowYourName#1 is vicky7799 a.k.a Arif
SorryIDontKnowYourName#3 is Speed-Freak a.k.a.Raj
And I hope I am right otherwise there will be brickbats for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
@BolBolero ji, what a touching write-up yaar; can you see the tears rolling down my cheek?
And there you go making fun of me again!

It already seems ages since we all met at Sunny's, so when is the next meet? Please make it snappy guys - "Mera lakhon da saawan jaye re." = My million dollar monsoon is slipping by. SuperSelect are you listening? And this time I hope the Goose, the Veerji, the Fan, HVK, and other missed guys will join in. Yes, let's make it a family affair this time.
@Issigonis, please join in if ye not S-A-gone-ish.
Good idea sirjee!

@throttleking, thanks for the photographic evidence!
@MX6, where are the photos you so candidly took and I'm not the one who said that!

Last edited by BolBolero : 16th June 2011 at 20:44. Reason: typo
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 21:23   #443
Senior - BHPian

Sir ji , it is a great ness from your side to remember me that I missed out the fun,
The problem is weakday, and I was to submit a tender on monday.
I think let us have all meets on holidays , sundays, everyone dont have saturday off nowadays.
All meets must start very early morning and may end late evening.
That is my suggestion BOSS , I will be with majority of cource.
I had spoken to Gostel ji also same afternoon and he told me to join in but I had told him about my problem.Regards.........

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2011 at 22:31. Reason: Please avoid quoting a long post specially when its on same page, thanks
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 22:09   #444
Senior - BHPian

As Always, Tbhp meets small or big are good enough reasons for me to put other plans on hold (my proposed drive up North) or make new ones (the trip down last year for Kaas).

Quote:

cya
R
Reehan, thanks for the stickers and now for 'handling' the snaps.

Ashish Pallod + #1 IDnKYN is Vicky7799 and once again
AP + #3 IDnKYN is Speed-Freak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Sir ji , it is a great ness from your side to remember me that I missed out the fun,
The problem is weakday, and I was to submit a tender on monday.
Veerji, sirf tussi hi kum kaarde ho, baaki de te sirf ghaa katdee ne!
Maino lagya si ke ghatoon ghat nyaaneyan no te torogey
Bahaane chaddo agli varee nahin chalooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
I think let us have all meets on holidays , sundays, everyone dont have saturday off nowadays.
All meets must start very early morning and may end late evening.
That is my suggestion BOSS , I will be with majority of cource.
VEERJI, majority says meets must start very late in the evening and end very late the next morning after brunch. This was proposed and ratified at SDD. Rest it is all in our minds, Sir. Monday can be a Sunday and Sunday can be Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I met KHOJ and even spoke to him but didn't know it was KHOJ. I was busy introducing myself.
Err.. did I not introduce myself back??

Quote:
But in the end, I managed to surprise myself too! And the pleasure is mine.
The pleasure was all ours to have MX6Jr. join us

Quote:
And don't tell me the Red Baron and Super believed your train story! When you narrated it to me, my daughter was cautioning from a corner - not to believe a word of that!
Believed! They lapped it up.
I am sure that brings back memories of HVK's and my trip to KanyaKumari a couple of months ago what with you and Bol Bolero and a flurry of phone calls spread over a good four hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
not exactly !! hahaha
Exactly like that n_c and that's the way we like you. I would have liked to have been able to spend time talking to you. Will make up for that in the next meet or sooner, hopefully.

Quote:
Now that the monsoon is here we should do this more often, and perhaps include a bit of a scenic drive too! (Ideally Sunday during the day).
Quote:
Looks like my plans of driving up North are going to be delayed yet again. Not that I mind.

Guys, it was great meeting you all and hope to see you again sooner than later. Untill the next Tbhp meet then, Ciao.

EDIT

Quote:
No Khoj, you didn't when I said I was F150, you asked me " is it you really you" and you started talking about F15.
Oh, I remember now, I had you confused with F1fan. My bad.
All the time I was wondering, man this guy has really shed some serious tonnage. In fact I was tempted to ask you how? Should have done that, would have ended the confusion, ha..ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Yes sir, that be me!
Dang, double bad. Just saw your snap and you were seated on the table right next to mine.
Next time fellow Cedizen or maybe sooner if time permits.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2011 at 22:36. Reason: only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 22:13   #445
Senior - BHPian

No Khoj, you didn't when I said I was F150, you asked me " is it you really you" and you started talking about F15.
Old 17th June 2011, 06:18   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Aaaww come on yaar, why so much fuss over a missing 'zero', eh???
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 06:28   #447
BANNED

Another Missed TeamBHP meet. Jeez, ive got the timing all wrong I suppose. Hope I am in India for the next one.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 06:43   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Aaaww come on yaar, why so much fuss over a missing 'zero', eh???
1self anna. we didn't have the discussion that we were supposed to have. May be next time.
Old 17th June 2011, 06:47   #449
BHPian

Quote:
1self anna. we didn't have the discussion that we were supposed to have. May be next time.
i stay in pune as do you....let's meet up then?
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 06:53   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Looks like my plans of driving up North are going to be delayed yet again. Not that I mind.
@khoj: I have two LARGE cans of WD40 artfully displayed on my living room shelf.
Perhaps they can help fortify your ride for the journey up north!
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote