Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2006, 16:31   #316
BHPian

I am in give me more information
thanx
Old 21st April 2006, 16:42   #317
Senior - BHPian

Default Would love to come but.....

hey guys it looks like a very enticing offer.....but i have my premeds on the 5th of june and i cant make it....it goes without saying but you'll must put up snaps...for the ones who are going there you'll are lucky buggers...enjoy and take care!
Old 21st April 2006, 17:05   #318
BHPian

Great to hear that guys... unfortunately not in town then :(

But Pls pls pls.... let me know... how can I get a hand on the Tshirts??
Old 21st April 2006, 17:41   #319

Default who all from Pune?

would like to come if others from pune r driving down in a convoy
PK
Old 21st April 2006, 18:36   #320
elf
BANNED

Arrow Convoy from Bombay...?

Hello boys-shoys (an' girls-shirls, if you insist).

The convoy idea sounds great - we should also have one for us Bombay boys... if I'm in (which I hope to be, time-shime & work-shirk depending), I'd love to move along to Goa wid a buncha udder chaps.

Let's see some support for the idea!
Old 22nd April 2006, 09:40   #321

hey guys good to note that the team bhp meet is happening in goa, count me in i am willing to stay in 1000k room, i will get in toch with Mclaren soon.....
Old 22nd April 2006, 09:56   #322

Hey guys........
I was soo excited to come to the TBHP meet until I saw the dates 26th - 30th May :(::::::coz i'm going to goa this April 26th :( :(....well i'll really miss it.......all those who make it....enjoy guys and have a Great time
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:41   #323
Senior - BHPian

Angry

it's good to hear about the meet in goa, would have loved to join in the meet. Unfortunately i have a lot of dates with my text books from 15th may to july 10th since i have my final semester exams then in belgaum. thanks for the invite though. will try my best to meet up with you guys.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd April 2006 at 23:51.
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:58   #324
BHPian

Default Great idea guys

Hi there

I think is a great idea to meet in Goa. It’s a great place. I have my engagement on 30th but if u guys confirm the meet I will postpone it t 2-3. Hopefully u don’t dismantle it after confirmation or i would have to find a rent at some of ur places after being thrown out.

I can suggest few places.

Mapusa, Panjim and Madgaon are well known and travesed.

what we can do is go for a place called as Ponda. Here there is ample scenery for nature lovers, u get flavor of traditional goa with great Portuguese cuisine. Not to forget the Doodhsagar falls which is an exciting chill place for families and also there is scope for adventure sports like paragliding trekking etc.
It won’t be as hot there as goa can get really hot in May (it’s my native place)

Preferably I would never go to goa in this season (best season Jan 3rd week to March 1st week/ off season and great discounts). It holiday time now and Goa would be flooded and hence if u guys are looking for relaxation I think Ponda would be great place.
Also we can try Palelom beach in south goa.
There is another locality called Arambol beach which is the only place to have a fresh water lake within the beach. It’s isolated and u have to traverses scenic roads of Pernem to go there. (great thing for guys who want to drive down)
It’s in north goa and it connects to Kerry beach near Terecol fort.

So 4 options

1> The regular calangute/baga/anjuna stuff
2> South goa (palelom an Madgaon)
3> Ponda (Doodhsagar falls/trekking etc etc *****)
4> Arambol (isolated, good getaway, no pestering by tourist)

So make a call quick

I can give u some contacts of a person in Ponda who can do all the arrangements. But the estimates have to be worked out by the responsible guys soon. U can get cheap deals.
What I suggest is that u can chalk out a plan having Ac/ Non Ax rooms with tarrifs etc as options and get the confirmation done by 15th May cut off date with intial amount sent by DD or Cheque with individual choice. There can also be an option for certain people to make their own accommodation provisions if they want to.
Ponda is comparatively cheaper then other hot spot locations as it falls in central goa. 30km from Panjim.
Great initiative. Carry on Team- Bhp
Sumit

Last edited by lodhra : 22nd April 2006 at 14:07.
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:59   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra
Goa would be flooded and hence if u guys are looking for relaxation I think Ponda would be great place.
its a bit far from places one would like to visit on a vacation (but, all the places would now be 30+ kms from here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra
3> Ponda (Doodhsagar falls/trekking etc etc *****)
Doodhsagar is half the way accross goa from Ponda!
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:10   #326
BHPian

I feel so left out man...really want to meet u guys. Im in goa wid my family just till 5 days b4 the meet.....staying in taj holiday village.... 5 days...
Old 22nd April 2006, 18:02   #327

Hi, I have to work.. but then almost every1 has to... will try to comfirm it after having discussion with my Cuzz regarding this. Where are we guys planning to stay whle in GOA?? I mean is that worked out already?? Also if you can, Please update First page with detail regularly.
Old 23rd April 2006, 03:29   #328
BHPian

i dont think i can get off work.. plus got coll admissions around that time..
Old 23rd April 2006, 11:57   #329
Senior - BHPian

hey im going to be in goa in that exact time frame....hehe good for me. See you boys there.

Drifter
Old 23rd April 2006, 12:19   #330
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
hey im going to be in goa in that exact time frame....hehe good for me. See you boys there.

Drifter
Hey, Thats real neat ... so we will get to check out the car that we have heard and read so much about !!

So where wud you be staying ... also why dont you rope in the other guys from Bombay to wake up and decide if they coming or not ??

Cheers
Closed Thread