Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2006, 22:29   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Steer my dear, great feeling but suggest keep your options open. You never know when you need them.
I agree, old man! I have a booking a good place but the first option is to stay with the crowd. Since the boys are awfully quiet, the 2nd option may just be required.
Old 12th May 2006, 01:02   #422
BANNED

Hey, Its perfectly OK if the Bombay gang wanna do their own bookings but lets not get the locations messed up ..wudnt wanthalf the guys in the South and the rest up north !! Though I wonder why doesnt everyone want to stay together ... I thought that was the whole idea --no point in getting there and then again trying to co-ordinate things between everyone !!!!

But if you guys insist that you wanna do your own accomo then atleast make sure that its near to where the others are ....

Cheers
Old 12th May 2006, 01:09   #423
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu, where are the other members planning to do bookings?
Till now there hasnt been any information about that.
But either ways, the Bombay gang will be put up at Valentines Retreat, Candolim...5 mins driving distance from Aguada Beach.

Drifter
Old 12th May 2006, 01:17   #424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
Khaadu, where are the other members planning to do bookings?
Till now there hasnt been any information about that.
But either ways, the Bombay gang will be put up at Valentines Retreat, Candolim...5 mins driving distance from Aguada Beach.

Drifter
Hey, Well I guess Rallystar had decided on Calangut Beach ... but I tried calling him this afternoon and cudn't get thru !! But atleast we all are up North so thats a relief ... Will confirm by tomorrow as to where the rest of us are staying ....

Cheers
Old 12th May 2006, 01:19   #425
Senior - BHPian

Yeah that means we are all closeby, Calangute beach is barely 10mins away.

Drifter
Old 12th May 2006, 09:26   #426
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
as discussed last Saturday, the Bombay gang will make it's own accomodation arrangements.
Hey Aditya why this all of a sudden ??? are all not going to stay together ???....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, Well I guess Rallystar had decided on Calangut Beach ... but I tried calling him this afternoon and cudn't get thru !! ... Will confirm by tomorrow as to where the rest of us are staying ....
Any confirmed info about the rooms ???

hope it doesnt turn out that we got to arrange our own acoomodation...
Old 12th May 2006, 14:27   #427
BHPian

hi guys,

we can confirm the accomodation only after paying the advance money to the hotel.As it is peak holiday season the do not book the rooms without paying.So please let me know about your schedules and no. of people coming.
cheers
Old 12th May 2006, 15:21   #428
BANNED

Rallystar , Finally some signs of activity from you !!! I tried calling you yesterday but cudnt get thru as it said out of coverage area ... I'm reaching there on the 24th eve but will be headed to South Goa and staying with a friend. Gonna try and call u in a bit again ...

As for the accomo for the meet it seems the Bombay guys have allready done their bookings , Bangalore is being handled by Mclaren and he just sent me a sms saying he needs 3 days more to confirm the exact number of rooms !!! I'm the only one from Delhi it seems ... Ill wait for 3 days for Mclaren to confirm or else I will send you money for my booking .....

Also have you co-ordinated with the go kart owner for the day out there ?? Also lets hope we can get the ground for the autocross .... Actually let me call you and speak more in detial !! Ill post it after that ....

Cheers
Old 12th May 2006, 17:15   #429
BHPian

where are the bangy boys planing to stay???
Old 12th May 2006, 17:21   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops
Whoa!!! the activist is on again...

Anyways really what are the plans and I heard that I am being kidnapped???
Old 12th May 2006, 17:41   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops
Hey, I just smsd mclaren and he has asked for three more days time to confirm the number of rooms wanted/needed for the Bangy guys !! Rallystar had suggested one of the Goa tourism guest houses at Calangut but he's waiting for ppl to confirm and send him the advance so that he can proceed with the bookings !!! Sunday is when it gets finalised I guess ....

The following activities have been decided upon .. which day and what time shall be decided once we all get to Goa on the 26th !! The proposed actiovities are Go karting session , an autocross track session which again depends on members wanting to try their hand at driving on dirt , someone from the local media to cover the event and maybe have a photo shoot of all the cars and members there , chill out on the beach with maybe a beach volleyball session and finally there is a group of hard core off road drivers there who might be interested in meeting up with us guys as they have heard a lot about team-bhp but never signed up ...... the drag racers can get a tip or two about off roading as well !!!! I forgot the CHILLED BEER part ...

Its a whole lot of things but as to which day what will happen has been purposely kept flexible as we dont know what amd who will want to do what !!! Activities shall be done according to Rallystars decision as he being a local guy will know what time is best for what .. plus time taken to cover various distances , etc !!! I hope all members who are planning on coming read this and throw their feed back and suggestions though the final decision will be taken on the spot ......

And I request members to pls co-ordinate with me or the respective guys from their towns about the accomo .. I mean just incase we missed out someone !!! If anyone is doing their own accomo ..pls let us know as to the loaction and preferably pls keep it between or around the calangut -- candolim stretch ... we shudnt have to waste time co-ordinating between varuious groups all the time !!!

Also if somebody could take the time and post the confirmed members/cars that are heading to Goa ... !!!

ANy questions ..pls feel free to ask and I will try and answer them as soon as possible !!

One final thing ( A REQUEST ) .... we are not heading to Goa to race against each other or show off what we can do with our vehicles but its for us to interact and mingle with each other on a one to one basis instead of the keyboard .... so pls refrain from stupid antics on the general roads .

Catch you guys in Goa shortly .......

Quote:
I heard that I am being kidnapped???
Well I hope whoever is doing it does a gud job .. !!! Ur name is on the top of the list ....

Cheers
Old 12th May 2006, 17:50   #432
BHPian

well keshav its GOA...and my ears perked up!! was there 2 weeks back....any it should be ok if we are all staying close to each other...and not necessarly at the same place....ive stayed in valantines retreat a couple of years back...its a decent place. guys keep us informed about the car pooling bit....the go karting track is also pretty close, its in arpura. we all can always co ordinate over the phone. nothing is really too far as long as we stick to baga, calangut, candolim area.
Old 12th May 2006, 18:13   #433
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Anyways really what are the plans and I heard that I am being kidnapped???
So its happening finally is it....... whose trunk are you being put in ???

Last edited by Jay : 12th May 2006 at 18:24.
Old 12th May 2006, 18:17   #434
Senior - BHPian

Members from bombay/pune -

Drifter, Aditya, F50, NC+friend, dippy*, adya33, nitroxx.

Cars - Accent, Contessa, Octavia.

Are there anymore people from Bombay interested? Speak up now.

What about members from delhi, bangalore and other cities.
Its high time we have confirmations...just about 2 weeks till goa. Common boys!
Like Khaadu said.

NO ANTICS ON THE ROAD. LETS HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE DRIVE.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 12th May 2006 at 18:22.
Old 13th May 2006, 12:44   #435
Team-BHP Support

i'm probably leaving on the 24th or 25th as i have to be back by the 28th.
not certain about this yet though, will keep you guys posted.

manson.
Closed Thread