Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2006, 11:26   #646
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Guys, I'm off this afternoon and will be landing in Goa at about 4 !!!! I'm not gonna log in much now and will co-ordinate with u guys on the phone .... Will be waiting to see u guys on the 26th .....
Hey Happy Journey Khaadu, will meet you on 26th....
Just heard from a friend of mine that GOA is ROCKING ( as told by his friend who is there now )....
Old 24th May 2006, 11:27   #647
Senior - BHPian

hey just in - on CNN

Monsoon to hit Goa by 1st June 2006 or maybe if things go right even earlier this time. We sure are in for a rocking time now !
Old 24th May 2006, 11:39   #648
BHPian

It rained for about a half-hour all over North Goa last night. Don't worry, it's not the monsoon yet, still another ten days or so for it. This will make the weather very humid and muggy, so get an a/c room for sure, plenty of beer will also do the trick!
See you guys in Goa - but where?
Old 24th May 2006, 11:43   #649
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
It rained for about a half-hour all over North Goa last night. Don't worry, it's not the monsoon yet, still another ten days or so for it. This will make the weather very humid and muggy, so get an a/c room for sure, plenty of beer will also do the trick!
See you guys in Goa - but where?
Hey filcord, I didnt even know we had another mamber besides Rallystar from Goa .. Anyways we guys r staying around the Bagga - Calangut stretch. Can u PM me ur number or maybe even post it here and I will get in touch with you this eve after I land in Goa .

And yes I agree plenty of Beer will do the trick for us guys !!!

Cheers
Old 24th May 2006, 11:47   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Out of interest - how many of you really like Feni? The first time I went to Goa it was made out to be the 'real' thing to do - personally I found the drink smelly and disgusting, and that reaction drew horrified stares that can only be compared to what you would get if you walked into a meeting room stark naked.

DISCLAIMER: TBHP does not encourage highspeed driving, drinking, solicitation of any sort and any combination thereof.
some pointers: Feni is not something you would drink in a suit or even formal clothes. In bathing trunks or shorts, who cares about the smell! Also, get a good brand, in a good hotel, or if you are buying a bottle ask for something that should cost about Rs 100 upwards. Try one peg with a very cold Limca to top up. Cheers!
Old 24th May 2006, 11:53   #651
Senior - BHPian

Filcord mate - will try that concotion once and see how it goes. Hope to see you in Goa.
Old 24th May 2006, 12:54   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
some pointers: Feni is not something you would drink in a suit or even formal clothes. In bathing trunks or shorts, who cares about the smell! Also, get a good brand, in a good hotel, or if you are buying a bottle ask for something that should cost about Rs 100 upwards. Try one peg with a very cold Limca to top up. Cheers!
You have no idea how I look in bathing trunks or shorts - Feni would be quite palatable thereafter so I assume that everyone else will be tanking up.
Old 24th May 2006, 14:00   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Out of interest - how many of you really like Feni? The first time I went to Goa it was made out to be the 'real' thing to do - personally I found the drink smelly and disgusting, and that reaction drew horrified stares that can only be compared to what you would get if you walked into a meeting room stark naked.
My first (and till date, the only) visit to Goa was in '91 from college on a so-called "educational tour" of Bombay->Goa->B'lore. If binge drinking, ogling the women serving beer in the Bombay beer bars, bargain hunting on M.G.Road etc can be termed educational, then the tour served its purpose.
We did try feni in Goa and it felt like just another liquor for me. Can't say I liked it or disliked it - sort of just OK. Anyway, we did not do too much of that because even with a student budget, the usual IMFL stuff was so damn cheap - if I remember right, a small peg of rum was like Rs2.5.
Have fun, guys and take care. And don't forget to get a few snaps of Steer in bathing trunks.
Old 24th May 2006, 14:24   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
And don't forget to get a few snaps of Steer in bathing trunks.
I will be there SB with the cam - so you can expect some spy and candid pics of Steer and his antics in his bathing trunks
Old 24th May 2006, 14:35   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
I will be there SB with the cam - so you can expect some spy and candid pics of Steer and his antics in his bathing trunks
I assume Sam's not coming and that is why I have to be the 'comic relief'...from what I hear, I wont be a patch on that gent.
Old 24th May 2006, 15:00   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Steer, are you flying down just for this meet ? Or is it a kind of business trip with a little pleasure thrown in or vice versa ? And are you doing the Cochin - Goa run by car (Dicor) ?
Old 24th May 2006, 15:30   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I assume Sam's not coming and that is why I have to be the 'comic relief'...from what I hear, I wont be a patch on that gent.
Well for the comic relief the gas has landed and as for Sam I am going to 5 bottles full

Hey Steer I still dont have your Steer so tell me what to do.
Old 24th May 2006, 15:46   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Hey Steer I still dont have your Steer so tell me what to do.
Jeez - 2 days to go! Call the guy - he's in YOUR town!
Old 24th May 2006, 16:09   #659
Senior - BHPian

2 days to go and am swamped with work out here to clear before I get out ... but at the same time just 2 more days to go ... to the sun and the sands

Quote:
Jeez - 2 days to go! Call the guy - he's in YOUR town!
Well I do have a right to pull you up once in a while
Old 24th May 2006, 16:36   #660
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
And don't forget to get a few snaps of Steer in bathing trunks.
You want snaps of who/what... whats going on guys...... people have weird interests here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
NC Noooooooooooooo

Last edited by Jay : 24th May 2006 at 16:40.
Closed Thread