Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Will you come to the Team-BHP national meet in Goa?
Yes 67 33.67%
No 58 29.15%
Undecided 74 37.19%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11th February 2006, 13:31   #76
BANNED

Hey, I'm in for end Goa but I too will fly down and get a Jeep for myself from a friend there ...

Me confirmed !!!

Cheers

PS -- I better start the crunches .. get the flab out ..lol !!!
Old 11th February 2006, 13:40   #77
BANNED

Hey,

I'm in for Goa as well. Have a suggestion whoever is in charge of accomodation collect the money from the confirmed members upfront so that he does not end up shelling out a big amount. That way if anyone cancels then his money gets forfieted and is also a way to know for sure how many people are coming. I'm sure in all hotels cancellation charges are applicable.

Viper
Old 11th February 2006, 13:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

I had better start looking for a ride to bring to Goa!!!
Old 11th February 2006, 13:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

The mods are rather quiet on this one - is this going to be an 'official meet' or an 'unofficial bash' ? Not that it matters, as long as there are enough members around....

Nice signature, v1p3r!

Last edited by Steeroid : 11th February 2006 at 13:47.
Old 11th February 2006, 13:48   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

I'm in for Goa as well. Have a suggestion whoever is in charge of accomodation collect the money from the confirmed members upfront so that he does not end up shelling out a big amount. That way if anyone cancels then his money gets forfieted and is also a way to know for sure how many people are coming. I'm sure in all hotels cancellation charges are applicable.

Viper
Hey, This is a must do thing !! Basically first lets set a date for confirming your particpation , meanwhile lets select someone from Goa who is willing to give us the options for stay and the rates that he can get !! After that if anyone cancels we can forfeit his amount ... Accomodation at that time of the year won't be a prob as its totally off season .....

But wud it be a gud time for Goa as most of the pubs/bars wud be closed ( im guessing ) !!

Rudra,GTO,Rtech,Psycho,Sam Kapasi,Autopsyche,gunbir, etc .... speak up pls !!!

Cheers

Last edited by khaadu75 : 11th February 2006 at 13:50.
Old 11th February 2006, 13:54   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
The mods are rather quiet on this one - is this going to be an 'official meet' or an 'unofficial bash' ? Not that it matters, as long as there are enough members around....

Nice signature, v1p3r!
Hey, Lets make it an official one !! I remember GTO and Rudra sir being game ... sure others will make it if we can get atleast 40-50 members there ...

Cheers
Old 11th February 2006, 13:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Nice signature, v1p3r!
Thank you!

Last edited by v1p3r : 11th February 2006 at 13:59.
Old 11th February 2006, 14:09   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ok lets see at the number of confirmations we have already .. Lets do it city-wise for ease so that the other members from the same part can co-ordinate and keep us updated ..

Aizwal : Gtea
Delhi / North india : Khaadu ,
Pune / Bombay : Edmund , GTO , viper , nitroxx ,
Chennai : Nitrous , islero ,
Bangalore : V1p3r , psycho , joz , godfather , mclaren ,
Hyderabad : Ghostrider , satish appasani ,
NRI's : Steeroid ..

Also a suggestion, lets make the attendence for all the mods compulsary unless they have a good reason for not being there as in a foreign trip, NRI etc etc ..

MODS : Can we have this confirmation list put up on the 1st post of this thread so that the others can also have a look at it and decide to vote in .. It sure does help knowing that a few members have already confirmed .. The list can be updated as and when people confirm ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th February 2006 at 14:12.
Old 11th February 2006, 14:11   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

Viper
.. Was about to suggest the same , for the ease of the guy whose booking the rooms and also to know if the members are really interested in making it to the national meet ..
Old 11th February 2006, 14:49   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, Lets make it an official one !! I remember GTO and Rudra sir being game ... sure others will make it if we can get atleast 40-50 members there ...
Cheers
40 - 50 sounds rather optimistic
I think the main reason people are not committing anything right now, is because hardly anyone knows what he (there's no 'she') is going to be doing on a date as distant as the decided one. I suppose as time goes by, we will get many more confirmations / dropouts. The last time we went, we had not booked so that we could accomodate last minute entries. If there are many people expected on this trip, things will have to be carefully chalked out.

How does this schedule sound?
May 26 (Friday) departure from Mumbai / Bangalore - May 30 (Tuesday) departure from Goa

I'll confirm my attendance a little later.
Old 11th February 2006, 18:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

ok after chatting with mclaren I am most probably in. Though will be sure by last week of April, early (within) first week of May.

Where is drifter? he must be really excited to meet his gal in goa
Old 11th February 2006, 19:23   #87
BHPian

Good about giving so much time to prepare! I have already taken a month's study leave. Should make up for it in march and april so that my bosses wont be too displeased to let me off for a week!

BTW, a very very important question. How much money would we need to cover all expenses comfortably (tansport, hotel, food, drinks, entertainment, etc, etc)? Tell me fast so I can beg, borrow and steal by the time the meet is finalised!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 11th February 2006, 19:52   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Good about giving so much time to prepare! I have already taken a month's study leave. Should make up for it in march and april so that my bosses wont be too displeased to let me off for a week!

BTW, a very very important question. How much money would we need to cover all expenses comfortably (tansport, hotel, food, drinks, entertainment, etc, etc)? Tell me fast so I can beg, borrow and steal by the time the meet is finalised!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Hey, Like I mentioned earlier .. the costings and stuff will have to be worked out once we are sure that its happening and the Mods decide to term it as an 'OFFICIAL TEAM-BHP MEET' .. !!

Also costs will depend on a lot of factors like mode of transport ( self driven/shared -- flight , etc ) !! I'll give ypu a simple idea ... just start saving ..

Cheers
Old 11th February 2006, 21:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

Yeah even I need an idea of the cost.....hoping it wont be somethin astronomical.......
Old 11th February 2006, 22:01   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, Like I mentioned earlier .. the costings and stuff will have to be worked out once we are sure that its happening and the Mods decide to term it as an 'OFFICIAL TEAM-BHP MEET' .. !!

Also costs will depend on a lot of factors like mode of transport ( self driven/shared -- flight , etc ) !! I'll give ypu a simple idea ... just start saving ..

Cheers
Oh gosh mods... please make it an 'official team-bhp meet' fast! And work out the details quickly too!

I have to go through my paperback edition of 'A 101 excuses to give to your boss to get leave for a TBHP meet' to prepare till then!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Closed Thread