Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: which weekend ??
4th & 5th of march 2006 ??? 4 57.14%
11th & 12th of march 2006 ??? 3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th February 2006, 15:29   #16
Joz
BHPian

This is great... was a little disappointed that i missed the last one (especially after Sideways told me that the next one might happen only after the summers in August).

If it is 11th/12th i will be there. Whether i will be bringing the car or not is something i will have to decide.

Impossible to make it on the weekend of 4th.

Joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 15:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I'll be damned if i let go of one more opportunity!! But can we please have it on 11th n 12th? Two reasons:
1. I get my salary on 10th!
2. See reason 1 above.

Cheers
Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 15:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ok, as usual, I'm in. Whether I get my car or not is another question. Both dates are perfectly fine by me, which is why I haven't voted.

Amitoj, bhai mere, I have an inkling of what you're bringing. And I wish to try it on track, so please note my request!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 16:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
And I wish to try it on track, so please note my request!
Rehem Sarkar! Uske dhoodh ke daant to toot lene do!

Btw, will i be able to rent one of the track esteems? coz thats wot i would prefer to do.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 16:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Rehem Sarkar! Uske dhoodh ke daant to toot lene do!

Btw, will i be able to rent one of the track esteems? coz thats wot i would prefer to do.
Yes you will be able to. Details are available on the previous track day thread. Charges are 1500 for 10 laps (includes 400 for 1 session track rental) and 1100 for 5 laps (includes 400 for 1 session track rental)

But above might be revised because of the excessive beating the cars got the last time.

Last edited by Sideways : 10th February 2006 at 16:40.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 16:28   #21
BHPian

Guys,

4th & 5th March is definitely not happening, as the FISSME boys are busy during that weekend.

If its happening in March, its gotta be 11th & 12th only.

How many takers this time?
BikerSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 16:33   #22
BHPian

Guys,

Pricing for the FISSME's and Race Esteems will most likely be revised by the car owners. They might become a little more expensive taking into account the excessive wear and tear over the 2 days.

Final pricing will be posted here soon.
Old 10th February 2006, 16:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG
Guys,

4th & 5th March is definitely not happening, as the FISSME boys are busy during that weekend.

If its happening in March, its gotta be 11th & 12th only.

How many takers this time?
Can the Mods please change the topic of the thread accordingly. Thanx.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 17:47   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Any mention of track day and bingo, v1p3r and myself are always up and ready .. Comeon guys it aint risky at all to bring ur car onto track .. We have taken v1p3r's baleno twice now and other than tyre wear we had no issues whatsoever .. What actually surprised me was the ability of our usual road going cars showed on track .. One gets to know how to handle the car in situations like understeer , oversteer etc and this only hones our skills and makes us better drivers on road ..

And i repeat once again, THE TRACK IS SAFER THAN ANY OF OUR INDIAN ROADS .. It has plenty of run-off area around corners , layout of the track is bloody brilliant .. We have corners where speeds vary from 40km/hr to 120km/hr ... So samurai , joz , amitoj and all the others pls do bring in your own cars too , bcoz there is nothing like trying to find the limits on ur car .. This is one chance we get to max out .. And also this entire thing helps u get in better sync with ur own cars , and makes u a better driver .. As far as the insurance is concerned im sure sideways will get back with a feedback soon , even if not there are ways out of this ..

PS : As most of u bangaloreans know , im without a car .. Heck , if i dont get myself a new car by then i shall bring my puny 800 to track ...
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 17:47   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

will be free in march.... any weekend is good for me considering the proximity of the track to where i live....

gotta get new tires....
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 17:55   #26
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Heck , if i dont get myself a new car by then i shall bring my puny 800 to track ...

Somewhere i am hoping this does happen... my .8 ltr would love the company. But wait, i still haven't decided if i am bringing my car. I am more keen on the FISSMEs, LGBs and Esteems available there.
Joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 18:03   #27
BHPian

LGB's are not available. choose between fissme's or race esteems. or both
Old 10th February 2006, 18:06   #28
BANNED

As far as the suggestions go , i think v1p3r has already adressed most of them ..

1. Availability of hydraulic jacks so that we can change tyres .. At the last meet i think they had only 2 and the baleno had to sit out for a session for the lack of jacks ..

2. It would be fantastic if we could have lap by lap timings available to show our progress .. That way we could experiment with a few points and see the difference ..

3. A layout of the track with the distance etc if put up on the forum would be fantastic .. A few can come prepared mentally ..

4. How about having 1 session with the long loop .. Now that a few of us have seen the short loop , a try at the long loop wont do any harm ..

5. It would be nice if u guys could arrange for 2nd hand tyres FOR SALE rather than the present RENTAL BASIS .. The current session rates ( RS 350/-) are a bit expensive for college goers like the two of us ..

6. Secondly if possible chalk out a deal with the owners of the FISSME's and the track esteems charges for one entire session .. Apart from the usual 5 & 10 laps wish we could rent them for the entire 30 mins at a nominal price .. 10 laps is a bit too short atleast for me ..

7 . Also rather than collecting rental for track again for the FISSME's and the track esteems , i think those who have paid the track rental for atleast two sessions for driving their own cars be allowed not to further pay the rentals .. I know its a bit too much , but having to ask for parents for money who arent auto enthus and then telling them why we spent that much isnt that easy u know ..

Thats it for now , will add if i can recollect the rest .. Sorry for the cribbing sideways & bikersg .. I know u guys went way out of way to accomodate our requests the last time around by making sessional charges .. If this wish come true , then we would be greatful to u guys ..

PS : All u bangaloreans who have recieved my SMS atleast reply yaar .. Or else confirm here atleast ..
Old 10th February 2006, 18:17   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG
LGB's are not available. choose between fissme's or race esteems. or both
No issues .. For now i think it would be better for us to get used to the FISSME's first .. Been reading a lot on the two and have got a feedback that the LGB's are more of a sedate kinda cars with the FISSME's being more challenging .. Is it bcoz of the additional weight of the LGB's ?? Hopefully at the next meet we would have the LGB's too .. Also need to check out JD's track esteem this time .. Heard its got no brake boosters .. But handles like a maniac .. Psycho stay away from it this time , she is mine ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joz
Somewhere i am hoping this does happen... my .8 ltr would love the company.
Dont worry buddy, looks like it might happen in all likelyhood with the way the things are going right now ..
Old 10th February 2006, 19:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Ok, my whole family is in. However, not decided on bringing the car. Does insurance cover this kind of activity, I am thinking not. If there is damage, insurance won't be covering it, isn't?

i don't think insurance covers racing and rallying..it is clearly mentioned in the policy...unless you have bought a policy that covers that too
adit1329 is offline   Reply With Quote