Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: which weekend ??
4th & 5th of march 2006 ??? 4 57.14%
11th & 12th of march 2006 ??? 3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th February 2006, 12:18   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default bangy & chennai meet on 11th/12 of march 2006 .. Get ready for it ..

Ok here goes a try .. All those who were smitten by the track day events recently held at chennai here is some good news .. Chennai boys are planning to host the track day yet again either on the 4th/5th of march or the 11th/12th of march 2006 .. This gives us oppurtunity for us to get back on track and guys who have missed out on the previous two attempts can catch up with the rest ..

To the married/family folks .. U guys can bring ur entire famly along as well .. There is a wonderful resort about 2kms from the track .. An amazing place to stay at .. Pretty affordable too .. We loved it ..

Track day as usual is tremendous fun .. One can do a lot of things from driving your own cars for a mere 900 bucks a day to renting racing cars such as the FISSME's , LGB's and the track esteems at a nominal rate .. Advice to all bringing their own cars would be to get a spare set of front tyres , to prevent rapid wear to ur road using ones or u can even rent them at the track .. I know some would say its no fun risking ur hard earned money u put into buying the car on a track , but the truth is ur car is SAFER on the track than any of the roads we have in india (so dont buy that logic of not wanting to come to tracks for that sole reason).. Let this mindset be driven out and once u get onto a track trust me its a feeling of nirvana .. And one will surely come back to the tracks time and time again if u were to experience it just once .. So all u need is a start ..

Lets make this drive/family outing a successful one .. Hoping all u bangy folks get out and participate in huge numbers .. All those who are coming , pls confirm about which weekend would be ideal for u .. Putting up a poll ..

Chennai gang better pull up their socks and gather in huge numbers .. Its rather disappointing to see the same faces again and again without any involvement from the rest ..

PS : calling ajmat , rudra , wolf , shantanu , joz , xtreme nos , adit , amitoj , anush , gray , godfather , nitin , samurai , satan , zahed and all u other guys out there ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 12:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Give me a day or two to confirm.. The weekends are ok for others but for me i am working in a software company with wednesday and thursday as off's. so i will need time to decide and work on the days to take a holiday on the above dates.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 12:47   #3
BHPian

guys,

if we drive sensibly, nothing will happen to the car. i have done way too many laps at the track and never had a problem with any of my cars.

at the most only tyres and brakes wear a little faster than road driving.

if we dont go in too hot into the corners, even ur tyres can be saved.

most of u bengalooruans were going in too hot into the corners and then having to correct way too much. this not only results in slower lap times but worn out tyres.

SG
BikerSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 13:24   #4
BHPian

Come on people it's time to party - Yet Again !!!
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 13:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ok, my whole family is in. However, not decided on bringing the car. Does insurance cover this kind of activity, I am thinking not. If there is damage, insurance won't be covering it, isn't?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 13:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Ok, my whole family is in. However, not decided on bringing the car. Does insurance cover this kind of activity, I am thinking not. If there is damage, insurance won't be covering it, isn't?
We have discussed this in the past. I am already in touch with an insurance company and have requested them to depute someone at the track so that they can issue a policy then and there which will cover damages. However this is not yet confirmed. I will get back as and when I have more info.
Old 10th February 2006, 14:30   #7
BHPian

some suggestions on improving the event would be much appreciated!
Old 10th February 2006, 14:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Off the top of my head, suggestions:

1. If it's possible, a board with everyone's best lap times, alongside the records for each class.

2. A detailed layout of the track, including distances, best line etc, in the pit lane.

3. Hiring out transponders in every session. If it's a question of cost, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay 50-100 bucks extra to continuously track their times.

4. Some more of those large car jacks. I know it's a bit much to have 20 guys changing tyres, so if we could get access to a jack, we could do it ourselves.

About insurance, doesn't insurance specify that the policy is not valid in case of organized motorsport competition? Theoretically, this is just driving around a private road. There is no competition.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 14:52   #9
BHPian

a session to ride shotgun with professional drivers, for people get a first hand experience of racing ...
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 15:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
a session to ride shotgun with professional drivers, for people get a first hand experience of racing ...
was available at last event. even mentioned in my posts and the notice board trackside.

will be available for next event also.
Old 10th February 2006, 15:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG
was available at last event. even mentioned in my posts and the notice board trackside.

will be available for next event also.
should we register for that too, if that's the case, its fine.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 15:09   #12
BHPian

Off the top of my head, suggestions:

1. If it's possible, a board with everyone's best lap times, alongside the records for each class. - plan was to put it up on the noticeboard but as everybody was in the pits, the printout was circulated in the pits itself. will ensure prinout of laptimes satys on the noticeboard next time.

2. A detailed layout of the track, including distances, best line etc, in the pit lane. - will try and have it prepared for the next track day.

3. Hiring out transponders in every session. If it's a question of cost, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay 50-100 bucks extra to continuously track their times. - as there aren't enough transponders, and each transponder costs Rs. 20,000/-, it will not be possible to allot 1 transponder to everybody. We will have to attach it on the vehicle just before the session.

4. Some more of those large car jacks. I know it's a bit much to have 20 guys changing tyres, so if we could get access to a jack, we could do it ourselves. - will try and organise this for the next track day.

About insurance, doesn't insurance specify that the policy is not valid in case of organized motorsport competition? Theoretically, this is just driving around a private road. There is no competition. - I guess it will be difficult to convince any surveyor that there was no competition. It would be better to take out special track insurance if available.
Old 10th February 2006, 15:14   #13
BHPian

I know for a fact that " High Risk Insurance " is available. I have insured my jeep which I took for the Hiamalayan Rally in October last year. Like I said I am still in discussions with the insurance company and will get back with an update.
Old 10th February 2006, 15:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Oops! I had no idea the transponders were that expensive!

Maybe we could look at booking them in advance, and making sure that no one gets it two sessions in a row...

But these are minor issues. If it's as good as last time, we're already loving it!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 15:20   #15
BHPian

Only three people have answered the poll. Whats happened to the rest ????