Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Choice of dates for the meet...
Saturday, 17th September 16 72.73%
Sunday, 18th September 6 27.27%
Saturday, 24th September 12 54.55%
Sunday, 25th September 9 40.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd August 2011, 09:48   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
keyur has been tempting me with invite to this trip. Satara is 516 kms from Hyderabad according to GMaps and upto Solapur it would be NH-9. From Solapur I will be going through Mohol and Pandarpur to reach Satara. Any idea how the road is between Solapur and Satara?

If this is the schedule then I need to reach Satara the previous night itself and then stay the meet night also at Satara. For me it would be 3 days and 2 nights trip. Am I right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Yeah, we will definitely decide the dates by tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
I haven't been to this trip before, so could someone please put up the plan for the day. I am asking this because there are a lot of people who seem to be planning on an overnight stay and I would like to know if the plan is for a single day or two.
Hi Ashishpallod / Keyur,

Can you guys please check my queries above and let me know about the route and no. of days required so that I can take a call?

Thanks in advance.
NoRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Just became a member of the t-bhp family. Would be very happy to join the meet.
Welcome, looking forward to meet you at kaas.

Quote:
Can you guys please check my queries above and let me know about the route and no. of days required so that I can take a call?
As you will come from hyd, you need at-least three days for the meet and travel.

Recently, someone from hyd traveled on solapur-pandharpur-satara route and quoted about good condition of the road.

I suggest, club kaas meet with mahabaleshwar or ganapatipule so that you can justify and enjoy this long travel.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:53   #63
BHPian

How i wished this was on 24th - the day for which I voted.

I am most likely out if we are going on 17th. I would though try to come alone on Thunderbird. Let's see if I am second time lucky with the meet.
advaitlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Let's see if I am second time lucky with the meet.
When i was typing the decision about the date of 17th sept, i was cursing myself knowing that you may not attend the meet for obvious reason.

Please try to come on 17th sept.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:28   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
keyur has been tempting me with invite to this trip. Satara is 516 kms from Hyderabad according to GMaps and upto Solapur it would be NH-9. From Solapur I will be going through Mohol and Pandarpur to reach Satara. Any idea how the road is between Solapur and Satara?
I have travelled many times via. Mohol>Pandarpur>Satara. Its SH road but, in decent condition except a short bad stretch or a pot hole here and there.

The Satara stretch would be mostly deviod of traffic and little lonely. Otherwise, should worry too much on road conditions on this stretch.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:51   #66
BHPian

I have posted on another thread, but didnt get much response. Hence posting this query again
I am planning for a trip to Kaas valley sometime next month. Not sure of the dates yet. Here is a brief plan
Day-1: drive from Bangalore to Satara. Halt for the night
Day-2 & 3: Sight seeing around satara
Day-4: drive back from Satara to Bangalore.
Can someone guide me with the plan for day-2 and 3. Here are the places that I know of around satara
(1) Kaas flower valley
(2) Bamnoli
(3) Tapola
(4) Thoseghar water falls
(5) Chalkewadi wind mill farm
(6) Mahabaleshwar (Planning to dedicate one whole day for this. Is it sufficient? If not what are the main places to visit?)
If my travel plans coincides with the t-bhp meet happening at kaas, then day-3 will be for the meet. What should I plan for day-2?

Thanks a lot in advance.
flycatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Day-1: drive from Bangalore to Satara. Halt for the night
Day-2 & 3: Sight seeing around satara
Day-4: drive back from Satara to Bangalore.
Can someone guide me with the plan for day-2 and 3. Here are the places that I know of around satara
(1) Kaas flower valley
(2) Bamnoli
(3) Tapola
(4) Thoseghar water falls
(5) Chalkewadi wind mill farm
(6) Mahabaleshwar (Planning to dedicate one whole day for this.
Thanks a lot in advance.
One day will be sufficient for point 1 to 3 and 5.
you can easily go to mahabaleshwar for two night halt.

DAY1: BANG-SATARA, satara halt
day2: point 1to 3 and 5 and drive to mahabaleshwar @ 40km, halt at mahaby
day3: mahaby
day4: check out mahaby, leave toward bangy at noon.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 23rd August 2011 at 11:55.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:49   #68
BHPian

Quote:
When i was typing the decision about the date of 17th sept, i was cursing myself knowing that you may not attend the meet for obvious reason.

Please try to come on 17th sept.
Hi Ashish, since the dates are now final, can we have the complete / tentative itinerary for the trip. What places are we visiting etc.

Also i was thinking of driving down in my bullet, would you recommend doind so and how is the weather around this time of the year, don't want rain to spoilsport.
PGNarain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:10   #69
BHPian

Quote:
One day will be sufficient for point 1 to 3 and 5.
you can easily go to mahabaleshwar for two night halt.

DAY1: BANG-SATARA, satara halt
day2: point 1to 3 and 5 and drive to mahabaleshwar @ 40km, halt at mahaby
day3: mahaby
day4: check out mahaby, leave toward bangy at noon.
Thanks for the suggestion. Is thoseghar falls difficult to fit in the plan? Typical day would start @6AM.
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Is thoseghar falls difficult to fit in the plan? Typical day would start @6AM.
My mistake, i thought point 4 is tapola.
You can cover sajjangad fort, thoseghar waterfall and chalkewadi in one go, return back to satara,
then kaas and bamnoli in one go.
Tapola is bit away, you have to reach there by boat from bamnoli which is time consuming.

Quote:
pgnarain:can we have the complete / tentative itinerary for the trip.
wait for some time, i will post it in coming week.
Though two wheeler will be awesome for this stretch, high chances are that rain may be spoiler.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 23rd August 2011 at 15:40.
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:46   #71
BHPian

Quote:
wait for some time, i will post it in coming week.
Though two wheeler will be awesome for this stretch, high chances are that rain may be spoiler.
Thanks Ashish, just that i am really excited about this trip after reading endlessly about Kaas.

Hopefully this time Kaas lake and Chalkewadi Wind Farms will be included again. L

Will keep in mind that rain maybe likely, i think as if now will just drive down in my Linea.
PGNarain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 08:02   #72
BHPian

@FlyCatcher: Considering what you want on your platter and counting the days here are 2 ways I can think of it. You can manupulate it as per your need ( depending on 'time you leave/time you wanna reach' to Bangy)

PLAN A:

Day 1:

1. sajjangad fort
2. thoseghar waterfall
3. chalkewadi
4. kaas
5. Leave For Mahableshwar

Day 2:

1. Go for Mahab Site seeing (if you have vacancy for 1 person in your car then hire a guide who will easily help you cover short tour/long tour by lunch time.)
2. Lunch / Rest
3. Visit the Mahab Market ( A must and not to be missed | Easily consumes 3-4 Hours)

Day 3:

1. Visit Tapola (1 hour drive from Mahab). You need to leave early morning (atleast 8 AM). The place is good either in morning or late afternoon.
2. You can hire a boat/motor scooter from there to visit "movie shooting point", "datta temple (as described in Laluks Kaas thread)" and can cover Bamnoli. All this can be done by Lunch time. There is a long boat tour as well which is for 10 hours, taking you to Koyana Reservoirs/Dam.
3. You can leave for Bangy by noon.

PLAN B:

Day 1:

Leave early morning (approx. 7 AM).
# Carry lunch with you as there were the places we covered last year and found no good place for lunch.

1. sajjangad fort
2. thoseghar waterfall
3. chalkewadi
4. kaas
5. Early Leave For Mahableshwar
6. Explore the Mahab Market place

Day 2:

1. Go for Mahab Site seeing (if you have vacancy for 1 person in your car then hire a guide who will easily help you cover short tour/long tour by lunch time.)
2. Lunch
3. Visit Tapola (1 hour drive from Mahab). You need to leave by lunch time (1PM-2PM). The place is good either in morning or late afternoon.
You can hire a boat/motor scooter from there to visit "movie shooting point", "datta temple (as described in Laluks Kaas thread)" and can cover Bamnoli. Tell the boat man the exact time by which you want to return and he will give you the best option available.

Day 3:

3. You can leave for Bangy by noon at your leisure.

My Tapola/Mahab Thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...i-kashmir.html (RD350 guy on 4wheels|From coast to valleys and to Mini Kashmir)

For stay @Satara, consider "Hotel Maharaja" it being on the route to Kaas/Thosegar/Chalkewadi/Fort. Food is awesome, service is Excellent

For a guide @Mahab, Suresh Shinde (9421116262). The guys brother-in-law has strawberry gardens. So if its season he can help you get fresh ones right from farm.

For stay you can choose MTDC as best or some good hotels in market place.

@Ashish Bhau, your inputs on this please if you find something hypothetical.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 17:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
@FlyCatcher: Considering what you want on your platter and counting the days here are 2 ways I can think of it. You can manupulate it as per your need ( depending on 'time you leave/time you wanna reach' to Bangy)
For stay you can choose MTDC as best or some good hotels in market place.

@Ashish Bhau, your inputs on this please if you find something hypothetical.
That's a comprehensive plan that you have given here! Thanks a lot .Plan -B sounds good.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Have been following this closely, been tempted too much, but quite a few restrictions in joining the meet and having to hold the decision till last.

However, it may be possible for me to do this trip in the weekend of 3-4 Sep with night stop at Pune.

Guys, if you can chip in information for me:

1. Is it advisable to visit there in this weekend of 3-4 Sep as I had heard and read on our threads here on TBHP that it is blooming mostly during 3rd/4th week of Sep till mid of Oct?

2. Is the road condition good enough? Not too many potholes, and rather hopefully no craters?

Otherwise, I will have to entirely skip it this time and will have to make sure to join TBHP meet next year...a whole year of wait, what a pain it would be.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 08:11   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
1. Is it advisable to visit there in this weekend of 3-4 Sep as I had heard and read on our threads here on TBHP that it is blooming mostly during 3rd/4th week of Sep till mid of Oct?

2. Is the road condition good enough? Not too many potholes, and rather hopefully no craters?

Otherwise, I will have to entirely skip it this time and will have to make sure to join TBHP meet next year...a whole year of wait, what a pain it would be.
1. It is always better to visit rather than wait for an year. You will be able to catch Thosegar fall in swing, vast greenery from top of Fort and Chalkewadi full on with breeze, Bamnoli again with vast greenery and water body. You may catch start of season @ Kaas.

2. Mumbai - Pune - Satara are as smooth as MJ's moonwalk. Rest of the routes from Satara was pretty much OK considering last year. You visiting prior to TBHP meet may help us know the conditions though .
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote