Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th October 2011, 14:47   #1
BHPian

Default SpaItalia 2012

details just being released now for what is one of Europes top italian car weekends:

Spa Italia 2012 - In Spring!!!!!

SpaItalia in Spring

Different from former years, the next edition of SpaItalia will be held in Spring. Our next meeting will indeed take place on April 28 and 29, 2012. We are convinced that numerous beautiful Italian cars, barely awakened from their hibernation, will be present to show of on the most beautiful circuit in the world.

Homage to Lancia

In 2006, SpaItalia celebrated the centenary of the brand ‘with the lance’, which shared the main theme with Abarth. In 2012, Lancia will be the sole to have the honour to promote the image of this international event. It will put two models that are essential in the brand’s history in the limelight : the Lancia Hyena which blows out 20 candles and the Lancia Flavia Coupé (tipo 815) aged half a century.

All Italian brands, all models, of all ages.

SpaItalia is first of all a festivity for Italian cars. Whether you own the latest Ferrari 458 spider, or a Fiat 500 from 1960, SpaItalia is the Event you cannot miss. All profiles are welcome : from an ordinary spectator to those who want to use the bitumen of the Spa Francorchamps circuit. And, as usual, all activities can be booked in advance or on the spot.

We will of course inform you regularly of other news through our messages and on our website : SpaItalia. But in the mean time, please do not forget to inscribe the weekend of 28 and 29 April in your agenda for the largest European gathering of tifosi from all brands !

thousands of cars, huge club and display areas, all set on the historic and impossibly pretty F1 circuit of Spa francorchamps. not forgetting the chance to drive the circuit itself!

I should be there with a bunch of friends from Torque Italia, part of our plan is to combine this weekend with a hop over the border to the sleepy German town of Adenau, because when the Nurburgring is only 2 hours away, it would be silly not to!

so, if you happen to be in the area that week, pop round, i'm sure passenger rides on both circuits and general silliness will be in good supply!

more details on costs etc will follow as and when they are released.
Attached Images

jai-uno-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 03:58   #2
BHPian

Default Re: SpaItalia 2012

I've literally just arrived home, unpacked, settled down with the laptop and a coffee on the sofa, and begun the overnight process of decompressing from a massive week on the continent.

In the fullness of time, maybe a week or so, i will post up a better report and more pictures, videos, etc. But for now, i leave you with a couple to that pretty much summed up a cracking week away with good friends:

SpaItalia 2012-bhp.jpg
blasting through Eau Rouge on the Spa Francorchamps Circuit, during the Spaitalia weekend, with friends chasing the Tipo through. For the first time, was "brave" enough to hold the line full throttle all the way through, ok it's only 80-90mph, but fior me was a lot to commit to!

SpaItalia 2012-full-commitmet.jpg
Running the Caracciola Karussell, this run in particular, on an epic day at the ring that was hot and at times very crowded. The run didn't seem that quick, but the track was almost empty, long clear stretches to really get the car down the lines, could move her about from one apex to the next, the flow seemed "just right", so much so that it didn't really feel that fast. But the approach to the corner, uphill of a fast right hander really did feel like was being catapulted in, and as the front tyre and splitter will testify, was a belter!
Old 9th May 2012, 14:44   #3
BHPian

Default Re: SpaItalia 2012

some video action to keep you going, still sorting through the photos, and returning to normality, funny how it's easier to dive into Brunchen at full tilt than to get an 11 month old girl to eat her breakfast, life is funny

and for those who still don't believe you can take anything out onto the ring?

ten minutes later, i rounded a corner about halfway round the track, and nearly had a heart attack as the coaches huge bottom filled my windscreen
Old 10th May 2012, 19:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: SpaItalia 2012

Thanks for sharing the action pics and videos, jai-uno-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai-uno-t View Post
...funny how it's easier to dive into Brunchen at full tilt than to get an 11 month old girl to eat her breakfast, life is funny
I can understand, from experience, the difficulty of doing the highlighted part of the above statement .

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 10th May 2012 at 19:40.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote