Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Destination for Sep 16th Drive Meet
Nagarjunsagar Dam (150kms from Hyderabad) 8 42.11%
Bidar Fort/Gurudwara (125kms from Hyderabad) 8 42.11%
Nizambad ( 170kms from Hyderabad) 13 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13th September 2012, 22:28   #871
BHPian

Default re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012

My friend is also joining me. Unfortunately that leaves just the rear side facing seats in the Thar. I think they will be uncomfortable so can someone pick up CtrlAltDel and Farukh?

What : September 2012 Drive Meet

When : Sunday, Sep 16th, 2012

Destination : NoRules' Cousin's Farm near Nizamabad (the farm is adjacent to Madanapalle village, around 10 kms after Nizamabad. If it does not rain, we do not have to go via Nizamabad town and we continue on NH44/NH7 around 6-7 kms after Dichpally towards Armoor from where we take a left onto a kachcha road which leads to the farm. However, if it rains heavily, the last 1/2 km of the kachcha road becomes slushy and then in such case, we have to cross Nizamabad and enter from Manikbhandar side to get to the farm. Note that there is no farm house, just a farm where we will pitch a tent)

Lunch (Food) : Famous Ankapoor Desi Chicken, Naatu Kodi Curry, Mutton, Fish, Boti / Liver kind of snacks, Bagara Rice, other T delicacies, and if we are lucky, then fresh Tiger Prawns as well, among many other dishes.

Assembly Point :
A) In front of Pakwaan Restaurant just before Tadbund Junction opposite Bar One : 07:45am sharp
B) Just after Suchitra Junction opposite M&M & VW Workshops : 08:15am sharp
C) Toopran Toll Booth (just after crossing & paying the toll) : 09:00am sharp
Assembly Point Locations on Map : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...h&mra=mru&z=13
D) Junction of NH44 & Nizamabad Road (after railway level crossing & below flyover) at Dichpally : 11:00am sharp

Confirmed Names (Vehicle) [Joining At]:
01. Mobike008 (Cruze) [A]
02. Octane78 (Scorpio) [b]
03. NeilGuy (Fiesta S) [A]
04. NoRules (riding with Mobike008) [A]
05. CtrAltDel (riding with AsishY) [A]
06. ArcotSrinivas (Beat) [C]
07. Hyd_Traveller (Manza) [A]
08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
09. Jayded (Riding with A4Anurag) [A]
10. G_AmbyMad (?) [A]
11. Farukh (riding with AsishY) [A]
12. SrikanthPotluri (Punto) [?]
13. Vnabhi (riding with Hyd_Traveller) [A]
14. Ravveendrra (Laura) [A]
15. Suren181 (Verna) [A/B]
16. AshishY +1 (Thar) [A]
17. Srimath (Wagon R) [A]

Total Headcount : 18
Total Cars : 12

P.S.1 : Come on guys, lets make it a great drive-cum-telangana lunch meet. Add your names ASAP.

P.S. 2 : Anyone who is tentative from above confirmed list and wishes to drop off should do it latest by Thursday EOD. After that everyone is automatically assumed to turn up for the meet. Reason we need the correct headcount for lunch planning.

All those interested to join, please add your name and repost.
Old 14th September 2012, 00:19   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
My friend is also joining me. Unfortunately that leaves just the rear side facing seats in the Thar. I think they will be uncomfortable so can someone pick up CtrlAltDel and Farukh?
no worries....in case you are starting from Hitech City-Madhapur area, can u pick me up and drop me off at begumpet or wherever NoRules would be waiting for Mobike008?
let me know if you can coz I will make suitable arrangements (ie hunt for a rick) in case you dont start from here.

Anyone else starting from hitech city-kondapur side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by farukh
I stay near Alwal
you need not come to Paradise. I think the Medchal Highway via Loyola road would be nearer for you. you can meet us there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destination : NoRules' Cousin's Farm near Nizamabad (the farm is adjacent to Madanapalle village, around 10 kms after Nizamabad. If it does not rain, we do not have to go via Nizamabad town and we continue on NH44/NH7 around 6-7 kms after Dichpally towards Armoor from where we take a left onto a kachcha road which leads to the farm. However, if it rains heavily, the last 1/2 km of the kachcha road becomes slushy and then in such case, we have to cross Nizamabad and enter from Manikbhandar side to get to the farm. Note that there is no farm house, just a farm where we will pitch a tent)

Lunch (Food) : Famous Ankapoor Desi Chicken, Naatu Kodi Curry, Mutton, Fish, Boti / Liver kind of snacks, Bagara Rice, other T delicacies, and if we are lucky, then fresh Tiger Prawns as well, among many other dishes.

Assembly Point :
A) In front of Pakwaan Restaurant just before Tadbund Junction opposite Bar One : 07:45am sharp
Assembly Point Locations on Map : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...h&mra=mru&z=13
D) Junction of NH44 & Nizamabad Road (after railway level crossing & below flyover) at Dichpally : 11:00am sharp

05. CtrAltDel (riding with NoRules/Mobike008 or any ride that catches my fancy ) [A]
08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
10. G_AmbyMad (?) [A]
11. Farukh (riding with AsishY) [A]
12. SrikanthPotluri (Punto) [?]

Total Headcount : 18

P.S.1 : Come on guys, lets make it a great drive-cum-telangana lunch meet. Add your names ASAP.

P.S. 2 : Anyone who is tentative from above confirmed list and wishes to drop off should do it latest by Thursday EOD. After that everyone is automatically assumed to turn up for the meet. Reason we need the correct headcount for lunch planning.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 14th September 2012 at 00:22.
Old 14th September 2012, 08:52   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
no worries....in case you are starting from Hitech City-Madhapur area, can u pick me up and drop me off at begumpet or wherever NoRules would be waiting for Mobike008?
Anyone else starting from hitech city-kondapur side?
CtrlAltDel, you can tag along with "ArcotSrinivas" ex Hafeezpet Junction or any other mutually convenient point in case "AshishY" is starting from Mehdipatnam. Be in touch with both of them offline and exchange numbers and coordinate. You could also ride with your neighbour, MotoringLover, who though has not yet confirmed but is 99% joining and for whom NoRules is making special veggie arrangment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
you need not come to Paradise. I think the Medchal Highway via Loyola road would be nearer for you. you can meet us there.
Farukh, you can PM "Octane78" and coordinate with him and exchange numbers so as to meet him at Alwal or Bolarum or Trimulgherry or any other mutually convenient point and then ride with him.

Assembly Point :

05. CtrAltDel (riding with AsishY/ArcotSrinivas) [A/C]
08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
10. G_AmbyMad (?) [A]
11. Farukh (riding with Octane78) [b]
12. SrikanthPotluri +1 (Punto) [?]

Total Headcount : 19

Old 14th September 2012, 09:32   #874
BHPian

Am in

Assembly Point :

08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
10. G_AmbyMad (Baleno) [b]
Old 14th September 2012, 09:37   #875
BHPian

I do not have the privilege of PMing yet. Can somebody PM me the contact number of Octane78? Or may be pass on my number to him - 9966201684
Old 14th September 2012, 10:10   #876
BHPian

Would it be possible to bring a friend along who's moved to Hyd recently and would like to go on a drive like this just to explore and use his talented photography skills? Adding +1 to my name for now and if not possible will remove it. Do let me know quickly though so that I can tell him. He's not a BHPian.

Assembly Point :

08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
10. G_AmbyMad (Baleno) + 1 [b]

Total Headcount : 20
Old 14th September 2012, 10:29   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad
Would it be possible to bring a friend along
Corz it is possible. I think Ashish and Srikant are also getting a +1 each! I only hope its not too late for NoRules to update the headcount.

From today onwards all of you please try to clear it up with NoRules first before adding a +1 or more. Food quantity may become an issue later.

Btw 20 is a great headcount for a drive meet! Looking fwd to it now!
------------------------------

Assembly Point :

02. Octane78 (Scorpio)
08. A4Anurag (Ritz)
10. G_AmbyMad (Baleno) + 1
11. Farukh (riding with Octane78)

Total Headcount : 20
Old 14th September 2012, 11:21   #878
Team-BHP Support

I am glad to see things heating up a bit.

Gautam, how can you ask such questions? Dint you here of the adage " More the Merrier". Besides, knowing he is into photography can we request him to be the official photographer of the meet?

Norules, I will be coming directly to Pakwaan meeting point. Will you join someone else till there and hop into my ride later on?

IMPORTANT POINTS :-

a) Everyone please carry your cameras and keep clicking pictures. Offlate we are so busy enjoying the lunch we forget to click pics

b) This time i would like some of the passengers to shoot video while we are driving on the highway. Anyone who has a good video camera/phonecamera or P&S video camera would also do. We can also plan a nice slow formation driving especially for the video.

I am dying to see WA in slow motion

c) Most importantly, we need to stick to timings at all times this time because its a LONG drive. So everyone please fill up gas, check air pressure etc the previous night. All timings listed below are departure timings so please arrive atleast 10 minutes in advance.

d) We should reach the farm-house latest by 11:30am and request everyone to wrap up latest by 3:30pm and start the drive back to city (even if sometimes the mood is to stay back further)

e) This time we need to line up the rides and group pictures.

f) Expect a line up of telangana delicacies menu that' in the works and some of you may have a surprise in store if you enjoy your food like some of us do. Hence, skip previous night dinner...lol

g) Somone please highlight the toll charges (roundtrip). And,everyone please carry exact change for convenience.

h) Everyone please carry cash and preferably with change (For paying up your lunch share)

h) Finally, PLEASE DO NOT DROP OUT in the last moment

I may also have a old friend joining me. Will confirm by tomorrow.

Excluding Ravvs from the list as we know he will most definetly cannot make it due to some unavoidable reasons

Assembly Point :

08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
10. G_AmbyMad+1 (Baleno) [A]
14. Suren181 (Verna) [A/B]
15. AshishY +1 (Thar) [A]
16. Srimath (Wagon R) [A]

Total Cars : 11
Old 14th September 2012, 11:55   #879
BHPian

Mobile/No Rules - Sorry guys, i was traveling last two days, could log in only today, my friend and i dropping, i just realized its my wedding anniversary and my wifey is going to kill me to escape.

I will miss you guys this time and the awesome menu

Assembly Point :

08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
12. Vnabhi (riding with Hyd_Traveller) [A]
13. Suren181 (Verna) [A/B]
14. AshishY +1 (Thar) [A]
15. Srimath (Wagon R) [A]

Total Headcount : 17
Total Cars : 10
Old 14th September 2012, 13:53   #880

After a long time I finally get to meet the fellow BHPians again!
I am in and bringing a friend along.
__________________________________________________ _____

Assembly Point :
Assembly Point Locations on Map : [COLOR=#ffffff]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...h&mra=mru&z=13[/COLOR]

08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [b]
13. Suren181 (Verna) [A/B]
14. AshishY +1 (Thar) [A]
16. A.Bhatt + 1 (Dzire) [A]

Old 14th September 2012, 14:00   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hi NoRules,
Two small questions :
1) What is the return toll (two-way / both-way or what ever it is called) that I will need to pay at Toopran? I wish to carry the exact amount to pay it to avoid queues there.
2) Is this the only toll? If not, details please.
There is only one toll booth near toopran. The next one on this road is before Nirmal, much beyond where we take a turn off the highway. One way toll is Rs.100/- Never paid two way so do not remember how much it is. But do not worry, they always keep change ready.
Old 14th September 2012, 18:35   #882
Team-BHP Support

We may have a couple of more guys joining us.

A friend of mine is interested to join is almost 90% sure of coming but, will confirm for sure by tomorrow

Another non-tbhpian contacted me through a unique source and is interested to join and will also confirm either today or tomorrow morning
Old 15th September 2012, 10:37   #883
BHPian

I have revised the assembly points on the map by shifting the assembly point C from Kompally to Medchal to suit ArcotSrinivas.

I have also tweaked and revised the timings to make them more practical and achievable.

The departure times now mentioned against each assembly point are actual departure times and all the attendees need to arrive earlier than these timings so as not to delay the rest of us.

Mobike008 has offline clearly told me that if I myself do not make it on time, he will leave me behind and it is up to me to chase and catch up with the rest of you. Considering that I am not good at chasing, I will be there on time.

Those planning to get late and catch up, do not forget that none of us know the way to the farm except NoRules who will be waiting for us at Dichpally. It is in the interest of your own self to be on time and with the rest of us.

Due to advancement of timings ordered by Mobike008, my breakfast plans of eating at Iyer on Dharam Karan Road along with NeilGuy and Vnabhi stands cancelled as that outlet opens only at 8:15am. Guess, I need to eat at home and then start. My partners in food may please note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
IMPORTANT POINTS :-

a) Everyone please carry your cameras and keep clicking pictures. Offlate we are so busy enjoying the lunch we forget to click pics.

b) This time i would like some of the passengers to shoot video while we are driving on the highway. Anyone who has a good video camera / phone camera or P&S video camera would also do. We can also plan a nice slow formation driving especially for the video.

c) Most importantly, we need to stick to timings at all times this time because its a LONG drive. So everyone please fill up gas, check air pressure etc the previous night. All timings listed below are departure timings so please arrive at least 10 minutes in advance.

d) We should reach the farm-house latest by 11:30am and request everyone to wrap up latest by 3:30pm and start the drive back to city (even if sometimes the mood is to stay back further).

e) This time we need to line up the rides and group pictures.

f) Expect a line up of Telangana delicacies menu that' in the works and some of you may have a surprise in store if you enjoy your food like some of us do. Hence, skip previous night dinner...lol.

g) Someone please highlight the toll charges (round trip). And,everyone please carry exact change for convenience.

h) Everyone please carry cash and preferably with change (For paying up your lunch share).

h) Finally, PLEASE DO NOT DROP OUT in the last moment.

Departure Time from Assembly Point :
B) Just after Suchitra Junction opposite M&M & VW Workshops : 07:55am sharp
C) Medchal Check Post Junction : 08:20am sharp
D) Toopran Toll Booth (just after crossing & paying the toll) : 08:50am sharp
Assembly Point Locations on Map :
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...p=3&sz=19&z=12
E) Junction of NH44/NH7 & Nizamabad Road (after railway level crossing & below flyover) at Dichpally : 11:00am sharp

02. Octane78 (Scorpio) [ B ]
04. NoRules (riding with Mobike008) [E]
08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [ B ]
09. Jayded (Riding with NeilGuy) [A]
10. G_AmbyMad + 1 (Baleno) [A]
11. Farukh (riding with Octane78) [ B ]
13. Suren181 (Verna) [A/B/C]
14. AshishY + 1 (Thar) [A]
16. A.Bhatt + 1 (Dzire) [A]

21 hours to go ...
Old 15th September 2012, 13:23   #884
BHPian

Hi folks,

Due to some personal emergency I am going to Nizamabad today itself. Will meet you all at Dichpally tomorrow morning.

Avi / Bajaj saab, I will be in touch with you folks and be there by the time you guys reach Dichpally. See ya all tomorrow.

Drive safe.
Old 15th September 2012, 15:09   #885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Avi / Bajaj saab, I will be in touch with you folks and be there by the time you guys reach Dichpally. See ya all tomorrow.
Sure Ravi. Take care of the emergency as that's top priority.

Quote:
Mobike008 has offline clearly told me that if I myself do not make it on time, he will leave me behind and it is up to me to chase and catch up with the rest of you. Considering that I am not good at chasing, I will be there on time.
LOL....Since its a long drive. Let's us all please stay right dot on time.

Quote:
Due to advancement of timings ordered by Mobike008, my breakfast plans of eating at Iyer on Dharam Karan Road along with NeilGuy and Vnabhi stands cancelled as that outlet opens only at 8:15am.
How dare I order you Bajaj Saab. It was a humble request

Btw, I think i am doing a favor by making you skip the Iyer breakfast

Updates Below

My friend is joining up and also a non-tbhpian.

Amby_mad has dropped out.

Departure Time from Assembly Point :
B) Just after Suchitra Junction opposite M&M & VW Workshops : 07:55am sharp
C) Medchal Check Post Junction : 08:20am sharp
D) Toopran Toll Booth (just after crossing & paying the toll) : 08:50am sharp
Assembly Point Locations on Map :
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...p=3&sz=19&z=12
E) Junction of NH44/NH7 & Nizamabad Road (after railway level crossing & below flyover) at Dichpally : 11:00am sharp

01. Mobike008 + 1 (Cruze) [A]
02. Octane78 (Scorpio) [ B ]
04. NoRules (riding with Mobike008) [E]
08. A4Anurag (Ritz) [ B ]
09. Jayded (Riding with NeilGuy) [A]
10. Farukh (riding with Octane78) [ B ]
11. Vnabhi (riding with Hyd_Traveller) [A]