Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th January 2012, 15:14   #241
BHPian

Default re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Its not far by any means considering its just 82 kms from the dahisar toll naka (just checked). It will be done in no time at all.
I said we will proceed ahead since many members here want to spend more time over lunch than the drive itself.
We, on the contrary are driving 95% of the time on our meets. Lunch is just a quick halt. No unnecessary chit-chatting.
If you guys are coming along till charoti....great !
I m in for the drive. but I doubt if my decade old Hyundai accent will be able to keep up with your beasts. Will come along anyway just for the drive and catch up with you where ever you guys plan to stop. ~120 Kms (im coming from Navi mumbai) is very easily doable in about than 2 hrs barring traffic

El Lobo: Guess we can have our mini Navi Mumbai convoy again . Lets fix the start point for us as well as where we meet the others.
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 15:17   #242
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
So as a solution that works for both sets of people i suggest that we go out for a drive earlier in the morning and then return back by say 12-1230 to meet up with the rest of the team on the outskirts either at Preetam Dhaba or at Oye Punjab as per the results of the poll and chill there till whenever whoever likes.

As far as the route/destination for the drive is concerned we could choose between NH8 or NH3 (leaving out Karnala for the moment since it is in the opposite direction as compared to NH 8 & 3)
Sir your solution seems to the best for the parties.

Drive: Mumbai to Charoti.
Bhpians who all want to go for a drive in the morning can join in to Charoti and return back in the afternoon and have the lunch at Pritams dhaba.

Lunch: @Pritam's Dhaba Dahisar.
Bhpians who would like join in for lunch but not go for a long drive till Charoti.

Those who all go for the drive till Charoti can join in the lunch in the afternoon at the dhaba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Its not far by any means considering its just 82 kms from the dahisar toll naka (just checked). It will be done in no time at all.
If you guys are coming along till charoti....great !
Bandra cant be a central meeting point since some members might come from suburbs beyond bandra while the rest from central/eastern Mumbai will come via Ghodbunder.
I guess Dahisar toll naka or the point where Ghodbunder meets NH 8 will have to be an ideal meeting point if at all.
Platzda people going for a drive till Charoti can meet up at the Hotel Fountain or slightly ahead at Havelli. It would be easy bhpians coming from Mira-Bhy and from Ghodbunder road side. Central point for going towards NH8.
In the morning go for a drive and in the afternoon return back and join the lunch at Pritam Dhaba.

If we go by poll this would be never ending decision with multiple probabilities.

I'm taking up some liberty here. Please excuse me. Putting up two list through which people who want to go for the drive and who all only want to join in for the lunch. If a bhpians wants to attend both please put your name into both the list.

List of Attendees: 15 Jan 2012

Drive: Mumbai to Charoti.
El Lobo 6061

Lunch: Pritams Dhaba
El Lobo 6061

Please bhpians put your name for the confirmation, so necessary decision could be taken in time.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 16:00   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
I m in for the drive. but I doubt if my decade old Hyundai accent will be able to keep up with your beasts. Will come along anyway just for the drive and catch up with you where ever you guys plan to stop. ~120 Kms (im coming from Navi mumbai) is very easily doable in about than 2 hrs barring traffic

El Lobo: Guess we can have our mini Navi Mumbai convoy again . Lets fix the start point for us as well as where we meet the others.
This time we shall surely have a NM mini-convoy. You can ask Icecube with his Polo and I will ask Shekhar to bring in his Lancer and we shall have 4 cars to have our own convoy. We all can meet up at Moraj Residency Circle like the previous time we had all decided and than progress further either on NH8 or NH3(which ever wins the poll).

Let wait and watch the outcome of this poll, but a long drive is a must.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 16:46   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
....progress further either on NH8 or NH3(which ever wins the poll).

Let wait and watch the outcome of this poll, but a long drive is a must.
Yeah lets wait for the results of the poll and then decide the destination.

But the main formats for the meet stays the same - Drive followed by Lunch
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:17   #245
BHPian

My first preference is NH3, so voted for it. Would have loved to go to Aamby Valley, but I guess it's voted out.
Regards
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:29   #246
Senior - BHPian

I think its high time the Big boys take over this thread.
After the success of our Team-Bhp Photoshoot at BKC brought to you by KSM-Vtec and Me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ct-mumbai.html (2011 BKC photoshoot/meet 16th oct. Mumbai)

We have decided with our Civic group(Civilianzzz) and the Biker group (SPEED INC) and some of the members who had come for the BKC meet and also some of our KALTI.COM to go to oi punjab thats the igatpuri Highway.

So If you'll would like to join us all of you'll are most welcome to join. As having poll and all that jazz will not help us in getting newhere.

We done ambey valley and the expressway alot of times. The Highyway towards Manor isnt that great. So we've decided oi Punjab.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:48   #247
BHPian

Guys, am dropping out.

Must say that I am highly dissapointed with the way this thread shaped up. Whats with all the German, Jap, Civic, Biker etc goups within the forum?
So I guess until I form a Mahindra or an Indian group and give a "my highway or no way" kind of ultimatum, I havent arrived
Kakori House last year was a good meet and I was really looking forward to this one but there's no Mahindra group as yet so maybe next time...

Have a good drive guys (whichever highway each group takes).
nix1976in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 19:34   #248
BHPian

Oye Punjab it is for me and family!
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 19:47   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Guys, am dropping out.

Must say that I am highly dissapointed with the way this thread shaped up. Whats with all the German, Jap, Civic, Biker etc goups within the forum?
So I guess until I form a Mahindra or an Indian group and give a "my highway or no way" kind of ultimatum, I havent arrived
Kakori House last year was a good meet and I was really looking forward to this one but there's no Mahindra group as yet so maybe next time...

Have a good drive guys (whichever highway each group takes).
+10.

I will have to form a Italian or Jap group now.

This thread was started with an intention of having a mega meet. There were like 25-30 members all going for a drive, then lunch & then photoshoot. It was a collective decision.

Now within this group, small sub groups are forming and all are going their own way. German group going to NH8, civic group going to NH3... whats happening? What is the point of this thread or this meet then? What is the purpose of the poll when the German group & Civic group is anyways going their way? why have they voted?

Guys, is there anybody who is okay with the poll decision & ready to join us, irrespective of which car/brand you own, of which group you belong to or which route is declared as the winner in the poll?

Voted for all the 3 places as I am okay with anything. I will go with the "Team-BHP" group as this is a "Team-BHP" meet.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 11th January 2012 at 19:58.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 19:52   #250
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
After the success of our Team-Bhp Photoshoot at BKC brought to you by KSM-Vtec and Me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ct-mumbai.html (2011 BKC photoshoot/meet 16th oct. Mumbai)

We have decided with our Civic group(Civilianzzz) and the Biker group (SPEED INC) and some of the members who had come for the BKC meet and also some of our KALTI.COM to go to oi punjab thats the igatpuri Highway.

So If you'll would like to join us all of you'll are most welcome to join. As having poll and all that jazz will not help us in getting newhere.

We done ambey valley and the expressway alot of times. The Highyway towards Manor isnt that great. So we've decided oi Punjab.
Dan mah Man! Why did you wait till 17 pages? Or else we all would have been heading to same joint!
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 19:53   #251
BHPian

Guys,
I have voted for NH3 Oye Punjabi. Been there before on TBHP meet. The place gives good opportunity for a meet, good parking, good drive too. I remember meeting Sprucegoose and SuperSelect there for the first time.
Looking forwards to meet all you guys, old and new.
Cheers and Drive safe.
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 19:53   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Oye Punjab it is for me and family!
Yes sir ji even for myself and my family Oye Punjab is first in line .
Food is good and they provide you place for you ONLY. w/o disturbance.
BALLE BALLE.......
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 21:30   #253
Senior - BHPian

Hey look guys for 17 pages its been lets go here lets go there lets go everywhere. This way we wont decide on anything and due date will pass by.

When i mean groups these are all TEAM_BHP members. There arent different groups on the forum as such. WE ARE ALL ONE. Group i ment as in BLACKBERRY groups. Although being members of BHP they dont visit the site to often due to various reasons. So this was just to COORDINATE things between EVERYONE.

Everyone is most welcome to come. Come in a tuktuk or an AVENTADOR(Kunal you better get it for the meet) We are here for the pure pleasure of DRIVING.

So if you will LETS DECIDE on a place and time we can meet on sunday morning.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:43   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Dan and a big boy hmmm...one meet with a few cars and you make yourself sound like a boss. In that case numerous vintage,classic car and modern car meets under my belt but i dont bring everything onto the forum and say please do as i say cause i have done so and so.

Please why dont you be more clear that since the bikers are heading to igatpuri for a ride and you'll are going to be tailing them, hence you want to have everyone come there so that you dont have to go out of your way if a meet is finalised elsewhere.

Dan we are here to work as a group and not create groups and make someone feel left out. I am sorry if i sound rude but reading your post just gives me the feeling of its my way or the highway.

I think it is the sole preferance of an individual and not influenced by someone to make a decission as per their convinience.

The German car boys have stated their preference but are still awaiting poll decision and everyone to make a call. We have not gone saying this is what you need to do, rather we say lets do things together that suits everyone.

Sorry to be off topic but i just felt by throwing in group names and trying to show a broader picture then what really is, other members get influenced and a very wrong picture of groupism is painted under this forum.

Last edited by speedy : 11th January 2012 at 22:02.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 22:01   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Dan and a big boy hmmm...one meet with a few cars and you make yourself sound like a boss. In that case numerous vintage,classic car meets and modern car meets under my belt but i dont bring everything onto the forum and say please do as i say cause i have done so and so.

Please why dont you be more clear that since the bikers are heading to igatpuri for a ride and you'll are going to be tailing them, hence you want to have everyone come there so that you dont have to go out of your way if a meet is finalised elsewhere.

Dan we are here to work as a group and not create groups and make someone feel left out. I am sorry if i sound rude but reading your post just gives me the feeling of its my way or the highway.

I think it is the sole preferance of an individual and not influenced by someone to make a decission as per their convinience.

The German car boys have stated their preference but are still awaiting poll decision and everyone to make a call. We have not gone saying this is what you need to do, rather we say lets do things together that suits everyone.

Sorry to be off topic but i just felt by throwing in group names and trying to show a broader picture then what really is other members get influenced and a very wrong picture of groupism is painted.
Very good Abhi.

Now if you would like to join us. It would be good.

I think a good time to move out would be 7am. What say people?