Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 10:04   #271
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

You are right, but now that we have already decided to go for a poll...lets wait for the results. (this will be in favor of the majority at least...without a poll no one would have ever had a choice anyways)

SO GUYS VOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

But as far as location of the TBHP Mumbai meet is concerned we should let only 2 / 3 members to take the lead & decided it.

Also I feel division of team in two groups i.e. one for long drive & other for long meeting will ideally not be a good option.
Not sure if you have missed out a few posts..

We are planning to go for a BOTH morning drive followed by lunch. (only destination will be decided by the Poll)

This will help us comfortably satisfy everyone. Some people who may not be able to attend both but i am sure will make it for either the drive or the lunch.

Both Lunch places have been chosen close to the city such that people intending to attend only the lunch can also make it without having to travel much.

I don't think there can be a better solution at this stage.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12th January 2012, 10:11   #272
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
You are right, but now that we have already decided to go for a poll...lets wait for the results. (this will be in favor of the majority at least...without a poll no one would have ever had a choice anyways)
Hello KSM-Vtec,

Yes. I accept your point of view too. Without good drive the meet will be just a another meet our lunch. I also agree that meet at Pritam Dhaba at NH8 (which is just a couple of Kms from Dahisar Toll Naka) would mean almost no good drive but just cutting through city traffic.

Anyways, let us wait for the final poll results & prepare for the meet.

Thanks,

Jignesh.
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:17   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello KSM-Vtec,

Yes. I accept your point of view too. Without good drive the meet will be just a another meet our lunch. I also agree that meet at Pritam Dhaba at NH8 (which is just a couple of Kms from Dahisar Toll Naka) would mean almost no good drive but just cutting through city traffic.

Anyways, let us wait for the final poll results & prepare for the meet.

Thanks,

Jignesh.

Well if the NH8 option wins the vote..then we can surly drive up to some point further and then come back to the dhaba for meeting the others and lunch...

But i would prefer the NH3 option over the NH8 because the roads there are much better....Its not just about the "DRIVE"....its how good/exciting the drive is. (its sure to be much better on NH3 with a one way ghat, fresh tarmac and long straights which will help us push the cars more. NH3 -Incidentally tested by the Aventador yesterday)
Old 12th January 2012, 10:24   #274
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going OT MODS, but please allow me to.

I spoke to a friend of mine & came to know that some members are offended because of my post # 249. Since I dont know each one of them personally, I would like to clear my stand on the open forum itself -

1) First of all, I dint mean to offend or defame any member or any group as such.
2) I also dont mean that anybody is purposely starting groupism in here.
3) I dont expect that all members should favour the poll results & head there, irrespective of their preference or choice.

Instead, what I meant to convey is that if there are two groups - say A & B, and A is heading north & B is heading south, then think about the remaining unfortunate members like me. I either have the option to head north & be with some members or head south & be with the remaining. What I wished for is that all of us should meet in one place & turn this into a MEGA meet. That way, we can have more cars, meet more members & have more fun.

Its okay if anybody does not agree to me & chooses to go their own way, totally their wish. So friends, again repating - no offence meant.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:52   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Had been to Nasik a fortnight back. The road conditions are good in my view. Although, just before Nasik, there are a lot of places were it is single lane. Also can someone please tell me the exact location of Oi Punjab?

Regards
Varun
The location of Oye Punjabi is as in the attachment below

Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-untitled.jpg
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:53   #276
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: A small note for everybody here. For Preetam Dhaba, NH8, member cartman's name is showing twice. It is a bug which will be rectified soon.

So please count Preetam Dhaba, NH8 vote count as 19 and not 20 as of now.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 11:17   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Incidentally tested by the Aventador yesterday)
Stop teasing us with the Aventador like the last time in the BKC meet. Ask Kunal if he could bring it instead of his bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Mods note: A small note for everybody here. For Preetam Dhaba, NH8, member cartman's name is showing twice. It is a bug which will be rectified soon.
There is another bug in the poll. Just make the total of percentage, it goes above 100% which shouldn't be. The reason for this is the system is calculating the percentage from the total no of voters and not by the total number of cumulative votes to all the three options.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 11:18   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Sorry for going OT MODS, but please allow me to.

I spoke to a friend of mine & came to know that some members are offended because of my post # 249. Since I dont know each one of them personally, I would like to clear my stand on the open forum itself -

1) First of all, I dint mean to offend or defame any member or any group as such.
2) I also dont mean that anybody is purposely starting groupism in here.
3) I dont expect that all members should favour the poll results & head there, irrespective of their preference or choice.

Instead, what I meant to convey is that if there are two groups - say A & B, and A is heading north & B is heading south, then think about the remaining unfortunate members like me. I either have the option to head north & be with some members or head south & be with the remaining. What I wished for is that all of us should meet in one place & turn this into a MEGA meet. That way, we can have more cars, meet more members & have more fun.

Its okay if anybody does not agree to me & chooses to go their own way, totally their wish. So friends, again repating - no offence meant.
I did not see anything wrong their... It was all about a TBHP meet unless someone decided to have their own route as per their group choice and asking all to join them if the poll results in same route. It could have been put in like, 'we have different plans and will join the meet if the route happens to be same'.

I too voted for all the options. Some of us I know including me do a daily DRIVE of 80-100kms and still have no issue with the drive factor.

I guess your post # 249 only tried to get the thread back to original motto "A TBHP Meet".

Previous LoP, Kakori, and a meet in Mahim/BKC did not have any such issue of groups.

Lets keep it to the poll and strictly to the 'TBHP Meet' and people who are preoccupied with plans can simply opt out. Isnt that used to happen before?
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 11:19   #279
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by bblost : 12th January 2012 at 11:22.
anku is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12th January 2012, 11:26   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Stop teasing us with the Aventador like the last time in the BKC meet. Ask Kunal if he could bring it instead of his bike.
Lol..i just want to give feedback that the road was smooth enough for such a low car...no intention of teasing dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Well i dont think he will want to miss this opportunity to ride.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:30   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I think doctorque shouldn't be allowed on the meet if he doesn't get that raging bull!! . Or maybe we could point a gun to his head and force him to lead us to it, if the decided route is NH3!

Back to topic... I went to Nashik the last month. The NH3 is a pleasure to drive on! Never seen a road so fresh and clean! The straights are amazing with a few curves thrown in! It is the total opposite of Eway in terms of boringness!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 16:04   #282
Senior - BHPian

Count me in...I'll be there !
Venue-wise, though I know there is a poll on (and I can't be seen to be violating the Elections Commission's Code of Conduct !), I must state that the NH3 joint is most convenient and easy to drive to, besides some obvious advantages like ample parking space etc.
Hoping to meet all of you on Jan15th !
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 17:31   #283
BHPian

Quote:
NH3 -Incidentally tested by the Aventador yesterday)
Quote:
Lol..i just want to give feedback that the road was smooth enough for such a low car...no intention of teasing dude
I thought it would have been transported on a flatbed?
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 17:33   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
I thought it would have been transported on a flatbed?
Yes-they did transport it..but they drove it well

Kunal should be able to tell us more about that.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 12th January 2012 at 17:34.
Old 12th January 2012, 17:42   #285
BHPian

Well, in that case, how was "the road smooth enough for such a low car" when it was on top of a towing van
Anyways, enough of the Avent. Its not a part of our meet anyway, why waste time discussing about it on this thread.
Looking forward to Sunday with good company.

Last edited by Xehaust : 12th January 2012 at 17:44.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote