Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th January 2012, 19:03   #286
BHPian

Default re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Well I am in for whichever location but, I agree the NH3 highway is a much better road than NH8. I was pretty late for my last meeting & I promise I will be on time this time.

BTW once we confirm the location can, we have a poll on which cars will be coming in ?
It will be a nice way to know the spread to some more people to join in !
90BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 19:12   #287
BHPian

Default re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Hi Guys,

Will join you at Oi Punjab for a short while as will have my wife (who has absolutely no interest in TBHP!!!) along . Will be coming in from Kasara. Has anyone decided on a time for the meet? Iqbal, look forward to meeting up and checking out the new babe (Camry!!!).
Bolbolero, Gautam have to discuss Leh / Ladakh again!!!

Regards,

SS
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 19:34   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Will join you at Oi Punjab for a short while as will have my wife (who has absolutely no interest in TBHP!!!) along . Will be coming in from Kasara. Has anyone decided on a time for the meet? Iqbal, look forward to meeting up and checking out the new babe (Camry!!!).
Bolbolero, Gautam have to discuss Leh / Ladakh again!!!

Regards,

SS
Karl, thanks for the compliment on my Camry, but pls dont rush when you are at the venue take things AARAM SE, relax, have lunch with us and then we will drive back to lokhandwala togather. Dont worry your second half will start getting interested in TBHP after she meets us all .God knows she may start surfing on TBHP after that day.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 08:41   #289
BHPian

Guys,
Looking at the poll counts it seems that NH3 is the obvious choice (how silly of me). So now who is chairing this meet? There ought to be one or two persons who will orchestrate the activities and timings. I presume the logical sequence would be that people interested in an exciting drive will first drive to Igatpuri, then return to Oi Punjab for lunch (again silly of me to state the obvious).

Since different people will do things differently, may I suggest that we specify one thing: the time to converge at Oi Punjabi for lunch. How about 1300 hrs (1 p.m.) for convergence. The dhaba may take half an hour to make your orders ready, that gives time to all to get to know everybody else. As time elapses people will naturally settle down into smaller comfort groups, either because they like the same cars or because they want to share the same dish. Then again at dispersal time people meet everybody else to exchange thanks and other niceties; and promise to meet again soon

The good thing about TBHP meets is that all the people are decent and happy folks. This is one place where we can meet complete strangers without prejudices and like long-lost friends. Younger members are encouraged to jot down names and pictures of all and then post them on the thread so that older people like me who have problems with memory management can recollect "that guy" with whom I had that discussion.

Families: I have found that accompanying familiy members too gel well with each other at such meets. While the men are pretending to love cars and roads, the ladies are holding their own buzz corner. Overall, the experience is pure joy at such meets, as some members expressed, your office politics does not factor in.

And hey, no way am I chairing this meet. Since @WoW started this thread, she logically becomes the Chairperson
So here is wishing you all a happy meet. Cheers, and drive safe.
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 10:06   #290
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Oye Punjab on NH3 is heading for a grand win!!
Who is going to co-ordinate the hotel bookings?
Last time we were there, they gave us a party room, but this time since the count looks more, we need to plan better.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 10:37   #291
BHPian

Hi Guys!

I will be joining only for the lunch meet as i am running in the StanC 1/2 marathon.

I will also need a ride from Kandivili WE highway (sai dham area) if possible.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 10:44   #292
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

I would like to come to Oye Punjabi at NH3 with Wife & daughter.

I would like to join for lunch meet would be coming from Malad West. I will be taking Godhbunder Road & 2 / 3 people (or 1 couple) can join me one the way.

Also can I please know how many are coming to the meet with family?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 10:52   #293
Senior - BHPian

Smile re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Ok its NH3 then going by the votes.

Suggest to meet before the Toll on NH3 although I am not too sure whether there is space to accomodate all of them and also not arouse any suspicion. Any other suggestions? HVK - your guidance needed.

The distance to Oye Punjabi is 30kms approx from Majiwada juction in Thane (approx 3-4 kms ahead of Shangrila resort).

Request @nomadabhi to take a lead and talk to the hotel guys.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 10:58   #294
Senior - BHPian

Now that the poll is closed we know we would be heading to Igatpuri, NH3 for a drive and a lunch meet at Oye Punjab.

Now lets draft the list of attendees for the drive and a separate for the lunch at Oye Punjab. This would give a clear indication of how many people are attending for the drive and how many for the lunch only. Even list the car and your starting point so that anyone who wishes to hitch a ride with you can PM you.

The central meeting point needs to be decided for all people going for the drive, so as they all can meet a that very point and embark for the drive. What will the time for the start of the journey?

List of Attendees: 15 Jan 2012

Drive: Igatpuri, NH3
e.g. Username+PAX, Car, Starting Point

Lunch: Oye Punjab 1:00 pm.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:03   #295
Senior - BHPian

Ok now that the poll is closed and Oi Punjab, NH3 has won we have some variables are fixed and we can work on rest of the plan.

The meet will be in to parts for everyone's convenience -
1. Drive to Manas for breakfast - Igatpuri
2. Drive back to Oi Punjab for lunch - NH3

All members are most welcome to join for both the drive and the lunch.

But just in case you have other commitments it would be great if you could make it for one of the sessions as per your convenience.

Timings -

The drive from Thane should take around 90mins and we will take about 90mins at Manas (Igatpuri) and another 90mins to drive back.

Accordingly i suggest that we meet and leave from Thane at 7AM to be able to make it back to Oi Punjab around 1130-12.

Drive Start Time - 7AM Sharp
Drive End Time - 12 Noon approx
Lunch Meet Time - 12 Noon Sharp

Final Meeting Point for the Drive - TBD based on public demand - Mostly it will be after the Thane Toll Naka

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 13th January 2012 at 11:09.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:05   #296
Team-BHP Support

Is anybody traveling from south Mumbai? I can possibly take a cab to reach the meeting point. But don't know how many roads will be blocked for SC marathon though.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:08   #297
BHPian

Gostel/HVK saar
Well made points.A room to teambhp members is far better than people sitting at separate tables(incidentally there was a movie called separate tables).In a private room people can move/mix around.
Your suggestion of WOW as chairperson is good.
Regards
PS:The next meet after the 15th one will be in Hissar when WOW goest to pick her car
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:23   #298
Senior - BHPian

Someone please start planning the next phase of the meet, since the location is not decided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
List of Attendees: 15 Jan 2012

Lunch: Oye Punjab 1:00 pm.
Good initiative.

It can be done like this -

1) Group A - those who want a long drive - they can meet earlier in some location, say Thane toll naka. Then proceed to drive till Igatpuri, have breakfast at Manas & then drive back & meet the other (Group B) at Oye Punjab at 12.30 pm.

2) Group B - those who dont want a long drive - meet again at some point & drive down together or just directly meet everyone at Oye punjab by 12.30 pm.

Someone please make the arrangements at Oye Punjab.

Please continue with the attendes list also -

Username - raj_5004
Car - Fiat Punto
Starting Point - Hiranandani, Powai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Looks like Oye Punjab on NH3 is heading for a grand win!!
Who is going to co-ordinate the hotel bookings?
Last time we were there, they gave us a party room, but this time since the count looks more, we need to plan better.
We can estimate the number of people joining in only when we have the attendes list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Timings -

The drive from Thane should take around 90mins and we will take about 90mins at Manas (Igatpuri) and another 90mins to drive back.

Accordingly i suggest that we meet and leave from Thane at 7AM to be able to make it back to Oi Punjab around 1130-12.

Final Meeting Point for the Drive - TBD based on public demand - Mostly it will be after the Thane Toll Naka

I think the timing should be postponed by 1 hour.

Drive start time - 8 pm
Reach Igatpuri (Manas) - 9.30 am
Have breakfast + some timepass for one hour
Leave Manas - 10.30 am
Reach Oye Punjab - 11.30 am

If we meet at 7 am, we will reach too early at Oye Punjab. Group B will join us at Oye Punjab only by 12.30 right?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th January 2012 at 12:27.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:27   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post

MEETING POINT at Thane is here:

Click this link to see the Google Maps for location marked B which is the meet point at 1030 am (departure from there will be at 11 am) before we set off for the drive to OP.
Eastern Express Hwy/NH 3 to Unknown road - Google Maps

The image of the location:
Name:  thane.JPG
Views: 5456
Size:  47.7 KB

How does one get there?

For those coming from South BOmbay/ West Bombay:

Take Eastern Expressway from Sion onwards towards Thane.
Reach Mulund-Thane toll gate (Rs 30)
Cross the octroi naka for Bombay-Thane (marked by check posts, a large fort-type gate, etc)
Climb up the first bridge which is a railway overbridge.
Take the first flyover (which is called Teen Hath Naka flyover)
Take the second flyover - this is a LONG 1.5 km one (elevated road). When you are on the flyover, you will see the Korum Mall on your left.
Come down the long flyover, and that is the MEETING POINT on the side of the road.
At this Meeting Point (marked B), you will see Jupiter Hospital & Fortune HOtel in the service road to your left and also Hotel Lerida on the other side of the road.

For those coming from New BOmbay side:

Come through the Airoli bridge and join Eastern Expressway.
From EEH junction, come to the toll gate/octroi naka and follow the same route as above

For those coming from West Bombay through the GHodbunder Road (via Dahisar naka & Ghodbunder).

They should come from Ghodbunder on the Ghodbunder-Thane road for almost 18 kms till they reach the Kapurbawdi JUnction - which is where you will see extreme left turn to Nashik, left turn to Thane city and straight to Bombay city. The MEETING POINT is on the opposite side of the road after they pass the flyover. To make a U-turn to come to the MEETING POINT, go beneath the next flyover, turn around and come to MEETING POINT.

For those who came to the last Legend of Punjab meet, the meeting point is the same place we met last time.

We will meet at the MEETING POINT at 1030 am and target departure at 1100 am towards OP, which is 45 minute drive away.

FOR THOSE GOING ON THE DRIVE TO IGATPURI, raj_5004 HAS CLEARLY GIVEN GUIDANCE.

I have lots of seats in my Scorpio, anyone is free to join me.

Last edited by hvkumar : 13th January 2012 at 12:29.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:28   #300
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Dear all,
Not to throw a dampener. But the news of EssYouWee's demise has saddened me.
I'd be there to meet up with all. To express my condolence, I'd be dressed in black.

Just a small suggestion from my side. Can we have people wearing something in black and say a small prayer for the bereaved before the lunch please?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote