Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17th January 2012, 23:35   #481
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

The Mumbai Meet was truly awesome. Enjoyed the drive on NH3 and whosoever suggested Igatpuri hats off to him. Superb roads with curves was just amazing.

Got to meet previous bhpians and made new friends Raj_5004, Lamboguy, Procircuit234 and many more. Finally got to meet HVK sir and Iqbal Veerji.

Had reached Jupiter Hospital at 7:15 am only to find just 2 cars. Next time onwards Mumbai bhpians please be on time.

Waiting for next T-Bhp meet with drive first.

Here are a few pictures.

The 500 NM car.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01660.jpg

The open roads.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01684.jpg

BMW F10 lurking in the rear view mirror.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01689.jpg

Hayabusa in black looked awesome.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01693.jpg

The Rider all geared up.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01699.jpg

The Indian Stig in white Vento.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01712.jpg

The last of ghats during return.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01714.jpg

The mean machines.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01719.jpg

The J.I.G Trio.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-dsc01723.jpg

Smoked the brakes while doing corners at mind boggling speeds that too with JK shoes.
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-z.jpg
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 00:59   #482
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
3 more pics courtesy BHPian 'ninjatalli' -
where are the pics which were clicked from your cam?? I remember clicking a few??

El lobo 6061: The drive back from Igatpuri was fun isn't it?? With the Altura, Punto and the Vento convoy maintaining steady speeds. Nice meeting you buddy.

(I was accompanying Raj_5004 in his Punto BTW)
S2!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 08:00   #483
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Guys,

Anyone clicked the pics of the ICE on display in one of the Punto post lunch. Was it Raj_5004's or somebody else? I have uploaded the pic of Raj_5004 and his friend (Was it a BHPian?) in the ICEd Punto.

The meet was such a huge hit that it was very difficult to remember BHPians handles. Next time we need to keep this issue in mind and think of a novel idea of displaying the handle names.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:03   #484
BHPian

Looks like a wonderful drive and hey my guess was right about the brabus benz ML class.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:19   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Got to meet previous bhpians and made new friends Raj_5004, Lamboguy, Procircuit234 and many more. Finally got to meet HVK sir and Iqbal Veerji.
Same here rohan.

Quote:
Waiting for next T-Bhp meet with drive first.
Count me in, already!

Quote:
The J.I.G Trio.
J.I.G. ? Whats that?

Quote:
Smoked the brakes while doing corners at mind boggling speeds that too with JK shoes.
Ooh, I still remember the twisties!

I still remember you were jumping on the road when you touched your burning hot front disc when we stopped for a while after the ghats. we were rolling inside the punto when we saw that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
where are the pics which were clicked from your cam?? I remember clicking a few??
Arre, its nothing extraordinary, just 4-5 pics of the cars, so skipped it.

Quote:
El lobo 6061: The drive back from Igatpuri was fun isn't it?? With the Altura, Punto and the Vento convoy maintaining steady speeds. Nice meeting you buddy.
You forgot Amit's (anthony d'cruz) Punto, who overtook us in the ghats?!?! While I was utilising the entire curve, he overtook me from the inside corner, LOLZ! he was with us for a short while and later zoomed off, only to ride the Busa!

The return drive with the altura & the Vento was the most fun part of the drive. Next time, GET YOUR CAR TOO!

Quote:
(I was accompanying Raj_5004 in his Punto BTW)
Only to spoil the power to weight ratio.

Kidding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

Anyone clicked the pics of the ICE on display in one of the Punto post lunch. Was it Raj_5004's or somebody else?
Yes, it was mine.

Post lunch, it was ICE & FFE show!

Quote:
I have uploaded the pic of Raj_5004 and his friend (Was it a BHPian?) in the ICEd Punto.
Yes, he is a BHPian (S2!!!). Where is the pic?

By the way, I was surprised to see three puntos turned up for the meet, and all were 90hps (its a rare breed & T-BHP had 3 for the meet)! Two were white & both had black roofs! I was totally unaware BolBolero bought a new Red Punto 90hp.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 18th January 2012 at 11:44.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:31   #486
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Yes, he is a BHPian (S2!!!). Where is the pic?
Sorry my bad luck, I thought I had posted it. Pls find attached. Although face of S2 is not clearly visible, but I remember him.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon-p1030074.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:34   #487
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets do the drive again and very soon!...how about 28th morning??

And more importantly guys...GET YOUR CARS....dont become a passenger.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:49   #488
BHPian

Happy Birthday KSM Vtec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Doc, the way you were riding, it was a pleasure just looking at you work those corners!
Btw it takes real courage to ride around a few cars that were present at the drive! ;-)

Mr. Baleno when can we expect some footage from the rear bumper cam which was taken while descending the ghat?
Thank you bro. Lot of practice rewards you always with improved skills. Still far from being where i want be.

Also, as you were driving around me most of the time i got more than a glimpse of your decent driving skills too. Hope the white vento did not worry you too much, he was just trying to make way for our Go pro to get a good shot at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
While driving towards Manas, I saw some bikers in the oncoming lane. Let's say I heard them before I saw them

I remember seeing a couple of bikers on similar bikes riding on the Eastern Express Highway from Mulund/Airoli direction towards Mumbai, early in the mornings (7:30ish).

Let me publicly admire your self restraint, I could make that out from the discussions at Manas I overheard. Ride safe!
Those bikers are very regular on that route on sunday mornings, especially during this season. Not many other roads around our city that could bring as good riding pleasure.

Thank you as well for the good words, but as i mentioned earlier, there is still a lot to learn.

Last edited by doctorque : 18th January 2012 at 11:51. Reason: Added information
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:52   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry my bad luck, I thought I had posted it. Pls find attached. Although face of S2 is not clearly visible, but I remember him.
That is myself & Ramie (in driver's seat) in Ramie's Getz & not in my Punto.

Yes, Ramie is a BHPian - Ramie2400.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:13   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I think we should make this a regular affair. Atleast till the winter season lasts. Lets start planning our next drive.
Passenger again or this time you will bring your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Looks like a wonderful drive and hey my guess was right about the brabus benz ML class.
What was your Guess Brraj? The ML is not a Brabus Benz but has a Brabus performance Kit which is further tuned to give out more power than the stock kit does. Roughly 285-290 bhp and 610 nm torque, stock kit is 270 bhp and 590 nm torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Guys lets do the drive again and very soon!...how about 28th morning??
And more importantly guys...GET YOUR CARS....dont become a passenger.
, A different venue this time please.

Sorry for the late post. The morning started off with the cops not letting me take the car out of my residence due to the Marathon at 6.15am, to finally managing a window at 7.40am to playing catch up and eventually being the first to reach Manas. I had a wonderful and spirited drive (wont recommend anyone to try it ). It was nice meeting some of the Members and the next time i shall try and be a little more social, drive and Meet wise.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:55   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey I'm not in this pic. That on the driver seat is bhpian ramie_2400.
S2!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 14:46   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
What was your Guess Brraj?
In your previous drives i guessed that ML has been modded and akshay confirmed that it had brabus kit installed.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 15:14   #493
Senior - BHPian

Why not have a meet once every month what say all Mumbaikars bhpians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Same here. Waiting for the next meet soon.

Quote:
J.I.G. ? Whats that?
J.I.G. [Japanese, Italian, German]. Baleno, Punto, Vento, they even rhyme.

Quote:
I still remember you were jumping on the road when you touched your burning hot front disc when we stopped for a while after the ghats. we were rolling inside the punto when we saw that!
LOL.

Quote:
You forgot Amit's (anthony d'cruz) Punto, who overtook us in the ghats?!?! While I was utilising the entire curve, he overtook me from the inside corner, LOLZ! he was with us for a short while and later zoomed off, only to ride the Busa!
Both the Punto 90HP were really pushing themselves to the limit. I was looking at the showdown from back and waiting for a straight to get ahead.

Quote:
That is myself & Ramie (in driver's seat) in Ramie's Getz & not in my Punto.
I wanted to Ramie too, missed that. Wanted to share some thoughts of ICE done on my Fiesta.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 15:28   #494
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I'm game for 28th Morning drive. If my daughter is well by then, we might drive all the way to Nasik with whole family.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 20:30   #495

My first TBhp meet and wasn't even sure that I was going to make it, but it sure was an awesome meet. Met up with some old friends and made some new ones, especially Mani, Kaushik, Nikhil and Viraj

Had a late night and so missed out on the "awesome drive", but the fabulous lunch and the vibrant travel stories and experiences from HVK and the invigorating auto talk made up for it.

Kudos for the effort and initiative taken by the key TBhpians in organizing it Was also happy that some of the families made it, so I could make it into a "Son"day outing as well....killing two birds with one stone

28 of Jan sounds like a plan, and would love to join in if it comes through. Maybe we could do a drive to Bordi or Bhandaradhara !!!

Cheers to many more such meets.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies. We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2012 at 11:23. Reason: Do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post on Team-BHP
ravinayar is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction