Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 21st March 2006, 10:13   #31

Exclamation

Guys, Swift swift swift, man Im getting goose pimples (romanjam) reading all threads with my name . Anyways, for the next meet I will try to give you guys more fun with Turbo Swift. Thats what Im planing next

Last edited by shuhaib : 21st March 2006 at 10:16.
Old 21st March 2006, 19:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Thats quite surprising...I was there with family at 12 noon. Hung around for a while waiting for someone to turn up and then realized that my phone had gone dead - I went back home at about 12.30 to pick up my charger (which is when JK landed up).

The board outside the Lounge initially said "Mr. Santhosh - Meeting. Sunrise Lounge" I had it changed to "Team BHP Meeting - Sunrise Lounge" before you guys turned up.
Hey steer...I reached on time, but could not find any car except a white camry parked.I was wondering if it belongs to any of the BHPians.Nxt I called you, but it said"switched off"..next headed to the security and then to the reception, and found the"sunrise" lounge booked in the name of Mr. santhosh, they said no one has so far turned up and I was waiting @ the lobby, when I found MALLUDUDE and then you..
Old 21st March 2006, 20:13   #33
BHPian

nice meet review guys. specially liked shuhaib's swift. wish i could have heard its exhaust note......
looking forward to see more kerala meets, and take part if i geta chance.....
Old 21st March 2006, 20:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Suhaib

On the subject of your filter - I was with the methods person this evening - showed him the snap of your set up too. He is observed that you have bought the stock install. However he mentioned thsi is not efficicient in the Swift because the radiator fan is situated right under where your filter has ended up ... and when it starts all your filter breaths is HOT AIR!.. He is of the firm opinion that you need to get it altered to get the filer facing the other direction - Claims the performance will be even better!!! - this will mean fabricating the intake pipie- all the swifts in CBE have apparently been done like that due to this problem..
Old 21st March 2006, 22:58   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Pix courtesy Nayeem

There goes my stopper!

Steer, me and CaliforniaKnight

Cheers!

Watch advt

Shuhaib, having his last as he knws he owns that $%^& Swift!; with Nayeem

Pyrocrypt; get out will you!
Old 21st March 2006, 23:21   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Suhaib

On the subject of your filter - I was with the methods person this evening - showed him the snap of your set up too. He is observed that you have bought the stock install. However he mentioned thsi is not efficicient in the Swift because the radiator fan is situated right under where your filter has ended up ... and when it starts all your filter breaths is HOT AIR!.. He is of the firm opinion that you need to get it altered to get the filer facing the other direction - Claims the performance will be even better!!! - this will mean fabricating the intake pipie- all the swifts in CBE have apparently been done like that due to this problem..
Happened to see leela's swift with the filter installed in a different position .. Must say it will allow hot air to enter .. Maybe the same with this swift too .. Suhaib , what u can do is transfer the battery to the boot and install the filter there and make a hole on the left fender so asto allow more cold air to enter the filter .. This will certainly help further ... This ought to be done as there is hardly any space left over in the swift engine bay ..
Old 21st March 2006, 23:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Happened to see leela's swift with the filter installed in a different position .. Must say it will allow hot air to enter .. Maybe the same with this swift too .. Suhaib , what u can do is transfer the battery to the boot and install the filter there and make a hole on the left fender so asto allow more cold air to enter the filter .. This will certainly help further ... This ought to be done as there is hardly any space left over in the swift engine bay ..
Can't he just make a hole on the bonnet right now?? Sumtin like a scoop will help too i guess
Old 21st March 2006, 23:37   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Can't he just make a hole on the bonnet right now?? Sumtin like a scoop will help too i guess
Well he could do that , but it still wont eliminate the hot air from reaching the filter .. It will negate the effect alright .. Preferable to move the battery to the back and install the filter there .. This has many advantages , one i havent yet seen a swift with a scoop that actually looks good so why risk spoiling the look of the car .. Two , hot air can in no way find its way to the filter if installed properly this way .. i read somewhere that he is planning to go TC too .. This will be of additional help for that too .. Just frees up space for the TC install too im thinking ..
Old 22nd March 2006, 00:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well he could do that , but it still wont eliminate the hot air from reaching the filter .. It will negate the effect alright .. Preferable to move the battery to the back and install the filter there .. This has many advantages , one i havent yet seen a swift with a scoop that actually looks good so why risk spoiling the look of the car .. Two , hot air can in no way find its way to the filter if installed properly this way .. i read somewhere that he is planning to go TC too .. This will be of additional help for that too .. Just frees up space for the TC install too im thinking ..
He said he already tried out diff positions and this was the best among those. Anyway if hez plannin to do a lote more mods then moving the battery would be necessary
Old 22nd March 2006, 00:12   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

yah he is interested in TC I did my part. Now I am waiting and praying for him to get TC Next tbhp meet gonna be great!
Old 22nd March 2006, 00:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

So many performance upgrades after one meet...Shuhaibs plannin a turbo, KB100's already got Petes. JK we better start sumtin other than just JBLfy

By the way...wnz the next meet??

Last edited by karthik247 : 22nd March 2006 at 00:30.
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

KARTHIK is gonna get us scaling the ALPS with the silly low prices he gonna wrangle on them RS Alpines HU's... drool drool.... REMEMBER - I WAN ONE TOO!!1...

.....waitinggggggggggg to YALP-EM!

Last edited by kb100 : 22nd March 2006 at 16:30.
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Default Next MEet

Hi Guys,

I had to pull out of the last meet on the way to Cochin and feel really bad about that!

How bout the next meet on easter weekend. Its a long weekend,and we could have the meet in Cochin or TVM-Kovalam

JK and Karthik, cud u guys take on the organising this time please.

Steer- Dude- I felt really bad on the expenses for the evening party fiasco. Guess I am to blame partly as well.

Guys, all of us wo had committed for the party should chip in and reimburse steer for his expenses at the next meet.

Hope to c all of u guys soon
Cheers

Himanshu
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
Steer- Dude- I felt really bad on the expenses for the evening party fiasco. Guess I am to blame partly as well.

Guys, all of us wo had committed for the party should chip in and reimburse steer for his expenses at the next meet.
Himanshu

Two clarifications are required:

1. I did not foot the expenses alone. kb100, Quicksilver, kphilip and I split it amongst ourselves, as I mentioned. I just posted the fact, that doesnt mean I had to bear all the expenses!!! We went dutch on behalf of the team.

2. Whether we should get reimbursed or not is therefore not for me to say - its for the 3 others to talk about too. I will simply go along with what they have to say.

PS: Sujit post your pics before the thread turns stale, yaar.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd March 2006 at 17:08.
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I did not foot the expenses alone. kb100, Quicksilver, kphilip and I split it amongst ourselves, as I mentioned. I just posted the fact, that doesnt mean I had to bear all the expenses!!! We went dutch on behalf of the team.
My POV - I think the deeds done - We have paid and thats that!.. If you guys want to make it up to me.. well.. there is certain 9855Rs that I have been dreaming about......

Quote:
PS: Sujit post your pics before the thread turns stale, yaar.
Forgot to get my USB cord - will post it tmw for sure - (or a lil later in the evening)
Closed Thread