Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When can you make it for this meet + one night's stay?
Feb 11th & 12th (2012) 15 36.59%
Feb 18th & 19th (2012) 34 82.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2012, 11:29   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Team BHP Bangalore Mega Meet Feb 18/19th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Some of my suggestion:
Final Meeting point could me at Nelmangala, after we turn left from Tumkur road. With Other meeting points at Nice road Junction to Tumkur Road.
Do you mean the NH48- NH4 intersection, after the elevated expressway ends? I think most people, from Bangalore city, will have already joined the group by that point. The NICE - NH4 intersection is a no-stop zone I think. Which other place is good for meeting up?

I am put up at Jayanagar; will be heading along Bannerghatta road and entering NICE from there, to exit at Tumkur road. Anyone else joining me on this route?

Quote:
Breakfast could be done at Mayura at Bellur cross, Very good food but bit costly, Kamat near chanrayapatna not being that good in taste not worth.
+1 to Mayura. I haven't eaten anything better than that on the entire NH48 stretch. The distance of Mayura also is perfect for breakfast timing. We reach it after roughly 1.5 hours of journey.

The Kamat hotel near Hassan is actually quite bad, I got served idlis with cold sambar at 8am, that too after a wait of 15 minutes! The restaurant was quite deserted, never found out why

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
I have read somewhere on this forum itself that there's a place called as Shark Dhaba after Solur which serves awesome Masala Dosas. How about checking out this place for breakfast?
sounds awesome, we can later stop for a second breakfast again somewhere else. hope I don't get thrown out of the convoy for too many food stops

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd February 2012 at 11:42.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:09   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Do you mean the NH48- NH4 intersection, after the elevated expressway ends? I think most people, from Bangalore city, will have already joined the group by that point. The NICE - NH4 intersection is a no-stop zone I think. Which other place is good for meeting up?
Meeting points along this route:

ORR-NH4 junction just before the start of the elevated road.
People going from south should take this road instead of NICE IMO. Because Nayandahalli is not crowded at that time and after that, you can touch NH4 via the new ring road in no time.
Road is very good and distance is less and no toll. (NICE is not worth the money now IMO)
Also at this junction you can stop (though you have busses stopping there, 10 cars can easily stop there)

Magadi road-NH48 Junction. This should be the final meeting point IMO.
Some people might want to take the road through Magadi.
Also at this junction, there are shops on the left side and sufficient place for parking.

NICE-NH4 junction. Even though people can meet here, People coming from yeshhwanthpur have to "come out" of the highway which is not advisable.

NH4-NH48 junction.Is an option if there is no meeting at ORR-NH4 junction

Mysore sandal Factory circle. Would have been a good point if not for the present metro construction
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:14   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Final List (including RAC, Waiting List and Cancel)
  1. asdon
  2. inder_s1
  3. condor
  4. shishir_bn
  5. floyd.bell
  6. guyfrmblr
  7. karthikk
  8. chetan_i
  9. royalcruiser
  10. aviorp
  11. NPV
  12. shamanth
  13. rocky080
  14. kiloAlpha
  15. RajeshK
  16. arin_12
  17. sajands
  18. vaibzi
  19. alter_ego
  20. CorsaLove
Thats 20 cars, with 36 Adults & 10 Kids.

Negotiations are still in place for best offer.... so keep watching your emails.
Avijit.
I would love to join, let me know if i can be added to the list, or booking are closed

Cheers
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:25   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Meeting points along this route:

Mysore sandal Factory circle. Would have been a good point if not for the present metro construction
There is a road between the Toyota showroom and the Factory. It can be used as a meeting point. Wide road, with very little traffic.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:09   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I am put up at Jayanagar; will be heading along Bannerghatta road and entering NICE from there, to exit at Tumkur road. Anyone else joining me on this route?
I'll be driving from Bannerghatta National Park side and enter the NICE road. I can meet you at Bannerghatta road NICE junction. Meanwhile have you decided on T-Jet or T-Bird?

EDIT: Just saw that number of cars = number of members which implies you'll be flying T-Jet.

@asdon: I'll join you at BG road NICE junction. Even KarthikK and shamanth can join there.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 3rd February 2012 at 14:36.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:09   #186
BHPian

Can we erase the next week from calender & jump to 18/19.

A meeting point for 18 cars will need some space, I suggest we don't meet within the city, that will delay the start, lets all meet on NH 48, after crossing NH4-NH48 junction, and 500 mtrs inside NH48, there is a space, to park cars.

I will be leaving from Electronic City, via NICE road, sharp at 5am, target is to reach the point by 6am, and start by 6:30am. So anyone from BG road, Kanakpura Rd, JP Nagar Area, can join me.

Lets keep the meeting time between 5:45am to 6:15am(don't follow IST)

About the accomodation, we are getting 3 duplex Cottages & 2 Villas, good enough to hold 40 head count, which I think is nearing by as few new BHPians have requested for space!!! Hope they join in.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:12   #187
BHPian

Quote:

+1 to Mayura. I haven't eaten anything better than that on the entire NH48 stretch. The distance of Mayura also is perfect for breakfast timing. We reach it after roughly 1.5 hours of journey.

The Kamat hotel near Hassan is actually quite bad, I got served idlis with cold sambar at 8am, that too after a wait of 15 minutes! The restaurant was quite deserted, never found out why

sounds awesome, we can later stop for a second breakfast again somewhere else. hope I don't get thrown out of the convoy for too many food stops
I am travelling through Nice road as well, since i stay at jp nagar. We could get together at Shell petrol bunk and start there. And then catch up all at Nelmanaga which is tumkur road - NH 48 junction. Dont think anyone will travel through Magadi when direct road is so good.

Shark daba it has a small Dosa camp counter. This will be too early, we might have to stop just 15-20 mins after we start from Nelmangala, Mayura is in middle, better stop there for breakfast.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:35   #188
BHPian

I stay in Kathriguppe (B.S.K 3rd Stage), so will take the outer ring road via the Nayandahalli junction. Will meet you guys near the NH4/NH48 junction by 6AM. Anyone else going this way?
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:35   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Shark daba it has a small Dosa camp counter. This will be too early, we might have to stop just 15-20 mins after we start from Nelmangala, Mayura is in middle, better stop there for breakfast.
well don't have much idea about NH48 and its food joints in recent time, last I did this road was in 2007. But We should be at a minimum distance of 70 to 85 km from starting point before we break for breakfast, else we might be late for actual destination, and I am sure there will be multiple stops enroute too.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:39   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Avijit.
I would love to join, let me know if i can be added to the list, or booking are closed

Cheers
Please try to make it Supriyo sir. You will be made the official photographer of this event

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I'll be driving from Bannerghatta National Park side and enter the NICE road. I can meet you at Bannerghatta road NICE junction. Meanwhile have you decided on T-Jet or T-Bird?
Nobody else on bikes to give me company, unfortunately. And with 19 cars zooming ahead, my sluggish T-bird will reach Chikmagalur when you guys are packing up to leave *lol*, so it will be the fighter jet this time

Quote:

@asdon: I'll join you at BG road NICE junction. Even KarthikK and shamanth can join there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post

I will be leaving from Electronic City, via NICE road, sharp at 5am, target is to reach the point by 6am, and start by 6:30am. So anyone from BG road, Kanakpura Rd, JP Nagar Area, can join me.

Lets keep the meeting time between 5:45am to 6:15am(don't follow IST)
Quote:
I am travelling through Nice road as well, since i stay at jp nagar. We could get together at Shell petrol bunk and start there. And then catch up all at Nelmanaga which is tumkur road - NH 48 junction. Dont think anyone will travel through Magadi when direct road is so good.
4 of us meeting up at BG road Nice junction, as suggested by guyfrmblr sounds good. At what time should I reach the meeting point at Bannerghatta road NICE entrance? If you are targeting NH48 junction by 6am, 5 - 5.15am should be fine for the B'ghatta rendezvous point I think. Your thoughts?

Quote:
If shark is too close to the city, Mayura would be better. Moreover, Mayura has adequate seating for 40-50+ strong crowd. I usually see Mangalore route buses stopping here all the time. Service is also very quick in spite of the high density of crowd

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd February 2012 at 14:53.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:55   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Nobody else on bikes to give me company, unfortunately. And with 19 cars zooming ahead, my sluggish T-bird will reach Chikmagalur when you guys are packing up to leave *lol*, so it will be the fighter jet this time
Karthik, Me and ku69rd are coming in bike. Do get your T-bird.

Maruya is the best place to have breakfast.
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:06   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I'm in too. Santosh, we can ride to the meeting point together.

I'm a little lost since i've not been able to track the updates on this thread. Where are we staying and how much does it work out to per person?
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:12   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Oops! You all are bringing SBKs - one is a CBR250R and another is a FZ1 . Now aditya sir with Ninja. Oh my god, then my situation still remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Where are we staying and how much does it work out to per person?
Eagle eye resorts, chikmagalur.
Price is working up to 1500+change per person. Asdon is taking care of the bookings

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd February 2012 at 15:28.
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:46   #194
BHPian

Great going guys! I will be driving my Optra and will be leaving from Rajaji Nagar. Can meet with the rest of the gang on NH48 (500m from NH4 junction) as Avijit has suggested.

Important: Let us all please meet at the specified times...no IST
If you have sub-group meeting spots within the city, I suggest you start from the spot at the designated time and not wait for anyone who gets delayed. At max, we can do all the waiting only at the final meeting spot

Cheers!
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:17   #195
BHPian

Hi,

Aah! I can see that bunk from my window, I stay app 100m from there... I'll see you there!

Regards,
Shrey

Quote:

Closed Thread