Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When can you make it for this meet + one night's stay?
Feb 11th & 12th (2012) 15 36.59%
Feb 18th & 19th (2012) 34 82.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2012, 16:17   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Team BHP Bangalore Mega Meet Feb 18/19th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm in too. Santosh, we can ride to the meeting point together.

I'm a little lost since i've not been able to track the updates on this thread. Where are we staying and how much does it work out to per person?
Sure aditya. All three bikes can start together.

Karthik,
Does not matter which bike, end of the day, its the ride which matters. No way, Aditya and me can match with FZ1 but still, we ride together.
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:33   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Karthik,
Does not matter which bike, end of the day, its the ride which matters. No way, Aditya and me can match with FZ1 but still, we ride together.
I completely agree, the ride matters My only concern was I shouldn't be slowing the convoy down due to my fault. The T-bird isn't comfortable after 70-80, in fact it struggles. I'll join you guys on the T-bird nonetheless. 4 bikes it will be!

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd February 2012 at 16:37.
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:53   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Sure aditya. All three bikes can start together.

Karthik,
Who is bringing FZ1?

Then the biker boyz will be our pilots, and lets keep a convoy upto the place, that will be some view for sure.

For breakfast - we stop at Mayura.
Supriyo just confirmed me, so the official photographer's slot is going to him.

Adding to the list
Aditya
Shreyan
Supriyo

Dropping off
Inder_s1(but he might turn up at 11th hr)
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:01   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
KarthikK : The T-bird isn't comfortable after 70-80, in fact it struggles. I'll join you guys on the T-bird nonetheless. 4 bikes it will be!
@KarthikK, no worries there - the BLR - Hassan stretch was not perfect anyway. Hassan -Belur- Chikmagalur is an un-divided section, so we cant go too fast. Beyond that it's the ghats and we may have trouble keeping up with you. So stop thinking of the speed, and just enjoy the ride.

Quote:
asdon : Can we erase the next week from calender & jump to 18/19.
sorry guys, life does not have a fast-forward button

Quote:
asdon : A meeting point for 18 cars will need some space, I suggest we don't meet within the city, that will delay the start,

I will be leaving from Electronic City, .. So anyone from BG road, Kanakpura Rd, JP Nagar Area, can join me.
I suggest that we dont wait to meet up inside the city. Best is for everyone to just head over to NH48 individually, and meet up there. It will keep things simple and avoid any additional waiting time. And it's not too far either.

Avijit, pls circulate phone numbers - or just send it to me. I will distribute print-outs if required.

Last edited by condor : 3rd February 2012 at 17:06.
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:29   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I suggest that we dont wait to meet up inside the city. Best is for everyone to just head over to NH48 individually, and meet up there. It will keep things simple and avoid any additional waiting time. And it's not too far either.
+1 to that. Shall we all agree to meet up at the NH4/NH48 junction, on NH48 (just after turning off at Nelamangala)? There is plenty of space there to park and wait.
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:12   #201
BHPian

I will be missing this grand meet. Few of my exec management is visiting here at this same time and I have to be in office on 18th. Informed Avijit on email about my cancelation.

I will try to make it for the next time..!!!

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:53   #202
BHPian

Oh Man!! with so many meeting points and so many NH intersections specified I am totally lost.And I am totally ignorant of that part of the city.

Since I am coming from HSR so I would be joining the gang who is meeting at Bannerghatta-nice road intersection

If anyone planning to pass through HSR then do let me know too.I would ensure my ride tags along with yours
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:55   #203
BHPian

Folks, how about sharing details about ourselves in a common place? We could tell each other a little about ourselves, our fellow travelers, our passions, our vehicles, our T-BHP threads, what not?

I have created a site using Google, and shared permission with all of you to edit. I have created a separate page for each one of you to add your own details.

Do click on the link below and navigate to any page - you will have the permission to edit the contents there. I have created a placeholder template for all of us to fill in.

We can create more pages to include tips (like carrying medicines and first aid kit, tow cables, jump-start cables, etc). Can also share route-map and whatever else is needed.

Will be great to have all of you contribute here....
https://sites.google.com/site/teambhpbangaloremahameet2012/

Cheers,
Chetan
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:00   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan_l View Post
Folks, how about sharing details about ourselves in a common place? We could tell each other a little about ourselves, our fellow travelers, our passions, our vehicles, our T-BHP threads, what not?
@Chetan, we already have the Introduce Yourself section right here on TBHP. Beyond that, we will be at the trip and can get to know each other personally. Why do you think we have to do another web-based intro ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Oh Man!! with so many meeting points and so many NH intersections specified I am totally lost.And I am totally ignorant of that part of the city.
@AE, relax - just head over to NICE road, or outer-ring road & go all the way to Tumkur Road. Go towards Tumkur and at the NH48 junction, take left. You will reach the first meeting point. The directions are well marked, so you should not lose the way.

Else, if you are not comfortable, please sync up with some one and meet up a little early so that you guys are not late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
@AE, relax - just head over to NICE road, or outer-ring road & go all the way to Tumkur Road. Go towards Tumkur and at the NH48 junction, take left. You will reach the first meeting point. The directions are well marked, so you should not lose the way.

Else, if you are not comfortable, please sync up with some one and meet up a little early so that you guys are not late.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th February 2012 at 12:05. Reason: Posts Merged
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:13   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Chetan, we already have the Introduce Yourself section right here on TBHP. Beyond that, we will be at the trip and can get to know each other personally. Why do you think we have to do another web-based intro ?
Good point Condor. A few reasons:
A little bit of b/g info on our fellow travelers. A snap or two on how we look like. A few words to reintroduce ourselves to the rest (many of us haven't updated our intros in a while). [Also, we can collate common info required for the meet - like the final meeting point, things to carry, etc - finding these within the forum threads will be cumbersome]

In no way do I want to substitute what we are posting here on this thread or what we will post on our return.
But having all of this consolidated in a single site will come in handy.

Take a look at the link and if you find it handy, do add your stuff - else, no sweat!

Last edited by chetan_l : 3rd February 2012 at 19:15. Reason: To add another point
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:14   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan_l View Post
Good point Condor. A few reasons:
A little bit of b/g info on our fellow travelers. A snap or two on how we look like. A few words to reintroduce ourselves to the rest (many of us haven't updated our intros in a while).
Suggestion: catch up on FB till then
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:32   #207
BHPian

FB = After the meet, once you really know the people behind the names
My $0.02....
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:36   #208
BHPian

@Alter_ego - wait for me at NICE and BG Road intersection at 5:15am. Its very easy from there.

@Chetan - its a great idea, and thanks for your words
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:40   #209
Senior - BHPian

So the meeting place is finalized right??

We will be having all hands meet at the Nelamangala junction. The left turn from the Tumkur road.

So is Everyone synced on this??
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:44   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
So the meeting place is finalized right??

We will be having all hands meet at the Nelamangala junction. The left turn from the Tumkur road.

So is Everyone synced on this??
Yes Sir. Now lets see who has to wait maximum, I don't want to be in same position 2nd time
Closed Thread