Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When can you make it for this meet + one night's stay?
Feb 11th & 12th (2012) 15 36.59%
Feb 18th & 19th (2012) 34 82.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 6th February 2012, 14:18   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Team BHP Bangalore Mega Meet Feb 18/19th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Also, like the other meets, if possible, can we have a list of the final participants and their rides, it will be easier to identify each other

Regards,
Shrey
No, we will play the "Pehchan kaun Contest".

I am getting the list ready, once all give their vehicle details will publish it.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:26   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks for adding me onto the list Avijit.

My wife and son will also be joining is, as conveyed earlier.

Since i will be on my bike, can i bother anyone so my family can carpool? I dont want to trouble anyone so if its a bother, i can bring my car along, its been ages since its been on a drive anyway.

We had been to chickmagalur a couple of weekends back and Prashant on a bullet reached blore earlier than us. He maintained constant speed throughout while we had to stop for breaks often on the pretext of coffee, snacks, etc.

So in all probability you will be quicker than us

Mr. Mahesh Kora.
Which area are you from? Though at that time of the morning, it shouldnt be a problem.

I'll be alone in the car and will be happy to help.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:30   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon
No, we will play the "Pehchan kaun Contest".

I am getting the list ready, once all give their vehicle details will publish it.
Please make sure there are mug shots of BHPians; will be muchas muchas helpful when we bump into each other on the streets, not to mention put a face to them handles
Old 6th February 2012, 14:31   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Which area are you from?
I stay at Malleswaram.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:33   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok... If no one else from that size of town can do it, I'll volunteer. Early in the morning, driving to Malleshwaram shouldnt be a problem.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:59   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

if you are coming from the IIMB side can we stop at the Shell Petrol Bunk just before the NicE road junction, for everyone coming from that side, it will be a lot convenient as there is ample of space and it will stop any further confusion on which side to turn at the BG road NiCE road junction. IIRC the heads up display board is damaged near the junction.
I think guyfromblr, asdon and maybe some others will join in at the NICE intersection from the other side as well. Better to have the meet at NICE junction in my opinion, or else a few others may miss it.

Just for information's sake (in case anyone is unaware), for people coming on b'ghatta road from IIMB side, you have to take a right turn at NICE to go towards the Nh4/NH48 meeting point. For people coming from the other side (direction approaching IIMB), you have to take a left at NICE to proceed towards the meet location.

At the toll gate, you need to take toll pass for "Tumkur road". This will be the last exit on NICE and the drive distance on NICE is approximately 33km from the B'ghatta road entry point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Please make sure there are mug shots of BHPians; will be muchas muchas helpful when we bump into each other on the streets, not to mention put a face to them handles
I'll take up this 'sniper' activity with a 55-200mm tele lens will do it silently from camouflaged locations.

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th February 2012 at 15:15.
Old 6th February 2012, 15:08   #247
BHPian

Here we go with our rides -

asdon - Red Punto
condor - Ikon/Sumo
shishir_bn - Xylo
floyd.bell - E-Class -E220
guyfrmblr - Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi
karthikk Black - Linea Tjet/ T-Bird
chetan_i - Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 LS
royalcruiser - Punto
aviorp - Black Scorpio
shamanth - FZ-S
Nikhilb2008 - Red Getz
kiloAlpha - Figo
ku69rd - FZ1
arin_12 - Fusion
sajands - Verna
alter_ego - White Safari
CorsaLove - Silver i20
rk_sans - Honda CBR
ssjr0498 - Honda City
n_aditya - Ninja
Schoudhury - Ritz

Last edited by asdon : 6th February 2012 at 15:15.
Old 6th February 2012, 16:10   #248
BHPian

That's cool! Was thinking of waiting for everyone from this side to come and then catch up with the guys from the other side right after the place where we pay the toll. Since the cut at the BG road to NICE road is very small, there is no place to park there. Was thinking on those lines.. Neverthless.. Whatever suits all suits me as well . Looking forward for the meet!!

Regards,
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I think guyfromblr, asdon and maybe some others will join in at the NICE intersection from the other side as well. Better to have the meet at NICE junction in my opinion, or else a few others may miss it.
Old 6th February 2012, 16:29   #249
BHPian

Quote:
That's cool! Was thinking of waiting for everyone from this side to come and then catch up with the guys from the other side right after the place where we pay the toll. Since the cut at the BG road to NICE road is very small, there is no place to park there. Was thinking on those lines.. Neverthless.. Whatever suits all suits me as well . Looking forward for the meet!!

Regards,
Shrey
Here is my plan, leave Home(E-city Ph-II) at 4:45am, Reach NICE intersection after BG Road, pay toll get inside the Road(100mtrs), wait for others to join max by 5:15am, then head towards Tumkur road. As the gang is big enough, we should stick to timelines.
Old 6th February 2012, 16:33   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Quote:
That's cool! Was thinking of waiting for everyone from this side to come and then catch up with the guys from the other side right after the place where we pay the toll. Since the cut at the BG road to NICE road is very small, there is no place to park there.
I think around 6 or 7 of us are meeting near BG road - NICE junction. Parking won't be an issue there. The gang coming from IIMB side can take a right turn at the NICE road and park it to the left side of the road just before the toll booth. There is plenty of space there and traffic density will be thin at that time.
Old 6th February 2012, 17:24   #251
BHPian

Hmm, the number of pages in this thread seems to have increased quite a bit over the weekend. Been held up with work at office and home .. terrible times!

Just glanced thru the pages and don't see anyone from Rajaji Nagar/Vijaynagar area. Will I be the only one in my car? Does anyone want to join?

Aditya: noticed your post. Lemme know if your folks need to be picked, since its quite closeby for me.

And what is the meeting point in the morning? Is it at the NH4-NH48 junction?

Another question - why should we drive all the way to C'lore? We're anyway planning to go towards Aldur/Balehonnur - so we need not have to actually go to C'lore - saves some time at least! Hard to say that though, considering its my hometown
Old 6th February 2012, 17:36   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Another question - why should we drive all the way to C'lore? We're anyway planning to go towards Aldur/Balehonnur - so we need not have to actually go to C'lore - saves some time at least! Hard to say that though, considering its my hometown
We will not drive upto Chikmagalur, here is the route we need to follow, and as we have a localite with us now, from Belur onwards we will cruise Royally.
Attached Images

Old 6th February 2012, 17:51   #253
BHPian

I had voted that I would be attending this meet. Is it too late for me to confirm now?
Old 6th February 2012, 18:09   #254
BHPian

What is the name of the resort/Home stay you guys have booked ? Or it is confidential ?
Old 6th February 2012, 18:26   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
We will not drive upto Chikmagalur, here is the route we need to follow, and as we have a localite with us now, from Belur onwards we will cruise Royally.
Ha ha, sure! I hope the roads are royal enough to cruise Last I took this route was at least a coupla years ago - so lemme check on the state of this road, before we can cruise royally!
Closed Thread