Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When can you make it for this meet + one night's stay?
Feb 11th & 12th (2012) 15 36.59%
Feb 18th & 19th (2012) 34 82.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14th February 2012, 18:51   #331
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Team BHP Bangalore Mega Meet Feb 18/19th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
We need to plan this re-fuelling properly, As we are almost 20 cars. If we all stop at the same station we has to spend lots of time. And again if we stop at different place on the way then we might loose the convoy. I will suggest that we should re-fuel at various station in Hassan then again meet after crossing the city.
If all cars start with a full tank, we shouldn't need to refuel until Chikmagalur/Hassan on the way back, assuming a range of around 450-500km per tankful. Dunno about the bikes though.
Old 14th February 2012, 19:03   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
If all cars start with a full tank, we shouldn't need to refuel until Chikmagalur/Hassan on the way back, assuming a range of around 450-500km per tankful. Dunno about the bikes though.
While on my previous visit to Sringeri, I did find a decent IOC inside Hassan. We should not need fuel when going, but can stop by on the return. This bunk is somewhere between the DC office & the BSNL office.
Old 14th February 2012, 19:06   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
As we will visit Bhadra Wildlife Forest some points to remember while going to Reserve Forest area
Asdon, is the forest visit something we have to book with the forest authorities, like a jeep safari or a bus safari? Or is it just a drive through the forests and back on our own? Any permissions to be taken for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I did find a decent IOC inside Hassan. We should not need fuel when going, but can stop by on the return. This bunk is somewhere between the DC office & the BSNL office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Fuel stops:
Should not be a problem until Hassan. But, there aren't too many from Hassan to Ckm and hardly any after Ckm. So, please plan to have enough fuel till either Hassan (~180 kms) or Ckm (~250 kms) where you should find decent fuel points.

Do we really need to enter Hassan city and get stuck?? Any good ones on the highway? Any trusted petrol pumps that we can stop at near Chikmagalur like Shell/Reliance? While going on saturday, only Aditya, ku69rd and rk_sans might need to do a pitstop on the way to CKM. Rest of us cars can manage fine, my only doubt is about the E220 of floyd bell

The last time I refueled on this stretch was at an IndianOil pump some 1km away from Belur temple, but that was a small one.

Quote:
Else, there is another restaurant in Hassan, but getting parking place for so many cars is a pain.
+1, I agree. I think that restaurant is called Suvarna Sagar or something like that. There is another Gokul restaurant inside Hassan but the parking space is nil in all of the interior Hassan restaurants. Highway restaurants are the best bet considering 24 vehicles

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th February 2012 at 19:20.
Old 14th February 2012, 19:44   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Asdon, is the forest visit something we have to book with the forest authorities, like a jeep safari or a bus safari? Or is it just a drive through the forests and back on our own? Any permissions to be taken for this?
Last time when I visited no permission was required, I could drive through the forest in my Alto, this forest is actually through hills and highlands and not a typical forest like Bandipur or Nagarahole, and I am 90% sure Project Tiger does not have a Planned safari tour in Bhadra. Lets see if I can get more from Mr. S.P Yadav(DIG Project Tiger) (did some work with one of their NGOs some time back).

About refuelling - I belive to & from will not be more than 650 to 700kms, my darling can manage that at one shot

Last edited by asdon : 14th February 2012 at 19:50.
Old 14th February 2012, 20:22   #335
BHPian

Quote:

Do we really need to enter Hassan city and get stuck?? Any good ones on the highway? Any trusted petrol pumps that we can stop at near Chikmagalur like Shell/Reliance? While going on saturday, only Aditya, ku69rd and rk_sans might need to do a pitstop on the way to CKM. Rest of us cars can manage fine, my only doubt is about the E220 of floyd bell

The last time I refueled on this stretch was at an IndianOil pump some 1km away from Belur temple, but that was a small one.
Guys, I agree with most comments on tanking up in Bangalore itself. In case that is not possible, there is a huge BP outlet just before Kunigal (~18-20 kms from the Nelamangala junction). On the way back there is one good IOC and HP fuel station each on the outskirts of Ckm. That should take care of the cars.
For the bikes, options could be in C'patna, Hassan - here too one doesn't have to stray into the town and later in Ckm.

Btw - I happened to notice the post on meeting points. Wanted to know if there is someone I can join in with, since I'll be the only one in my car?
Old 14th February 2012, 22:03   #336
BHPian

Ah! So things heat up again after a lull
@RoyalCruiser - a big thanks for the heads-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Do carry at least a couple of torches, just in case of emergency.

Keep Avomine tablets handy - Ckm onwards we'll have plenty of twisties with ups and downs!

Hmm, have penned in all that I could think of.
Yes, important to have all the necessary preparations done before start of the trip. The following post started by @Technocrat is very useful: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html (A Guide on Essentials of a Long Drive)

While we are only going on a short trip, some of the items listed are essential
Old 14th February 2012, 23:49   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
While on my previous visit to Sringeri, I did find a decent IOC inside Hassan. We should not need fuel when going, but can stop by on the return. This bunk is somewhere between the DC office & the BSNL office.
As you said good petrol bunk at hassan is as mentioned above. Others are not good with quality. One at Belur circle is also good, it comes on the way.

Or maybe thinking of Petrol bunk(company operated) is it better to stop at Kamat hotel at CR patna itself instead of mayura . Those who want to refill can also do here, so that we have only one stop before we reach the resort.

Kamat hotel has coffee day and petrol bunk, and also opposite to Kamat there is one more restaurant which i heard is good and better than kamat.

Last edited by shamanth : 14th February 2012 at 23:53.
Old 15th February 2012, 00:40   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Rest of us cars can manage fine, my only doubt is about the E220 of floyd bell
"Kitna Deti Hain??"
But, I believe I do have the largest tank capacity of all cars, so in that sense I should be fine
Anyways, jokes apart, I might refill once at Hassan/Belur/Ckm while going. Since you never know how much we might roam around once we reach the resort.
Old 15th February 2012, 11:54   #339
Senior - BHPian

@floyd bell - Kitna Deti Hai? just out of curiosity my other doubts on the E220 I will ask during the trip

In other news, toll collection begins for the Nelamangala - Bellur cross stretch, according to this post. Cost is Rs. 52/- for 2 way toll.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2681084 (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)

Guys, any pre-decided stopping / photoshoot points apart from Mayura (breakfast) restaurant? What if some car(s) miss the convoy when they stop somewhere to take photos or for other unknown reasons , where do we all regroup once again before CKM / Hassan?

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th February 2012 at 12:05.
Old 15th February 2012, 12:57   #340
BHPian

Quote:
@floyd bell - Kitna Deti Hai? just out of curiosity my other doubts on the E220 I will ask during the trip
I will clarify all your doubts including the very obvious "Kitna Deti Hain?" during the trip itself, if you don't mind
Old 15th February 2012, 13:29   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, any pre-decided stopping / photoshoot points apart from Mayura (breakfast) restaurant? What if some car(s) miss the convoy when they stop somewhere to take photos or for other unknown reasons , where do we all regroup once again before CKM / Hassan?
Will advice against too many breaks before we cross Hassan, by this we will be late to reach the resort. One stop at Mayura, then one after Hassan will be good, then take 2/3 stops before & after Chikmagalur is my view. If we all reach the meeting point at NH48 in time and we have enough time on hand then we can decide on extra breaks. As long as possible we will try to keep the convoy intact, a constant 80-90kmph speed will keep everyone happy I guess. And if anyone goes missing, he can call anyone one of us, I will bring 19 set of contact information sheet with me and distribute before we start.

OT: I am thinking of taking friday off, to be sure I am not late on arrival , gearing up for the D day slowly.
Old 15th February 2012, 17:28   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One stop at Mayura, then one after Hassan will be good, then take 2/3 stops before & after Chikmagalur is my view. If we all reach the meeting point at NH48 in time and we have enough time on hand then we can decide on extra breaks.
Asdon,
Suggest we take only a single break upon reaching Mayura. There is a CCD just prior to it with a HP Petrol Bunk. Have filled my bike many a times in there and petrol is of decent quality. If people do miss it then the next option would be to fill up at channarayapatna where you have the Kamat.
Way back we can stop over at Channarayapatna for refuelling.
Also would suggest a stop where we regroup before proceeding to the destination. Ideally the regroup spot should be around 30 kms before the destination. And yes it will be a good idea to share the contact number sheet. Since we are 3 motorcyclists one copy should be good for us(save paper).

Hotel Mayura is roughly at a distance of 75 kms from Nelamangala deviation.
Channarayapatna petrol bunk is a further 70 kms from Hotel Mayura.
So people who want to time their refilling can plan it aptly.
Ideally speaking one full tank should be sufficient for cars.
Old 15th February 2012, 17:54   #343
BHPian

Quote:
As long as possible we will try to keep the convoy intact, a constant 80-90kmph speed will keep everyone happy I guess.
I hope nobody decides to do a gumball or cannonball

-Sajan
Old 15th February 2012, 22:26   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Channarayapatna petrol bunk is a further 70 kms from Hotel Mayura.
Its around 50 km from Mayura, Since Hassan is 80 kms from Bellur cross. I am talking about Kamat hotel petrol bunk. This can be made as 2nd pitstop for regrouping, and people can refresh also. Since after kamat, there is no decent place till chikmagalur where we will have access to rest rooms.

Last edited by shamanth : 15th February 2012 at 22:31.
Old 16th February 2012, 08:01   #345
Senior - BHPian

Updating the meting points list with leftover members, assuming they are joining at final meeting point (NH48 turning). Also removed NH4 - Nice road exit from the points list since no one was joining there.

HSR IndianOil pump (4.45 am):
Schoudhury - maroon Ritz
Alter_Ego - white Safari
CorsaLove - silver i20

IIMB, Bannerghatta road (5 am):
ssjr0498 - honda city
KarthikK - black Linea T-Jet
Nikhilb2008 - White Honda Civic (mostly) or Red Hyundai Getz

NICE Bannerghatta road entry point (5.15 am):
guyfrmblr - black i20 crdi
asdon - red punto

NICE Kanakapura road entry point: (5:25 AM)

Shamanth - ANHC

NH 4 - NH 48 intersection (final meeting point): (6.15am)
aviorp - Black Scorpio
floyd.bell - Silver W124 E220
chetan_l - Chevy Optra (black)
KiloAlpha - Figo
n_aditya - Ninja 250
ku69rd - FZ1
rk_sans - CBR250R
shishir_bn - Xylo
sajands + Condor - Verna
royalcruiser - white Punto
arin_12 - Fusion

If anyone else who did tatkal booking is left out , please add your name to the list

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th February 2012 at 08:04.
Closed Thread