Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 15:12   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 956 Times
Default Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Hi there Bhpians,

After after our Igatpuri drive are you all still wanting another drive?

If yes, how about a drive to Bhandardara Dam/Wilson Dam, Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra on 28 Jan 2012.

Starting a new thread for the same reason. Please put forward your name.
The meeting point would be the same Jupiter Hospital as in previous meet.

To go to Bhandardara dam its via NH3 till Shahapur and from there on SH44. Distance is 118 Km from Jupiter hospital.

The brain idea for Bhandardara Dam is of ravinayar so due credit to him. Thanks.


Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 19th January 2012 at 15:14.
el lobo 6061 is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 15:28   #2
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Why not re-schedule it to next month? Why on a Saturday?
F50 is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 15:34   #3
Newbie
 
ravinayar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 29 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Hi there Bhpians,

After after our Igatpuri drive are you all still wanting another drive?

If yes, how about a drive to Bhandardara Dam/Wilson Dam, Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra on 28 Jan 2012.

Starting a new thread for the same reason. Please put forward your name.
The meeting point would be the same Jupiter Hospital as in previous meet.
I hope this get-together and drive materializes. It would be awesome, some nice highway driving and a bit of offbeat driving through the picturesque villages . I am in and am putting my name in the list,

1. ravinayar
ravinayar is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 16:18   #4
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 207 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

I just realised that good friend and fellow Member Parag.Sachania is driving to Mumbai on that weekend. So can't join this folks.

Also the month of february is a busy one for me. First weekend am out of town on work. Second weekend is a planned t-bhp meet in Pune (mostly Pawana). Please do check the thread there. The next weekend am off to Sringeri.

Last weekend is kept as reserve day for Velas festival.

So all guys enjoy!
MX6 is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 20:14   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 279 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Why not re-schedule it to next month? Why on a Saturday?
Yes , even I would like it to happen on Sunday, let's start very early and come back at decent hrs.
It will include drive lunch and evening tea.

I was just going through Bhandarwada details.It is 185 kms from mumbai, it is HILLSTATION. Nasik Road to be taken to reach Ghoti village on Mumbai Nasik Road, turn to small road to Bhandawada. Restaurants are very few, one MTDC resort sort of thing is there.Mostly varan bhat is offered , vada pao,usal pao etc are offered by roadside stalls. Non veg food is to be ordered but takes time to prepare.Items are very spicy and they are to be told to relax on Mirchi. Fresh fish is also cooked at times.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2012 at 21:29.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 20:34   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 956 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Why not re-schedule it to next month? Why on a Saturday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Yes , even I would like it to happen on Sunday, let's start very early and come back at decent hrs.
It will include drive lunch and evening tea.
Veerji & F50 I'm going out on 29 Jan and would be returning on 8 Feb, so one reason I didn't want to miss this.

We can even rescheduled it to 19 Feb 2012, keeping in mind on 12 Feb 12 there is a Pune meet. What do you all suggest?
el lobo 6061 is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 20:40   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 279 Times
Smile re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Veerji & F50 I'm going out on 29 Jan and would be returning on 8 Feb, so one reason I didn't want to miss this.

We can even rescheduled it to 19 Feb 2012, keeping in mind on 12 Feb 12 there is a Pune meet. What do you all suggest?
Lets keep for 19th,there will be enough time for the guys to plan accordingly for this meet,we may also have plenty of comments views. Regards.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 20:41   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 75
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

I would like to join this drive, preferably on 28 Jan. This will be my first trip with the team, and I hope to meet some legends like HVK!

There is also Anandvan Resort. I have stayed there a few days, have a post on it in teamBHP. Food is good, if a trifle expensive.

MTDC resort - I encountered a lot of filth right from the point on the road opp Anandvan, where you turn in to go to MTDC. Probably Enough to colour my opinion of the place.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
I was just going through Bhandarwada details.It is 185 kms from mumbai, it is HILLSTATION. Route is reach Ghoti village on Mumbai Nasik Road, turn to small road to Bhandawada. Restaurants are very few, one MTDC resort sort of thing is there.Mostly varan bhat is offered , vada pao,usal pao etc are offered by roadside stalls. Non veg food is to be ordered but takes time to prepare.Items are very spicy and they are to be told to relax on Mirchi. Fresh fish is also cooked at times.......

Last edited by karthik_rao : 19th January 2012 at 20:45. Reason: Inserted date preference.
karthik_rao is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 21:00   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 956 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Lets keep for 19th,there will be enough time for the guys to plan accordingly for this meet,we may also have plenty of comments views. Regards.
Looking at the response it seems it would be nice idea to reschedule it to 19 Feb 2012. Will ask the mods to change the title.

Veerji the route through Ghoti Village will allow us to enjoy Kasara Ghats once again instead going through SH44.


Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao View Post
There is also Anandvan Resort. I have stayed there a few days, have a post on it in teamBHP. Food is good, if a trifle expensive.

MTDC resort - I encountered a lot of filth right from the point on the road opp Anandvan, where you turn in to go to MTDC. Probably Enough to colour my opinion of the place.
Karthik thanks a lot for the valuable information. I don't want to sound like party spoiler but it seems with the recent meet on 15 Jan 12 everyone is tired.

We shall reschedule the meet on 19 Feb 2012 which would give us enough time to make all the necessary arrangements and everyone would be desperate for a drive by then.
You would be able to give us a head start in deciding the location for lunch as you have already went to that place recently.
el lobo 6061 is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 21:40   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,345 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Just a small clarification - to go to Bhandardara, you have to go via Igatpuri-Ghoti. There is no public road from Shahpur although there is indeed a SH44 marked in Google Maps.

In case you have any doubt, you can check out with NomadAbhi, he has tried going that way.
hvkumar is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 22:00   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 279 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Looking at the response it seems it would be nice idea to reschedule it to 19 Feb 2012. Will ask the mods to change the title.

Veerji the route through Ghoti Village will allow us to enjoy Kasara Ghats once again instead going through SH44.



Karthik thanks a lot for the valuable information. I don't want to sound like party spoiler but it seems with the recent meet on 15 Jan 12 everyone is tired.

We shall reschedule the meet on 19 Feb 2012 which would give us enough time to make all the necessary arrangements and everyone would be desperate for a drive by then.
You would be able to give us a head start in deciding the location for lunch as you have already went to that place recently.
Yes dear, you are right, the details I saw hrs ago says same that we will witness good locales on the way from Ghoti to the venue.
The only problem point seems to be the KHANA. As the details I got says the place still dont have good food joints.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline  
Old 19th January 2012, 23:14   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,561
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Please count me in be it 28th Jan or 19th Feb. Could not make it to the Oye Punjabi meet. Will definetly make it this time.

Bharath - Need a Ride - Malad east/Oberoi Mall/mutually convenient place
scopriobharath is offline  
Old 20th January 2012, 08:46   #13
BHPian
 
EagleEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 378
Thanked: 266 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

I might be in for saturday but not for Sunday. Too many sunday chores....
EagleEye is offline  
Old 20th January 2012, 09:14   #14
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Just a small clarification - to go to Bhandardara, you have to go via Igatpuri-Ghoti. There is no public road from Shahpur although there is indeed a SH44 marked in Google Maps.

In case you have any doubt, you can check out with NomadAbhi, he has tried going that way.
That is true. I planned that route

Most of (or should I say almost all) Dam entries are restricted after the Mumbai bomb blasts. Have faced it with recent visit to Tansa/Bhatsa.

So even with Bhandardhara, civilians are not allowed to cross the dam (only village people are allowed).

The only way to reach Bhandardhara from Nahik Highway is via Ghoti.

Also consider the road condition to be less than average. (kind of Kaas to Bamnoli - for those who have been there on meet)

If you guys are planning this to be a whole day event and dont mind driving (twisties), I would suggest the parikrama (round route).

Padgha - Ghoti

Road conditions are excellent

Ghoti - Bhandardhara

single lane road in average condition. Also there are 2 ways from Ghoti. One were you will have to go through the Ghoti Town. The other is bypassing Ghoti. (if you going from Mumbai, the bypass comes first.)

From Bhandardhara you can decide to return via Malshej-Kalyan via Otur (or Kotul/Sarni).
nomadabhi is offline  
Old 20th January 2012, 09:59   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 279 Times
Default re: Mumbai Meet: 4th March, 2012 : Bhandardara Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
That is true. I planned that route

Most of (or should I say almost all) Dam entries are restricted after the Mumbai bomb blasts. Have faced it with recent visit to Tansa/Bhatsa.

So even with Bhandardhara, civilians are not allowed to cross the dam (only village people are allowed).

The only way to reach Bhandardhara from Nahik Highway is via Ghoti.

Also consider the road condition to be less than average. (kind of Kaas to Bamnoli - for those who have been there on meet)

If you guys are planning this to be a whole day event and dont mind driving (twisties), I would suggest the parikrama (round route).

Padgha - Ghoti

Road conditions are excellent

Ghoti - Bhandardhara

single lane road in average condition. Also there are 2 ways from Ghoti. One were you will have to go through the Ghoti Town. The other is bypassing Ghoti. (if you going from Mumbai, the bypass comes first.)

From Bhandardhara you can decide to return via Malshej-Kalyan via Otur (or Kotul/Sarni).
In that case what is correct calculated kms on this route from Jupitar hospital ?. Jupitar hospital is going to become our MEETING point in future meets, if the meets are taking place in central part towards Nasik, similar to our another meeting point like Mac at kalomboli.. whenever we are having a meet towards pune side.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai GTO The Indian Car Scene 27 2nd November 2012 21:12
VCCCI Vintage Car Fiesta Mumbai - 4th March 2012 karlosdeville Vintage Cars & Classics in India 93 11th October 2012 11:59
SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012 Mad Monkey The Indian Car Scene 91 3rd May 2012 17:22
Mumbai - Pune - Mulshi Dam - Raigad - Murud Janjira - Mumbai jimmy_iaf Travelogues 8 10th August 2009 18:10
Mumbai meet on 4th August for Tokyo Drift viper The Team-BHP Meet Section 20 4th August 2006 13:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks