Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 30th October 2006, 16:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker
if any one of you have a lap watch ... please do bring it...just in case.
Geez, looks like this is gonna be another F&F edition: The Fast & the Furious Part IV Rajarhat Rollick!!

You guys look like you may need a G Tech for more accurate timings
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 16:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Geez, looks like this is gonna be another F&F edition: The Fast & the Furious Part IV Rajarhat Rollick!!

You guys look like you may need a G Tech for more accurate timings
naaah! i think i would stick to "fast" -> i would prefer my ride to be fast but not furious. i dont support street racing. my ride cant match up to the present advanced speed machines but my baby is definitely fast IMO.

i can only match up to 1100D's ride...thats it. being fast is ok but being furious is not appreciated IMO.

@suman - i guess you will be here in December and that Rudra Senz coming we can gather somewhere in December and look forward for a gala meet. in the mean time you can ask your friend in Kolkata to tune up your car in Kolkata so that she can join us then.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 21:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

FnF Rajarhat Rollick! what a great idea.

Shooting gleaming cars in direct overhead Sunlight is a greater idea!

@Planet please recall at the turn around point there were cops, only thing before they could decipher my car was gone, moreover Rajarhat stretch is notorious for flying cattle.So if it is any event where the cars have to do some antics it better have the logistics defined first. Like I said earlier, one or two cars is fine. For the meet lets meet like good sober guys have lunch and go back. For advanced driving shows, lets find a suitable venue. We have to.

Does anyone know of any track or airstrip (say behala flying club) in kolkata that can be rented for the purpose?
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 01:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

@1100D - its ok man....i admit that when i said our cars smoked each other, it actually didnt happen that way. like i said you car is what i look forward to and its a better car in terms of the way you have maintained it. i will make the changes ASAP.

till the next time take care and drive safe. i will catch you later tomorrow morning.
Old 31st October 2006, 11:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in the mean time you can ask your friend in Kolkata to tune up your car in Kolkata so that she can join us then.
If she hasn't been junked by then.....I have a nasty feeling she will be ; hasn't been used in a couple of years I think
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 12:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

@planet .. got your message. Your plan

venue: in front of WIPRO (near Rajarhat intersection)(just after crossing Nicco Park)

lunch @: Tangra (any restaurant)

Time: 11:30am onwards (i guess it ok...what say?)

This is fine with me and I believe also for @1100D. @razor , are you ok with this ?
@indrajit, please confirm .. have lost your cell number - it was in the cell that went kaput over the weekend. Sending you a PM and a mail just in case.

shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 12:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

sounds gud to me... let's make it final then...
- meet at wipro (past the front gate, where all the company cars are parked) @11.30 on Sunday 5th Nov. initial intro's etc...
- drive around a bit... rajarhat rd -> vip rd (via flyover) -> back to rajarhat rd -> bypass -> tangra for lunch
- lunch, booze (optional)
- if ppl have enthu after that, round things off with another drive, maybe ajc bose rd flyover, red road...
sound good?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 14:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

@razor - i am game for anything. but what to do after we gather in front of wipro can be fixed on the same day itself. but i would suggest a small drive around Rajarhat and then game for some place where we can hang-out (tangra / city centre / Sanjha Chula / Opium) for lunch.

guys spoke to indrajitrc a few minutes back and he is game for the plan.

lets make this final. what say?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 31st October 2006 at 14:45.
Old 31st October 2006, 15:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Done .. so as of now the 5 of us are meeting in front of Wipro at 11:30 this Sunday.

Any one else who may read this thread during the next few days and wants to join is welcome to do so .. 'tis sad that @SP_Kolkata, the thread originator is missing ..
Old 31st October 2006, 15:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

@shuvc - yeah you said it. he is the thread originator. guess what he infact started two threads for this meet. this is the one that clicked. he should have been here. i have pm-ed him before but he hasnt replied. :(

like shuvc said - anyone else who reads this thread is most welcome to join us.

time: 11.30am
venue: in front of wipro.

but how do we know who's who? i mean there will many cars in front of WIPRO.???
Old 31st October 2006, 16:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but how do we know who's who? i mean there will many cars in front of WIPRO.???
Yep .. but how many Black Padmini's will be there ?
Old 31st October 2006, 21:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc

Yep .. but how many Black Padmini's will be there ?
What is the criteria, black or Padmini! I have one meeting each one of these, but unfortunately dont have one meeting both. I guess black mixed on emerald green would qualify the 1100d as black isn't it?!!

I will call u guys.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 22:28   #58
Team-BHP Support

Looks like you guys are serious. Good. Check out the places for good food. Good whiskey is must for me...life is for living..you know.

I stay in south most part of the city known as Tollygunge (Golf Club Road). Let me know the best joint to meet you guys and take off from there..

I'm bogged down with whole host of shiitttyy work till the end of this month. Will let you guys know well in advance about my visit in Calcutta (sorry Kolkata) in December.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2006, 01:01   #59
Team-BHP Support

Dhatt tere ki.... u guys r doing it in Nov?!! Chalo koi baat nahi. I will be there in kolkata in Dec... end.

Rudra-da is also landing up eh?! Gr8... What dada... cld not u have been there during new year? It would have been major fun then.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2006, 10:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

hey guys! dont worry! we will be organizing "The Gala Kolkata - Team BHP Meet" in december itself. when all of you guys will be here - @ Rudra Da, @ Zappo, @ Suman.

i am sure that Kolkata meet will definitely rock in december. no whisky for me. i am a hardcore "Rum Bhakt" and "Beer Lover".

@ indrajitr and @ Rudra Da - i guess you guys stay in the same area - tollygunge.

i am definitely looking forward for the meet on sunday.