Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where would you like this Mega meet to be held? (Multiple choice poll)
NH1 around Karnal 12 34.29%
NH1 but somewhere closer 16 45.71%
NH8 12 34.29%
Within the city limits 10 28.57%
I have a better suggestion 0 0%
I may not be able to join anywhere 1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2012, 21:11   #46
BHPian

Default Re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet! EDIT: Poll Added, Please Vote.

Reposting updated list.

1. Sameerg001 ✓
2. Bandhav ✓
3. BlueVolt (will confirm closer to the date)
4. Akshay4587 (?)
5. Raviacc2825✓
6. Beast_within✓
7. Varunsonu✓
8. V&V✓
9. amit_2025✓
10. Jacksons (?)
11. Mjumrani (?)
12. Anshuman ✓
13. eg24✓
14. nottobesaid✓
15. wanderernomad(?)
16. Aberry✓
17. Mayankk✓
18. jhaji (?)
19. drmohitg (will confirm closer to the date)
20. roy_libran (will confirm closer to the date)
21. varunsonu ✓
22. phamilyman (?)
23. carrazy (?)
24. kamal.sn ((will confirm closer to the date)
25. bloodred (will confirm closer to the date)
Old 26th March 2012, 22:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Just a suggestion-Sukhdev is horribly crowded 24X7-and with bhpians turning up in at least 15 cars,parking is going to be a big mess.
I suggest that we meet up at Pind Baluchi-its on right side when coming towards murthal from delhi-just opposite to Haveli,or we can meet up at Haveli,park our rides,then decide on a place to sit and eat.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

Anyone goin from dwarka, janakpuri area ??
Old 27th March 2012, 00:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Anyone goin from dwarka, janakpuri area ??
coolboy007(Rajat) stays in Dwarka but he has not yet replied on this thread regarding his participation status.
Old 27th March 2012, 00:29   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Just a suggestion-Sukhdev is horribly crowded 24X7-and with bhpians turning up in at least 15 cars,parking is going to be a big mess.
I suggest that we meet up at Pind Baluchi-its on right side when coming towards murthal from delhi-just opposite to Haveli,or we can meet up at Haveli,park our rides,then decide on a place to sit and eat.
I think Haveli is better. I love the place and the whole ambiance there. The parking too should not be an issue with them.
On the other hand Sukhdev has its own charm. Plus the open air set up gives you a lot of freedom to chat without creating a nuisance for others. One can always find parking there. I just came back after having some yummy Alu parathas and as usual the drive was awesome. Surprised to see they serve maggie too.. Who in there right mind would order that at Sukhdev?

Edit: Hey BTW what about this WEEKEND?

Last edited by drmohitg : 27th March 2012 at 00:31.
Old 27th March 2012, 02:06   #51
BHPian

Count me in. I am sonipat resident and can book tables in advance at sukhdev or at haveli. But I would suggest a better venue Kanak Garden. Here we all can stretch ourselves and will have all the privacy away from the crowded other two venues. Also to add that the food quality is better than haveli. It has large enough sitting area at its restaurant and even have games like snooker etc. to get involved. Also there is a nice garden where we all can enjoy. (it's a recommendation from a local and it can't go wrong )
EDIT : Just noticed that members are looking forward to have paranthas. So my above suggestion can be dropped. But I can try to reserve tables at any of the venue that has consensus here.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 27th March 2012 at 02:20.
Old 27th March 2012, 09:40   #52
BHPian

Sukhdev is crowded because of taxis who apparently get commission from the particular dhaba. Others like pahalwan or ahuja no 1 are much better in taste & hygiene and are less crowded.
Old 27th March 2012, 09:51   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Well if Hygiene is a concern then one can also consider Haveli. Its a very good place with decent food and a rich ambiance.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

I would have loved to join this meet, but if it is planned for 8th April, I would not be able to join - I am going to Amritsar on the 7th and 8th April.

Hope you have great time and look forward to joining next time.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 27th March 2012, 11:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Let me know the date first. I will decide on that basis since my exams are going on right now!

Venue is not a concern for me.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:38   #56
BHPian

Cool Re: The Mega Delhi-NCR Team-BHP Meet! EDIT: Poll Added, Please Vote.

Just a suggestion:

The BEST place in Murthal is Haveli (a unit of Jalandhar haveli). Parking is not a problem. All the area is neat and clean including toilets. You have outdoor sitting for snacks and lunch / dinner is served inside the restaurant. There is always heavy rush and too much noise at Sukhdev dhaba so interaction with each other will not be proper. Haveli has got better hygienic food than Sukhdev.

Depending upon the numbers, you can book the first floor area in Haveli, where I have seen private parties being organized. Team BHPians can easily interact with other in a peaceful ambiance. Anybody can call them and inquire about further details:

Here is the website link for Haveli Murthal: Murthal Haveli - A Unique Theme Resort is part of Punjab's culture where warm hospitality is a way of its life and tradition.

Haveli Group - Contact Persons:
General Manager : +91-97288 77000
Duty Manager : +91-97288 55000
Email : info@haveliheritage.net

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 27th March 2012 at 13:39.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the venue, IMO first we should catch up on the highway and then decide the venue there itself.

And for a time being lets just keep sukhdev or havele as finalized places for the meet for the information of members.

Date is finalized i.e 8th april (sunday), venue sukhdev or haveli on NH1, rest we will decide when we catch up on 8th.

But what about the time ?

IMO Lets meet on highway @9 AM, what say ?

Regards
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 27th March 2012 at 13:41.
Old 27th March 2012, 14:23   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,

I think we need a grip on things:
a. Organizer - there is none, just a whole bunch of well meaning advise. Someone has to take the lead and put it together. Even flash mobs have a central organizer - its clearly not bluevolt - whose THAT guy?

b. Then that guy has to decide on location - more than parking or food, I think it should be something like a self-serve mc donalds (I honestly think all these regular tourist places are downright expensive if the organizer foots the leftover bills in the end, and you often cannot negotiate a per-head charge either). You need a person with limited business but good seating capacity (so sukhdev is out) so you guys can talk.

c. Lastly, at venue logistics - we have nice Gurgaon meets simply because we're 6-10 people everytime. This mega meet will need some thought around that aspect as well. Bear in mind, some may be folks who've had limited offline interaction so plan that well (maybe badges with name tag?). How/when do you take the group photo/ park your cars accordingly etc - just give those things a thought.
Old 27th March 2012, 14:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Count me in. I am sonipat resident and can book tables in advance at sukhdev or at haveli. But I would suggest a better venue Kanak Garden. Here we all can stretch ourselves and will have all the privacy away from the crowded other two venues. Also to add that the food quality is better than haveli. It has large enough sitting area at its restaurant and even have games like snooker etc. to get involved. Also there is a nice garden where we all can enjoy. (it's a recommendation from a local and it can't go wrong )
EDIT : Just noticed that members are looking forward to have paranthas. So my above suggestion can be dropped. But I can try to reserve tables at any of the venue that has consensus here.
Hey Rohit that's so nice of you. Your presence will be very helpful for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Sukhdev is crowded because of taxis who apparently get commission from the particular dhaba. Others like pahalwan or ahuja no 1 are much better in taste & hygiene and are less crowded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well if Hygiene is a concern then one can also consider Haveli. Its a very good place with decent food and a rich ambiance.
Once you reach Murthal you have all the options - be it Sukhdev, Ahuja, Pind Balluchi or Haveli. But many members have suggested Haveli which also gets a +1 from my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Let me know the date first. I will decide on that basis since my exams are going on right now!

Venue is not a concern for me.
Date is 8th April Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Date is finalized i.e 8th april (sunday), venue sukhdev or haveli on NH1, rest we will decide when we catch up on 8th.

But what about the time ?

IMO Lets meet on highway @9 AM, what say ?
I think 10-11AM should be fine for all.

Reposting updated list.

1. Sameerg001 ✓
2. Bandhav ✓
3. BlueVolt (will confirm closer to the date)
4. Akshay4587 (?)
5. Raviacc2825✓
6. Beast_within✓
7. Varunsonu✓
8. V&V✓
9. amit_2025✓
10. Jacksons (?)
11. Mjumrani (?)
12. Anshuman ✓
13. eg24✓
14. nottobesaid✓
15. wanderernomad(?)
16. Aberry✓
17. Mayankk✓
18. jhaji (?)
19. drmohitg (will confirm closer to the date)
20. roy_libran (will confirm closer to the date)
21. varunsonu ✓
22. phamilyman (?)
23. carrazy (?)
24. kamal.sn ((will confirm closer to the date)
25. bloodred (will confirm closer to the date)
26. Rohitbagai ✓
27. Behemoth X
28. Ace_F355 (?)
29. Irish (?)
Old 27th March 2012, 17:48   #60
v&v
Senior - BHPian

@phamilyman - Very valid points. Large gathering should be organised properly otherwise it will be messy.

@all - IMO the timing should be as early as possible, so that the whole of Sunday is not consumed for the meet. Also lesser traffic and more over one can enjoy the ride till Sonepat .
Closed Thread