Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 16th April 2012, 22:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hello Kolkata Team Bhpians--I hate you guys!! Because every time you people plan a meet its either my exams, or well, it is always my exams. I am so excited for a meet. Please plan something after the 17th of MAY. I have missed the last 3 meets due to this.
After 17th sounds good. My exams finish on 15th.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 23:11   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
After 17th sounds good. My exams finish on 15th.
Then please lets plan a long highway drive. I am itching to get my "virgin" i-catcher on the highway.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 23:27   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatadutta View Post
Hello @everyone, there's a particular stretch in New Town / Rajarhat that is a wonderful drive and has been nicknamed Maut ka Kua by our FDSUVE characteristically due to its low / no lighting conditions. A convoy of Bhpians driving down a predetermined route starting there and then onto E.M Byepass passing Science City, Tangra, Bridge No. 4, Zeeshan, (the tarmac from here is nicknamed F1) A.J.C Road Flyover, Turf Club, Vidya Sagar Setu, Princep Ghat, Eden Gardens, Red Road, Park Street, Ballygunje Circular Road Sharma's / Azad Hind Dhaba. Whoa!! If thats not enough then we continue on Gariahat, Southern Avenue, Menaka Cinema, S. P Mukherjee Road, Anwar Shah, South City, back on the E.M Byepass, Highland Park-U-Turn, Ruby, Parama Island, ITC Hotel, time to go HOME. At the dead of the night the roads shall be quite empty and our road manners however impeccable shall be put to test. Just a rough idea for a city drive n meet. What say members??
@swagatadutta - Wow, fantastic idea! not able to find the Thanks button, Thanks for this post.

Best time to drive within Calcutta.

Sharing small info related to this on my recent drive 2wks back -

11:30pm park st. - theatre rd. - maidan area (including Red Rd.) - PTS - 2nd bridge - kona exp.way - stuck in truck traffic - u-turn - back to Calcutta - alipore - taj (only coffee shop open, recent orders? may be!) - chetla - rashbehari - dp park - gariahat - ballygunge phari - dinner at Azad hind @BC road (few yrs ago hardly any place inside the restaurant this time, but now, AH was almost empty and could easily manage a table inside the restaurant, 1:15am) - B.Phari - gariahat - home : No issues with KP, empty roads, cool temp. fantastic drive.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 23:08   #124
BHPian

Today I decided to upload the one and only picture which I clicked at the meet. Sorry for the late submission but I forgot all about the picture and it was lying in my phone. Looking forward to the next upcoming event.
Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2-imag0080.jpg
Fortunately my car was placed first when this photo was taken.

Last edited by rahul4640 : 7th May 2012 at 23:11.
rahul4640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 00:30   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Do we plan to have another meet or is everybody down with the heat wave? I am in for weekends before 10th June, preferably a late evening drive to beat the heat.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 01:21   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Do we plan to have another meet or is everybody down with the heat wave? I am in for weekends before 10th June, preferably a late evening drive to beat the heat.
I am in. Lets do it.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 07:34   #127
Senior - BHPian

Can't be part of this meet. Leaving Kol this Friday. :(
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 02:19   #128

Smile Re: Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2

I just joined the forum (till now i have been the "addicted guest"). It would be great if a new meet is planned. Monsoon is almost here and it would be a wonderful drive.
tupai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:40   #129
BHPian

April meet redux, The monsoon meet is here. Please post away your confirmations at this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...er-2012-a.html (Kolkata Monsoon Meet 16th September 2012)
premjit is offline   Reply With Quote