Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: My choices for this Mega Meet are:
16th June 31 56.36%
23rd June 19 34.55%
30th June 14 25.45%
7th July 11 20.00%
14th July 12 21.82%
Dinner Only 40 72.73%
Dinner + Overnight Stay 11 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th June 2012, 11:08   #346
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba

I had the time of my life guys. My first Team BHP meet. Great to meet all of you guys.

On my way back to Pune, i saw an SLS AMG and Z4 35i! Here's a link to the pics!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...mega-meet.html (SLS AMG and Z4 35i (Post Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet))
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 11:57   #347
BHPian

Looks like I missed an awesome meet...
Hope to make it for the next one
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 12:10   #348
BHPian

Awesome meet as usual! Special thanks to throttleking and Ashish Pallod, who year after year have taken up the mantle of organising the Mumbai-Pune Mega Meets and being the most gracious hosts!

It was great to meet so many of old friends and making new ones!

agnagpur, yogesh nagpal, coriollis, MonaroCV-8, Noopster, GTO, 1Self, honeybee & wife, Iqbal Veerji & Son, and a few others whose handles I can't remember at present, It was wonderful meeting you all.

F1fan, parimal_g, anilisanil, great meeting you guys again! F1fan, hope the damage to car is not much! parimal_g, make a quick decision on the car. anilisanil, sorry couldn't chat much, will catch up with you soon!

MX6 was wonderful meeting you after a long time and an absolute delight interacting with your little one!

WomanonWheels great seeing you again, and this time with the added bonus of meeting adorable Ethan!

Kalti.com gang Guys great seeing you again. Dan, KSM-Vtec, anku, Yogen, Chetan, Monty, Doctorque, lets keep the daily meets going guys!

HVK Sir & Gostelji, it was an honour to be in your company!

Good that all the members of the IPHE Mumbai chapter were present, barring no_enthu_da!

All in all a fantastic meet, great people, lovely cars, superb food, great ambience!
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 12:34   #349
Team-BHP Support

It was a memorable megameet, as always. Kudos to throttleking and Ashish Pallod for organising and being the life of the party (not necessarily in that order!)

Met some old faces and a lot of new ones. Made an entrance quite late since a lot of us were working on Saturday. Most of the Mumbai gang and a lot of the Punekars were ready to leave when we arrived. Still managed to meet a few of them, which was great.

womanonwheels- nice meeting up. Ethan is adorable.
akshay1234- Having read all your ownership threads avidly, was nice to finally meet up.
BolBolero- looking different with the haircut!
HVK- introduced wow to me and then ran away making explosive noises ( ). Caught up later- nice to meet you finally!
F1fan, Yogesh Nagpal, Danlalan (+9!), Doctorque, MX6, honeybee, coriollis-
nice to make your acquaintance and put faces/voices to the names!
I spotted Iqbal Veerji at a table when we entered (recognised from pics of another meet) but you must have left shortly after. Sorry to have missed you, next time then!
Usual Pune gang members who ecaped early- anilisanil, Scofield etc. NOT DONE! We need to have another meet now

Last edited by noopster : 20th June 2012 at 15:27. Reason: Adding names as I remember them!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 12:43   #350
Senior - BHPian

Looks like another hit mega meet! I was feeling a bit low at missing out on this one due to some personal priorities, but the pictures brought back memories of last years mega meet. I hope the rest of the attendees have more pics and anecdotes to share with us absentees.

+1 on organising efforts AP bhau & TK v. anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Usual Pune gang members who ecaped early- anilisanil, Scofield etc. NOT DONE! We need to have another meet now
Lets implement! monsoon is here and calling out for drive meets.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 12:49   #351
BHPian

Great guys, Great Food, Awesome cars with an Awesome soundtrack, Awesome weather, loved every moment of it. Thank You Ashish and TK for organising it. Short account of the day from my eyes -

Left from Powai at 3, hoping to catch Bhpians at the EEH-JVLR signal. Reached at 3:20 and waited for half and hour, hoping to sync up with some Bhpians but no avail. Well, Panvel MCD it is then. Set a lesiurley pace and reched there at around 4:45. Interestingly, there was a Golden Micra parked there with the LTD, which didn't come for the meet.

Anyways, a short while lated Shome arrived in his Swift, and while we were comparing the New and Old Swift's, powertrain arrived in his Etios. Then the talk turned to the pains of maintaining Black cars in the monsoons when we saw a Red Cedia turn up. There are some cars that shout Bhpian just by looking at them and sure enough, mandheers, Iqbal Sir and his son turned up. Shortly, f1fan and parimal_g arrived in their Dzire.

Waited for a while to check who was coming, short jaunt down the E-Way, got separated after the toll, rejoined in Lonavala, reached Sunny's in a bit. More bhpians started turning up and the talk turned to street experiences, encounters with cops, an interesting Tata truck doing some deliveries when a beemer turned up, stopped, took a pic of the stickered cars and then parked itself. It was nice to meet Mr. Bhpian himself, GTO, and listen to him talking about the cars. If possible, can you please upload that picture of the cars you took?

Saw some old faces and a lot of new faces. Handles I remember are Shome, powertrain, Iqbal Sir, mandheers, f1fan, parimal_g, Yogesh Nagpal, Coriolis, siddheshbb, F150, throttleking, Aniket Tiwari, Shekhar, thumpingheart...apologies for missing out anyone, I do have a pretty bad memory.

Drive back was made eventful by the rain gods finally opening up and how! Still had old wipers so had to really slow down, and reached back to powai only after 12.

Great Meet, was really nice to see all you guys, looking forward to the next one now!

Edit - Saw two stickered cars who didn't make it to the meet, one Golden Micra at Panvel McD, left before 5, and a red Figo on the Eway, driven by someone who was in a hurry. Any idea about who these guys were?

Last edited by SuperBee : 18th June 2012 at 12:52.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 13:07   #352
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it was an awesome meet. I wish I could have made it.

Waiting for such a meet to be organized soon.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 14:04   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Awesome meet as usual! Special thanks to throttleking and Ashish Pallod, who year after year have taken up the mantle of organising the Mumbai-Pune Mega Meets and being the most gracious hosts!

It was great to meet so many of old friends and making new ones!

agnagpur, yogesh nagpal, coriollis, MonaroCV-8, Noopster, GTO, 1Self, honeybee & wife, Iqbal Veerji & Son, and a few others whose handles I can't remember at present, It was wonderful meeting you all.

F1fan, parimal_g, anilisanil, great meeting you guys again! F1fan, hope the damage to car is not much! parimal_g, make a quick decision on the car. anilisanil, sorry couldn't chat much, will catch up with you soon!

MX6 was wonderful meeting you after a long time and an absolute delight interacting with your little one!

WomanonWheels great seeing you again, and this time with the added bonus of meeting adorable Ethan!

Kalti.com gang Guys great seeing you again. Dan, KSM-Vtec, anku, Yogen, Chetan, Monty, Doctorque, lets keep the daily meets going guys!

HVK Sir & Gostelji, it was an honour to be in your company!

Good that all the members of the IPHE Mumbai chapter were present, barring no_enthu_da!

All in all a fantastic meet, great people, lovely cars, superb food, great ambience!
Sir ji, this meet was first one in which we were not able to sit talk with each other for long time as we used to do earlier.I am sure this is due to night outing we had, everyone of us were in a hurry to head back home due to present latest,weired laws of that cop telling every mumbaikar must go to sleep at 10.30 pm. Sir ji, we reached home at 1.00am. I had taken ride with MANDHEERS ,It was nice to meet him for the first time ,and I was taking lift in his car along with my son and he agreed w/o any hesitation,thats all because we are Team Bhpians.
Sir ji,now it is your turn to make another meet as soon possible happen .Ican give you some idea for the place. Why not go for BTC at vashi.Lunch will be best as we had enjoyed months back.........
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 14:16   #354
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba

Looks like I missed a lot. Great to see that you had a rocking meet Hope to meet everyone in the next such meet now.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 14:53   #355
BHPian

Looks like a missed a big one this time... I can see all of you had an awesome time together & the Cedia vs Sonata battle was epic. Having my own growls & roars at home from my 15 day old baby girl could not leave her behind for the meet. Will make sure she is with me for the next one in 6 months. Cheers guys...
90BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 15:45   #356
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Missed a great opportunity to meet all of you was tentative for this one right from the start due to the date. having attended the last one and on hearing comments about this being an even bigger success makes me regret having not made it possible to attend even more. Hope I can make it next time. Congratulations to the organizers of this one. Thottleking sorry about not responding to the PM on time.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 17:53   #357
BHPian

Thanks TK and AP for organizing such a lovely meet. AP dear, I should have spent some more time chatting with you. Honored to be taken care of by HVK-sir and Bolero-sir. Then there were so many faces seen in previous meets and my good wishes to all of them. Also met up with new faces, especially the bravehearts of IPHE.

Lemme post just one worthy pic I got on behalf of BolBolero-sir and HVK-sir Name:  MegaMeet1.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  102.4 KB
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 23:10   #358
BHPian

I was kicking myself for not being able to make it for this meet... So much so that I even called up Coriollis when the meet was going on just to check up what's happening, the buzz and the noise in the background said it all !!! Missed this one, now eagerly awaiting the next one!! The monsoons are on.. next tapri meet beckons !!!

Last edited by ironshark : 18th June 2012 at 23:14.
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 09:20   #359
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here are some cars from the meet.

Spotted on the way to Sunnys:
Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-20120616-18.37.54-custom.jpg

The parking lot @ 1900 hours:
Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-20120616-19.06.00-custom.jpg

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-20120616-19.10.38-custom.jpg

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-20120616-19.10.52-custom.jpg

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-20120616-19.11.06-custom.jpg
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 17:27   #360
BHPian

7pm at Sunny Da Dhaba: The Early Bird line-up, and also the only pic I could click, before the skies opened up!!

Rides lined up right to left, the ones known to me:

Cedia- mine
Swift (black)- Shome
Etios- Powertrain
Swift (grey)- Superbee
Punto- unknown, plz identify
Altis- outsider girly gang
Astar- Thumpingheart.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th June 2012 at 19:56. Reason: "My A-Star. Thumpingheart." > adding.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote