Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 11th July 2012, 13:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Suggestions on hailing another Team-BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
A light tap of the horn or a single blink of the lights should do. If the recipient notices, well and good. Else drive on.
The flashing of lights seems to be a good option. Only thing is that it should be distinct enough to be standardised as the TBHP flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
How about 4 flashes of light? TBHP.
Generally ive realised more than one sticker means definitely a bhpian. One sticker not so sure and mostly never a bhpian or an inactive petrolhead.
Second that fully and my observations also says that more than 1 sticker is most definitely a BHPian (who else will buy the whole set) else would be gifted a single sticker to a non BHPian by a BHPian (most probably)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
While stationary - how about the universal sign for 'Time-out'? Fingers of one hand touching palm of other at right angle? 'T' for Tbhp or you will just get a harmless perplexed look...

While driving, flash with fog lamps (if equipped) since mostly no-body uses fog lamps for any other purpose especially intention to overtake or annoyance.
Good one for the stationary signal, and what would be the alternative for non fog lamp cars?

Now the second iteration of hailing signs IMO -

Stationary: Timout sign and ask 'Whats your TBHP id' - This will immediately give out if he is one or not

Driving: Flash 4 times for T B H P or flash and honk alternatively twice
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 00:08   #17
BHPian

Lot of nice suggestions, here is mine. During world war, when the friendly fighter planes fly past the advancing army, they used the beacon on their belly to signal 'V' for victory using morse code. The code is dot dot dot dash. We could use it two times on the go.
doxinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 08:59   #18
BHPian

For the non-rainy months - how about a dry/wet wipe of the windshield? It's eye-catching and keeps giving you a clean view too!

Picture the wiper movement for a moment....

Don't you think it seem like somebody is 'waving'
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 09:56   #19
BHPian

I have let many a idiots cross by when they flashed on roads with dense traffic. Almost always I was expecting a BHPian but everytime it turned out to be a chaffeur driven car.

Anyway I suggest we do not flash at lady drivers. It can easily be mistaken as stalking. Specially if the lady does not respond and one of us honks. There are a lot of freaks on the roads who mess with lady drivers so they're careful and rightfully so.

Also I am sure one of us might be in an emergency. We might be rushing or on the way to a work commitment. I will definitely skip meeting/greeting a BHPian if something unfortunate happened.
AbhishekB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 14:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
For the non-rainy months - how about a dry/wet wipe of the windshield? It's eye-catching and keeps giving you a clean view too!
Picture the wiper movement for a moment....
Don't you think it seem like somebody is 'waving'
Good one but it may not be very catchy if one see in their rear view. ( still imagining the movement of a Civic wiper the folding inward type)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Anyway I suggest we do not flash at lady drivers. It can easily be mistaken as stalking. Specially if the lady does not respond and one of us honks.
We can have some cardinal rules in place like - no hailing lady driver unless they themselves do first (not many active lady BHPians anyways or at the max spouses of BHPians)
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote