Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st September 2012, 17:54   #31
BHPian

Default Re: 2012 Annual Drive and Meet: Kaas Valley of Flowers

I am ok with both 9th and 16th.
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 19:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Thanks for correction!

Yeah, 9th and 16th are real options.
9th is out for me - will be in Bombay. 15th or 16th should be fine by me.

Guys, whichever day we choose, lets plan to leave very early. The crowd would be lesser plus we shutterbugs might get some lovely early morning pictures.

Anyway this can be decided later, but just thought I'll voice my thoughts.

@Ashish bhau, posted this on the Pune meets thread? Don't see a lot of the general Pune meets junta on this thread.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Ashish - Can we plan for a Sat ? If we're on for a Sunday, next day being a working day, it might get too tiring to get back to work on a Monday. Hence, not too sure how many BHP'ians will be in. Just my thoughts though.
I am also in fav of saturaday but for many, its working day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@Ashish bhau, posted this on the Pune meets thread? Don't see a lot of the general Pune meets junta on this thread.
Yeah, thats true.
Now a days, lot of regular janta including me have simply stopped posting anything here on Bhp to keep the quality of forum in A+++ condition.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 2nd September 2012 at 10:39.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 10:00   #34
BHPian

The Bookings for Kaas visit are full as per latest news in a local newspaper. The waiting list has run past the 6000 number for the month of September.

one of the options we have is visiting Kaas after the month of September as per our earlier plan. Request all to come up with suggestions.

cheers
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 10:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post
The Bookings for Kaas visit are full as per latest news in a local newspaper. The waiting list has run past the 6000 number for the month of September.

one of the options we have is visiting Kaas after the month of September as per our earlier plan. Request all to come up with suggestions.

cheers
So this applies to weekdays in September also is it?
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 10:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

cheers
Two days back, i have registered myself for 15th sept. At that time, i was 56th in the line who have registered earlier.
Please check the booking for that day.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 18:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Two days back, i have registered myself for 15th sept. At that time, i was 56th in the line who have registered earlier.
I just tried to register. Got no. 77. Would try to make it for sure if the TBHP meet happens. But Ashish, I have one question. It says to pay the amount in some bank in Satara. How do I do that?
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 21:08   #38
BHPian

Thank you Turboholic, Ashishbhau and all for inititating annual Kaas thread this year too. I will surely plan for one of the week ends - it would be great I could align while the meet occurs
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 21:21   #39
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

cheers
My heart sank after reading this.

Quote:
After going through Ashish's update and a quick exchange of PMs, tried the registration for 19th- a weekday. With 6 people in my booking, we were 13th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I just tried to register. Got no. 77. Would try to make it for sure if the TBHP meet happens. But Ashish, I have one question. It says to pay the amount in some bank in Satara. How do I do that?
Looks like the newspapers are reporting BS. The registration does seem to be on a day basis rather than for the month. Ashish got 56th, I got 13th for different dates.

The numbers still seem very low. Looks like not too many people are aware of the site and the registration process. Most likely its going to be chaotic at Kaas for the first week or so.

Last edited by SDP : 5th September 2012 at 21:22.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 07:43   #40
BHPian

So, is this meet happening or not?
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 09:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

I for one am out for now. Don't think I can make time for this meet at least this month. Also it looks like the registrations are an individual process. Can someone post the entire process here? Apart from registering on the website someone had mentioned depositing money in a Satara bank. Can someone jot down the exact steps they took to complete the registration?
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 10:28   #42
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I for one am out for now. Don't think I can make time for this meet at least this month. Also it looks like the registrations are an individual process. Can someone post the entire process here? Apart from registering on the website someone had mentioned depositing money in a Satara bank. Can someone jot down the exact steps they took to complete the registration?
1. Register online at the site mentioned (http://www.kas.ind.in/). They need a name, phone number, email id, total no. of visitors and vehicle details if any along with the date of visit.

2. After submitting, you get a prompt that the registration is successful and you are visitor number N.

3. In 10 minutes, you get a email from the Satara Forest Dept which confirms your registration and mentions Rs10 per person as the fee.

4. The email confirmation needs to be printed out and presented at Kaas for on-the-spot payment and entry ticket.

5. They have provided account details for online transfer, but it is NOT needed.

6. Hopefully the ticket/fee counter would be just before the plateau and not somewhere in the Satara city.

Last edited by SDP : 9th September 2012 at 10:29.
Old 9th September 2012, 11:02   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

@ SDP : Thanks for that useful post, unfortunately no thanks button here.

I'm really interested in joining for this one. Have never been to Kaas, had never heard of Kaas, but the pics look very inviting and the time is something I can manage as well - long as it's a day trip. How is the road there? Will I be able to make it with a low-slung temperamental German?

Let me ask a stupid question: Do they let people in as per the "visitor number" order? How, then, are we all supposed to go together?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th September 2012 at 11:05. Reason: Decided to ask a stupid question
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 11:32   #44
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
...How is the road there? Will I be able to make it with a low-slung temperamental German?
The NH4 stretch is obviously fantastic. Once you leave NH4 and enter Satara city, especially the stretch from Powai Naka (the main circle in the city) till the right turn for Kaas, is OKish road. Don't remember any huge speedbumps from last year's trip. After you climb up from the city, the road is again fantastic. I don't think you will face any significant issues with the German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Do they let people in as per the "visitor number" order? How, then, are we all supposed to go together?
I think, everyone is registering (separately) on their own. So after getting their tickets, people can wait for others to join or meet directly on the plateau.

Enjoy and drive safe!

Last edited by SDP : 9th September 2012 at 11:40.
Old 9th September 2012, 13:33   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

So has a bunch already gone today? Or can we plan for 16th / 23rd ?

I am also more than willing for October first weekend.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th September 2012 at 13:34.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote