Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Please vote for your choice of dates and destination
Mahe 1 9.09%
Dandeli 9 81.82%
Feb 9 & 10 1 9.09%
Feb 16 & 17 2 18.18%
Feb 23 & 24 9 81.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th September 2013, 15:34   #286
BHPian

Default Re: 2013 Team-BHP Bangalore Overnight Meet

RS Sir, I felt bad missing out on the Ooty drive. I want to definitely try and make this one. But like I said, my Goa drive is on next week. So will have to check with the home front to plan on this one. Hopefully, I can make it with my family.
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 16:04   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Is the approach road to Bhadra forest via Arsikere-Kadur route or is it via Chikmagalur-Aldur??
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
You can approach it on both routes.
KarthikK / nkrishnap : To clarify:

Both roads enter the same forest from different directions and follow their different routes, respectively.

Chikmagalur-Aldur route leads to BHADRA RIVER CAMP which "is closed and is not in operation anymore." [ http://www.bhadrarivercamp.com/Home ].
and is distinct from River Tern Lodge both location-wise and management-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
RS Sir, I felt bad missing out on the Ooty drive. I want to definitely try and make this one. But like I said, my Goa drive is on next week. So will have to check with the home front to plan on this one. Hopefully, I can make it with my family.
luvurride: It would be great if you can make it with family; keeping my fingers crossed too
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 16:32   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Destination: JLR River Tern Lodge. A tryst with nature ~ the tranquil waters of Bhadra reservoir extending far out into the horizon and lapping at your feet…well almost, if you can stretch your feet or imagination

Accomodation: http://www.junglelodges.com/itinerary10
Tariff: Rs. 5,000/- per person per night on twin-sharing basis.
RS sir, I'm guessing they're already sold out for that day. I tried their online reservation system now and the only available accommodation for 26/27 weekend was Officer's cottage, for which if I enter no. of persons = 1, it says there should be more than 1 person in the room. What do they want me to do? Get married soon just to be able to stay in JLR??

For loghut and cottage options, it shows "post enquiries" instead of "book now", meaning those have already been booked out by other customers. Cross verified this - If I alter the date to something later, it shows the "book now" button properly.

Should we change the location to another JLR?? Just wondering...
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 18:24   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
RS sir, I'm guessing they're already sold out for that day.Should we change the location to another JLR?? Just wondering...
Visited JLR office, this evening, to block off rooms for 26/27 Oct.,'13 and you're right, they are indeed sold out. That apart, tariff on that date is now Rs.5,300/- per person on twin sharing basis.

As discussed with you and also with Diesel_Convert, the meet stands postponed to the weekend 9/10 Nov.,'13 as dictated by the availability of accomodation.

Consequently, I have blocked 15 double rooms and this is valid only till 6 Oct.,'13. On this date, I will consolidate the confirmed responses and book accordingly.

Beyond this date, accomodation will be subject to availability and subsequent respondents can book online/at JLR office in Khanija Bhavan, Race Course Road.

Therefore abandoning the online booking mode advised and requesting fresh "aye-ayes" of your confirmed participation to the new list below.

KK, am not in favour of a change as both destination and drive route promises much .

Confirmed:

1. RSUDARSANAN +2
Old 30th September 2013, 22:47   #290
BHPian

Smile Re: 2013 Team-BHP Bangalore Overnight Meet

Quote:
KK, am not in favour of a change as both destination and drive route promises much .
+1 to this as the roads are supposed to be fantastic!

Confirmed:
1. RSUDARSANAN +2
2. Diesel_convert +1

Will call a friend who lives in the Bhadra reserve a week before the drive to confirm the route road quality.
Diesel_convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 23:30   #291
BHPian

RE-POSTING TO INCORPORATE CHANGES IN DATE, TARIFF AND ACCOMODATION BOOKING PROCESS:

The tarmac beckons…

Time to hit the road since the twisty Ooty trip ... proposing another weekend over-nighter:

When: 09/10 Nov.,'13 (not 26/27 Oct ‘13)

Destination: JLR River Tern Lodge. A tryst with nature ~ the tranquil waters of Bhadra reservoir extending far out into the horizon and lapping at your feet…well almost, if you can stretch your feet or imagination

The drive: http://goo.gl/maps/jFFTa

Bangalore - NH 4 - Tumkur - NH 206 - Arsikere - Tarikere - Lakkavalli - JLR RiverTern Lodge - NH 206 - Tarikere - SH 57 - Hassan - NH 48 - Nelamangala - NH 4 - Bangalore

Accomodation: http://www.junglelodges.com/itinerary10
Tariff: Rs. 5,300/- per person per night on twin-sharing basis.
15 rooms blocked valid only till 6 Oct.,'13.
On this date, the confirmed responses will be consolidated and rooms booked accordingly.

Game ? : If aye-aye, then do add your name to the list before 12 noon on 6 Oct.,'13 to secure your accommodation.
Note: Beyond this date, accomodation is subject to availability.
Subsequent respondents are advised to first secure their accommodation either booking online/or at JLR office in Khanija Bhavan, Race Course Road and only then add your name to the list

Family / friends / significant other are welcome

Itinerary:

09 Nov:
7.00 -.7.30 am: “Hi over b’fast” @ Agarwal Bhawan NH4 [ http://goo.gl/maps/Jn9Ws ]
Note: To reach Agarwal Bhavan exit on to the service road @ NICE Ring road- NH 4 junction as there is no access near Agarwal Bhavan on NH 4.

8.00 am: depart Agarwal Bhavan
9.00 am regroup Tumkur
10.00 am regroup Tiptur
11.00 - 11.30 am Kadur ~ dosa break at Preethi Canteen (a Tlog recommendation)
12.30 pm arr River Tern Lodge.

Programme: As per JLR package
Package Inludes: Stay, Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast, Jeep Safari into the Bhadra Tiger Reserve, Boat Ride, Bird Watching, Forest Entry Fees, Camera Fees & Taxes. Water Sports at extra cost

10 Nov:
11.00 am: Check-out and depart.
1.00-2.00 pm: Chikmagalur - Lunch venue TBD
2.00 pm: depart
3.00 pm: regroup Hassan;
4.00 pm regroup Channarayapatna
4.30 - 5.15 pm Bellur Cross CCD refreshment break
7.00 - 8.00 pm: “Bye”s over a farewell supper (?) @ Taj Vivanta Yeshwantpur / any other TBD

*Post lunch optional stop-overs TBD: Yagachi Dam / Belur / Halebeedu

P.S. Suggestions, if any, invited to tweak in upgrades to the itinerary.

Drive advisory:

A. For those who wish to put their rides thru its paces, do halt at the regrouping points, to enable the rest to catch up.

B. The designated lead car, shall bring up the rest following the convoy principle "It is each individual driver's responsibility to keep the vehicle behind him or her in sight, insuring the group stays together.

Confirmed:

1. RSudarsanan + 2
2. Diesel_convert + 1
Old 1st October 2013, 07:43   #292

Yes! Yes! Yes! My prayers have been answered. I'll be back from my on-site assignment by Nov 2nd so was going to miss this meet with a very heavy heart! Great news of the date change! :-D.....can't wait for 9th. Will add my name once booking is done.
Akshay S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 15:19   #293
BHPian

ARRRRGH!! Wife has to attend a meet in Chennai that exact weekend!!

So I can't make it this time as well guys!!:( Have fun!!
Old 1st October 2013, 16:13   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay S View Post
Great news of the date change! :-D.....can't wait for 9th. Will add my name once booking is done.
Added your name to the confirmed list below. Your accommodation is guaranteed.

Note: Up to 6th Oct.,'13, participants are requested to add their names to the list below for allotment of confirmed accommodation from the blocked rooms held by me.
Participants registering beyond this date, must first secure their accommodation directly with JLR (accommodation being subject to availability) before adding their names to the confirmed list.

Updated list @ 4 pm/01 Oct.,'13:

Confirmed
1. RSudarsanan + 2
2. Diesel_convert + 1
3. KarthikK
4. Akshay S
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:20   #295
BHPian

Unfortunately, the new dates (Nov 9-10) don't work for me. The earlier dates (Oct 26-27) were perfect for me, but unfortunately, the new dates are tough.

I have some personal as well as official travels in November, and it will be hard to squeeze in this weekend trip. So I will have to give it a miss. Sorry about this guys.

I would have really loved to join you guys, and was really excited about it. Anyways, there is always a next time. I will try my best to join the next overnighter.

All the best for your trip. I am sure you guys will have a lot of fun :-)
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:49   #296
BHPian

Unhappy Re: 2013 Team-BHP Bangalore Overnight Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Unfortunately, the new dates (Nov 9-10) don't work for me. The earlier dates (Oct 26-27) were perfect for me, but unfortunately, the new dates are tough.

I have some personal as well as official travels in November, and it will be hard to squeeze in this weekend trip. So I will have to give it a miss. Sorry about this guys.

I would have really loved to join you guys, and was really excited about it. Anyways, there is always a next time. I will try my best to join the next overnighter.

All the best for your trip. I am sure you guys will have a lot of fun :-)
You will be missed Dr. and luvurride!

Try and clear schedules if possible, the roads are some of the best in Karnataka!
Diesel_convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:05   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
the roads are some of the best in Karnataka!
True, but the solace is that I'm driving the same route this weekend enroute Goa!

But I would still miss the company and the meet! :(
Old 5th October 2013, 07:32   #298
BHPian

Quote:

Note: Up to 6th Oct.,'13, participants are requested to add their names to the list below for allotment of confirmed accommodation from the blocked rooms held by me.
Participants registering beyond this date, must first secure their accommodation directly with JLR (accommodation being subject to availability) before adding their names to the confirmed list.

Updated list @ 4 pm/01 Oct.,'13:

Confirmed
1. RSudarsanan + 2
2. Diesel_convert + 1
3. KarthikK
4. Akshay S
5. Raaj + 1 + 0.5 + 0.25

Have added my name to the list!
Do PM me if you have any questions!

Excited to be a part of this drive!
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2013, 08:43   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
5. Raaj + 1 + 0.5 + 0.25
Have added my name to the list! Excited to be a part of this drive!
Welcome raajks

Update as of 8.40 am on 05 Oct.,'13 ~

Folks, JFYI:
Received from sysadmin JLR, this morning:
Quote:

JUNGLE LODGES AND RESORTS LTD.
(A Govt. of Karnataka Undertaking)
49, Ground Floor, Khanija Bhavan, Race Course Road, Bangalore - 560001 India
Tel: +91 80 4055 4055
Fax: +91 80 4055 4040
Web : www.junglelodges.com, Mail : info@junglelodges.com

Dear Mr. R Sudarsanan ,

Greetings from JUNGLE LODGES AND RESORTS.

Your following BLOCKED Reservations are 'getting' due/due to be RELEASED as per the Blocking Releasing date mentioned.

Click here to pay INR 153149.32 and confirm your reservation

Book ID: 329303
Property Name: River Tern Lodge
Accommodations And Addons : Loghut - 6 (A-12, C-0) ; Cottage - 9 (A-18, C-0)
Reservation: Date 30 Sep 13
Check In: 09 Nov 13
Check Out: 10 Nov 13
Releasing On: 07 Oct 13 17:00:00

Unquote

Separately pm-ing confirmed participants to online transfer Rs. 5,105/- per head to my account to enable me pay up at JLR office on Monday 7 Oct.,'13 before the time line of 5.00 pm

Confirmed
1. RSudarsanan + 2
2. Diesel_convert + 1
3. KarthikK
4. Akshay S
5. Raaj + 1 + 0.5 + 0.25

PS:
- Countdown with respect to confirmed accommodation has begun.
- Tatkal participants, logging in post 7 Oct.,'13, 12.00 pm, are reminded that accommodation is subject to availability and hence required to first secure their stay directly with JLR before updating the confirmed list.

Cheers !
Old 5th October 2013, 16:37   #300
BHPian

Updated list @ 4.30 pm / 5 Oct.,'13:

Confirmed
1. RSudarsanan + 2
2. Diesel_convert + 1
3. KarthikK
4. Akshay S
5. Raaj + 1 + 0.5 + 0.25