Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When?
21st April 3 18.75%
28th April 12 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th April 2013, 22:17   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Pics Set #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Faustus77 joined in. Carzone also joined. Unfortunately not in any snap.
Yes SDP, I missed being in the snaps, next time!
I was there for some 30 mins or so, but that time is etched in the memory.

How much I wanted to join you guys for the drive and stay for lunch as well. So, when is the next meet planned? I would be planning for that since now!
carzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 00:06   #212
BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

awesome drive this one... it was fun driving with Karan's 328i, Santosh's Evo, and the S4... and the Vento was as always FAST... we should do these kind of drives often... hope to see more pics
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 00:06   #213
Senior - BHPian

Awesome snaps SDP. All have come really well.

@carzone, planning for monsoon now. Hopefully we should have a bigger turnout.

@pranav, dude when a person like you who has dirtied his hands, learnt himself and shares stuff, one just takes it in. Respect.
And the coma can never be induced by these related topics. Never at all. :-)
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 00:51   #214
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

The Longest ride for me on the KTM 200. Next time iam definitely coming in an 18 degree blower.

Here a pic in the "MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY"

Name:  67529_10151607560845056_1913108396_n.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  49.8 KB
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 01:17   #215
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Great to see faces rather than just monikers.
SDP
Thanks a lot for your snaps. What I missed saw through your camera lens.
Incidentally there were a couple of group photos that I clicked after lunch using your camera. Cant see them. Or am I missing something?
Wiedersehen (Until the next time)
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 04:49   #216
BHPian

Was nice meeting and chatting with some of the guys at Dahisar and at the sporadic stops along the way - spoke to a few people but didn't really manage to take any photographs except the one.

Seems there was some miscommunication after we stopped at Atithi in Charoti... by the time I realised you guys weren't around and called Jignesh you were already at Parsi dhaba.

Met another group of bikers - two Ninjas and one bullet at Atithi, chatted with them for a bit and left.

The drive back was pretty fast since there wasn't any traffic and we reached DD by 11am. My friend wasn't keen on waiting, so we left for home.

Jignesh did call me when you all reached DD around 12:30pm but couldn't make it back then.

All in all a good sunday morning drive, was pretty cool, should do it more often!

Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-t1.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-t2.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-t3.jpg  

Last edited by mwzd : 29th April 2013 at 04:56.
mwzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 06:43   #217
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Great to see faces rather than just monikers.
SDP
Thanks a lot for your snaps. What I missed saw through your camera lens.
Incidentally there were a couple of group photos that I clicked after lunch using your camera. Cant see them. Or am I missing something?
Wiedersehen (Until the next time)
What a keen eye Sir!

I have uploaded only a few pics from all the ones clicked at Delhi Darbar. The light was poor and the pics are all grainy. But, since you asked, here are 2 more. These were clicked by you and the angle on the first one is really innovative.

Name:  DSC_0219.JPG
Views: 1150
Size:  300.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0221.JPG
Views: 1129
Size:  262.3 KB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Saw mwzd with grey Civic in the morning at Dahisar naka. Missed him completely later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwzd View Post
Was nice meeting and chatting with some of the guys at Dahisar and at the sporadic stops along the way - spoke to a few people but didn't really manage to take any photographs except the one.

Met another group of bikers - two Ninjas and one bullet at Atithi, chatted with them for a bit and left.

...we reached DD by 11am. My friend wasn't keen on waiting, so we left for home.

Jignesh did call me when you all reached DD around 12:30pm but couldn't make it back then.

Ah, the mistery solved. Was wondering about your disappearance.

Last edited by SDP : 29th April 2013 at 06:48.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 08:44   #218
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Great meet up guys, we should this more often (subject to approvals form the resp home ministers). Thanks to Rohit for letting me ride in his Duster, it was super cool man. I will be loading the pics from my cameras once I download them.

As always the Google map of BHP (Who else) was in his chirpiest mood. Kaushik and Jignesh are now official declared as the logistics Manager & Co-ordinator resp for the Mumbai meets, thanks for keeping everybody on the toes. As for those who missed the meet, start planning guys.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 08:46   #219
BHPian

Wattay Day !

Awesome start for a lovely sunday morning !

I do share the same feelings expressed by others and can only have a for TBHP !!!

A meet which started by meeting known strangers and ended with friends !

Cant wait to meet the gang again
dar3dev|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 08:58   #220
Senior - BHPian

Thank you KSM-vTec and Jignesh for the effort and initiation for the drive.Decided late on Saturday night to join for the drive so could not give a heads up! SDP was stunned to see an unexpected member to be the first one waiting !! It was a good meet and fun drive, only sore part being the number of truck overtaken and having to overtake the same ones again after our multiple stops!!

Going to the Parsi Dhaba was a good decsion as the place was nice with ample parking and no other people! Enjoyed the non-stop drive thoroughly, but my apologies as had to head back for some other commitments and could not join for Lunch at DD.

Have clicked a few pics, will upload them in the next couple of days. Now look forward to a Monsoon Meet!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 29th April 2013 at 08:59.
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 09:56   #221
BHPian

This was my first T-BHP meet and what an awesome experience.

Contrary to what my wife had warned me about these 'Strangers', that I had met online, turned out to be admirable people

@ghodlur - My pleasure. Looking forward to longish drive next time.

@SDP - Thanks for the pics.

@Jignesh - Thanks for the live demo of Canvas HD, the phone looks awesome

A big shout out to KSM-Vtec and Jignesh for the initiative and co ordination.

Looking forward to the next one sooner!!

Rohit
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 11:25   #222
BHPian

It was my first meet as well, like many others, and it was a great experience. Thanks everyone for making it a memorable one. Met so many people and I have to admit, i was amazed at the driving skills and the machines of the members. I consider myself a pretty good driver but in the company that i was in yesterday i realise that i have a lot more to learn, so looking forward to many more meets. Also it has been a while since i have taken my car out of the city and i am sure my swift is quite happy at the opportunity to stretch its legs and did 140 without breaking a sweat

Jignesh was great company giving me a lot of info about the various team members and also about the other activities going on in the group.
Although i carried my camera, in the excitement of seeing so many fellow petrolheads and hearing from them, i didn't click too many pictures but nothing lost since SDP has clicked so many; thanks SDP.

Thanks KSM and Jignesh for initiating and organizing it so well

Attaching a few pictures that I took
Attached Thumbnails
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2766.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2768.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2770.jpg  

Mohan Mathew A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 11:29   #223
BHPian

Nice to see everyone had a good time. Looking at the pictures and seeing my handle mentioned around already feels like I had been a part of of the meet!

Thanks everyone for the close preview!
LP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 11:37   #224
BHPian

Wow looks like you guys had great fun! I missed it :(
Waiting for the next meet.

Btw what did you guys eat for breakfast and lunch ?
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 11:54   #225
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I am in as well. Will be riding the Ninja 250R and will have Shrini, a friend alongside on a CBR250R. More may confirm in the coming days.
Unable to send you a PM. Seems your inbox is full. So posting here:

doctorque,
Just a note of 'Thank You' for yesterday's tbhp meet. My son saw your bike at Dahisar toll naka and was really impressed. His admiration for you and your ride increased manyfolds when he saw you zooming past our XUV a few times and saw you leaning in those curves!

You have a young fan now, who thinks of you as nothing less than a GOD.

He clicked so many pics of you and Anku during the return journey that we lost count.

Thanks for speaking to him... he now believes you are his friend!

Would look forward to future meets!

Regards
SDP
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote