Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When?
21st April 3 18.75%
28th April 12 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th April 2013, 12:09   #226
BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

What a way to spend a Sunday!!Met a lot of old friends & made new one's too!!
I guess,Maverick & SDP was the first to be there @ Jupiter. Glad you could make it,Mav!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
people with better driving skills still managed to slip through heavy traffic (while I struggled)!
You Struggled??!! You were flying in that XUV!!

Special Thanks to:-

KSM & Jignesh - If not for your efforts....

Harish - For the traffic update on W.Exp. Are you really serious about what you plan to do to your "other" car??!!

Pranavat & Varun - For tips on importing stuff!!

Desmosedici - For all the Gypsy info!! And for Yash resort.

SDP - For those awesome pics. Forgot to ask you,what cam is that?? The guy in HKS t-shirt, his name is Varun. No prizes for guessing how I remember?!

Dhruv(SDP's son) - For the awesome pics. You are very good at taking pics. Even Jignesh's daugher,Prisha is good with a camera!!

Superbee - For the swift's FFE!!

Adishenoy - For your opinion on thanawala. Will buzz you the next time check in for service!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to have met Ghodlur & Rohit @ DD. Rohit, you should have joined the drive too. With the Duster awesome ride & handling, you would've had a blast!!
There was no chance Gondlur could come for the drive,no way you can win with your BIL,what say, Gondlur??!!

Special request - Pranavat/Varun/Desmosedici/Mohan/Daredevl/Maverick/Ghodlur & Rohit, could you please send your contact no.by PM? Would love to stay in touch. Forgot to ask you'll, in the heat of the moment.

Guys check out this pic:-
Name:  DSC_0127.JPG
Views: 1698
Size:  399.1 KB

And this pic(That's my son):-
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_20130428_224206.jpg

Future T-BHP'ians in the making, what say SDP??!!

Last edited by powertrain : 29th April 2013 at 12:26.
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 12:16   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
An awesome awesome 30 minutes with those all whom I have known only through the forum and pics here. Wish I had been for the drive and could have waited for the lunch!
Hello Carzone,

Thank you for coming for 30 minutes. Do well in your exams & there will be another drive in monsoon, participate in that.

For others - Carzone is apprearing for this final year engineering exams & still managed to spare some time to come to Delhi Darbar for meet T-BHPians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks, KSM-vTEC and Jignesh for organising the meet so well
Thank you Mr. Kumar.

I was indeed nice to meet you after long time. Your humbleness is one thing I admire the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thank you SDP, Jignesh, KSMvtec for the co-ordination
Thank you Karan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks to Kaushik (KSM) and Jignesh for getting this rolling.
Thank you Desmosedici.

Quote:
HVK in the center. Jignesh pleased with the success of the meet.
Thank you SDP,

I is always pleasure to meet like-minded people who are really down to earth then we generally believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwzd View Post
called Jignesh you were already at Parsi dhaba.
Jignesh did call me when you all reached DD around 12:30pm but couldn't make it back then.
Hello MWZD,

Sir, regret once again for time that you spent waiting at Atithi Hotel. The venue was changed to Parsi Dairy as Atithi hotel was fully occupied & parking was also almost full.

As I did not had your mobile number, so could not inform you about venue change.

This is learning for next drive to have a car count & note everyone's mobile number before starting the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Kaushik and Jignesh are now official declared as the logistics Manager & Co-ordinator resp for the Mumbai meets, thanks for keeping everybody on the toes.
Thank you Ghodlur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Thank you KSM-vTec and Jignesh for the effort and initiation for the drive.
Going to the Parsi Dhaba was a good decsion as the place was nice with ample parking and no other people. Now look forward to a Monsoon Meet!
Thank you Maverick5490.

Yes Parsi Dhaba was a good place where we have a nice time talking. Only problem we missed MWZD, who was waiting for us at Atithi hotel. Hope the moonsoon drive (& monsoons) happens soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
@Jignesh - Thanks for the live demo of Canvas HD, the phone looks awesome. A big shout out to KSM-Vtec and Jignesh for the initiative and co ordination.
Thank you Engrohit,

Hope to see your Nexus 4 next time we meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Jignesh was great company giving me a lot of info about the various team members and also about the other activities going on in the group. Thanks KSM and Jignesh for initiating and organizing it so well
Thank you Mohan.

But the bigger appreciation should go to you for offering me a seat in your car, so that I can look on co-ordination activities.

Thank you once again for a ride & yes you are indeed a very good driver. Your car feels rock solid at speeds of 130+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
KSM & Jignesh - If not for your efforts.
Thank you Varun. It was good to meet you after Jan 2012 meet.

Thank you all & hope to meet again.

Regards,

Last edited by Jignesh : 29th April 2013 at 12:19. Reason: infor added
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 12:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to have met Ghodlur & Rohit @ DD. Rohit, you should have joined the drive too. With the Duster awesome ride & handling, you would've had a blast!!

Pranavat/Varun/Desmosedici/Mohan/Daredevl/Maverick/Ghodlur & Rohit, could you please send your contact no.by PM? Would love to stay in touch. Forgot to ask you'll, in the heat of the moment.
Same here mate! Looking at all those lovely pics of the drive and esp the Super Bikes, even I am kicking myself for not joining. Next time for sure....

Have PM'ed you my no., you also pls reciprocate!
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 12:41   #229
BHPian

My first Team-BHP meet and it was a pleasure. A fab drive, especially the return run.

Wanted to meet everyone since ages. Great drivers all. Wizards at gizmos, tremendous knowhow about wheels. Felt good. Looking forward eagerly to the next meet.

Kudos Jignesh/KSM.

Thanx for the heads up Karan and Swapnil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Btw what did you guys eat for breakfast and lunch ?
Kheema pe eeda for me.

Quote:

Harish - Are you really serious about what you plan to do to your "other" car??!!
No choice bud. Conclusion better than prolonging.
harishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 12:58   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had awesome Lassi along with delicious Kheema Pav for Breakfast at the Parsi Dhaba. Would love to go there again someday to explore the really elaborate menu!

Did not join for lunch, so no idea about the food at DD.
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 12:58   #231
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Waiting for the next meet.

There will always be a next time, hope you are ready for that.

Dont know about the b'fast, but lunch was sumptous with lots of interesting thread discussion on the platter esp Desmosedici's Gypsy, pranav's modded Honda City etc. Apart from these the regular veg/non veg fare which unfortunately didnt get any special attention in the heat of discussions.

Inspite of "Sun" maharaj at his tempest best, we have our own Varun (@powertrain) to cool us down. All in all a great meet, would have been super duper if we had the superbikers staying back and given us our moment of glory for clicking some pics.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:40   #232
BHPian

Hello Guys!!

It was great to meet the most of you for lunch yesterday, although after seeing all the pics from the drive posted here i feel bad for missing out on a good fun drive and missed out on meeting quite a few members who did not stay for lunch. I was actually the last one to arrive for the meet but still managed to have some good conversations on the lunch table specially with Ghodlur, Powertrain, Desmo, Pranav, Engrohit, Dar3devil, Jignesh and Mohan. Got to meet the legend i.e HVK Sir. Special thanks to Jignesh for co-ordinating (i was in touch with him over SMS since morning).

@Carzone good to meet you although for only a few minutes.
@KSM & @Balenopower hope to see you guys soon at the daily bandra meet.
@Powertrain sending you my number over PM, lets be in touch.
@Desmo, @Ghodlur and @Engrohit as decided lets have a mini Powai meet soon. Maybe on a firday evening dinner and drinks at one of the restaurants there. Others living/ not living and working/ not working in powai can join in too
@SDP yes that was me in the HKS T Shirt.

Regards,
Varun
vvb8530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:42   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Unable to send you a PM. Seems your inbox is full. So posting here:

doctorque,
Just a note of 'Thank You' for yesterday's tbhp meet. My son saw your bike at Dahisar toll naka and was really impressed. His admiration for you and your ride increased manyfolds when he saw you zooming past our XUV a few times and saw you leaning in those curves!

You have a young fan now, who thinks of you as nothing less than a GOD.

He clicked so many pics of you and Anku during the return journey that we lost count.

Thanks for speaking to him... he now believes you are his friend!

Would look forward to future meets!

Regards
SDP
Hey SDP, your son surely is a good kid and i could see his enthusiasm and relate to his love for motorcycles. Nothing much different from my own childhood. I am so glad that he had a good time joining us for the drive/ride. Looking forward to meeting you both soon on many such future meets. Lastly, thank you for the pictures, i would cherish the high res of some that i really liked.

Also thankful to everybody else who made it and also to KSM to initiate and execute.. Waiting for the pictures from Urja now...
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:44   #234
BHPian

It was indeed a good Sunday morning long drive. Here are some of the pictures that I have taken. With several stops, breakfast and then lunch a well spend day along with a lot of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0745.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0752.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0772.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0778.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0789.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0798.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0793.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2755.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2762.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2784.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2768.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2786.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2788.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2794.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2799.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2801.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2807.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2810.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2804.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-img_2814.jpg  

URJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:52   #235
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...SDP - For those awesome pics. Forgot to ask you,what cam is that??
Thanks! I use a Nikon D90.

Quote:
The guy in HKS t-shirt, his name is Varun. No prizes for guessing how I remember?!
Ah, thanks again! What's his handle?

Quote:
Dhruv(SDP's son) - For the awesome pics. You are very good at taking pics.
My son has been asking me if anybody commented on the photos that he clicked . I will pass on your appreciation to him.

Quote:
Superbee - For the swift's FFE!!
Sweet sounding + really well driven.

Quote:
Future T-BHP'ians in the making, what say SDP??!!
You bet!
After coming back I gave him the "with power comes responsibility" and the need to drive safe...just to balance it out.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 14:12   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I use a Nikon D90.
Thanks!!

Quote:
vvb8530

Quote:
My son has been asking me if anybody commented on the photos that he clicked . I will pass on your appreciation to him.
A wise man once told me - " With appreciation comes motivation, with motivation comes performance, with performance comes success, with success comes appreciation, & the cycle goes on!!!"

I hope the funda is not too much !!!

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 15:03   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Special request - Pranavat/Varun/Desmosedici/Mohan/Daredevl/Maverick/Ghodlur & Rohit, could you please send your contact no.by PM? Would love to stay in touch. Forgot to ask you'll, in the heat of the moment.
unfortunately i don't have PM (i am still 3 or 4 posts away from graduating to be a 'Bhpian'). jignesh has my number so i will request him, if it is not too much of a hassle, to please share it. Also i will take all your numbers from him
Mohan Mathew A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 15:10   #238
BHPian

Quote:

Hey SDP,

Thats me.

Varun.
vvb8530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 16:24   #239
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by URJA View Post
It was indeed a good Sunday morning long drive. Here are some of the pictures that I have taken. With several stops, breakfast and then lunch a well spend day along with a lot of pictures.
Sorry..didn't realize that you are a BHPian! Fantastic pics taken from the car! Did not knew Anku and doctorque traded bikes for some time.

Quote:
Thanks!!

vvb8530

A wise man once told me - " With appreciation comes motivation, with motivation comes performance, with performance comes success, with success comes appreciation, & the cycle goes on!!!"

I hope the funda is not too much !!!

Regards,
Varun
Nice quote! Liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Hey SDP,

Thats me.

Varun.
Yes, of course. Sorry, couldn't interact this time. With HVK and engrohit joining at our table, didn't realize how time flew. Next time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a black Fabia at the meet. Visible in Mohan Mathew's snaps.
Whose was that?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 17:03   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Kudos Jignesh/KSM.
Thank you Mr. Harish.

It was surprising to know that you returned from Banglore late last evening & still decided to join the drive. Also you had a flat tyre in morning which you got repaired & still managed to reach Dahisar Check Naka on scheduled time.

Hope you have you on lunch next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Special thanks to Jignesh for co-ordinating (i was in touch with him over SMS since morning).
Hello Varun,

Thank you for coming for lunch meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
unfortunately i don't have PM (i am still 3 or 4 posts away from graduating to be a 'Bhpian'). jignesh has my number so i will request him, if it is not too much of a hassle, to please share it. Also i will take all your numbers from him
Hello Mohan,

I have sent your number to Varun (Powertrain).

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote