Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When?
21st April 3 18.75%
28th April 12 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th April 2013, 18:23   #241
BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sorry..didn't realize that you are a BHPian! Fantastic pics taken from the car! Did not knew Anku and doctorque traded bikes for some time.
Anku did waved at me to stop me to exchange bikes. And the one word i can use to define his 2012 Fireblade is "Explosive". I did think till this day that i am very used to ridiculous speeds, but nothing could prepare me for the experience i had on Ankus bike. All i can say is my respect for Moto GP riders or even more crazy Isle Of Man TT riders has grown multiple folds.

@SDP, Please thank your Son for so many great pictures of me and everybody else, and tell him i'd like to take a lesson or two from him in taking pictures the next time i meet him.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-ride-fireblade.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2013 at 10:12. Reason: Removing references to illegally high speeds. Thanks
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 18:34   #242
BANNED

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

great ride with you all enjoyed it to the core special thanks to SDP son DHRUV and urja for clicking my pictures. had a very short conversation wit your son SDP till now many kids have asked me whats the top speed of my bike but DHRUV is the first one to ask me that how many times i have crashed on the bike then i showed him the mark on my hands n back...SDP this for DHRUV DAAR K AAGE JEET HAI
the black fabia was a common friend who was then part of uttrakhand drive

Last edited by anku : 29th April 2013 at 18:38.
anku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 19:07   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry..didn't realize that you are a BHPian! Fantastic pics taken from the car! Did not knew Anku and doctorque traded bikes for some time.

There was a black Fabia at the meet. Visible in Mohan Mathew's snaps.
Whose was that?
Thank you SDP. Your son has done a great job of clicking pictures from the car too. Do encourage him to do photography

The black Fabia belongs to Vikas Bhargava.
URJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 19:57   #244
BHPian

One special Picture for you Anku
Attached Images

URJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 20:01   #245
Senior - BHPian

Pics as promised, self explanatory so BHPians pls identify yourselves again.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0141.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-rohits-duster.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-rohit-his-duster.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0142.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0144.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0145.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0146.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0147.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0150.jpg  

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dscn0151.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 21:18   #246
SDP
Team-BHP Support

doctorque, Anku, Urja,
Thanks for the kind words.
Just showed your comments to Dhruv and he is so happy!

Thanks again
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 08:22   #247
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
You Struggled??!! You were flying in that XUV!!
Missed that comment earlier! Let me elaborate (cross-posting from my ownership thread):

Drive report from Team-BHP drive and meet on Sunday 28th April 2013:

The Duma hadn't stretched its legs for quite a few months now. So when the opportunity presented itself, I jumped onto it and confirmed myself for the TBHP drive on NH8.

Just like you feel your body sagging after skipping the gym for a few months, I felt some sort of inertia ..some sort of holding back in the vehicle. To be honest, I felt it in myself as well. After a few months gap, I felt my responses were sluggish and steering judgment bordering on 'poor'. The heavy truck traffic made the situation worse.

But all was not lost. More than 50kms in the drive, we both got our grooves back, responses quickened and steering confidence improved a few notches. Needless to say, the low-flying 328i (karan561), S4 (speedy), Evo6 (i<3turbo) and City (balenopower) were providing all the "inspiration" in terms of how to drive well even in thick traffic. While I was labouring in 3rd or 4th gear behind a slowpoke wall of trucks, the better drivers used to find a miniscule gap, move laterally and then quickly vanish in the horizon! Amazing.

Did decent spurts with speeds of 110-120 on the way to Parsi Da Dhaba. The vehicle was light, just me and my son and no luggage. But the ride was significantly better at high speeds. It just glides.

Return journey was better. Traffic was significantly lesser and the Ninja250R and Fireblade gave tantalizing company for some time. This time, I was more confident and pushed the XUV harder.. even to 3500+ rpm a few times. Speeds slowly climbed, but the vehicle was planted, no steering/gearstick vibration either. Drove safe and did not test my limits and the car's limits. A hippo can not be as agile as the gazelle . Still took the turns faster than I would generally have..and boy, was it fun! On straights, what's interesting was the feeling that there were still quite a few horses which were not unleashed. Reinforced my respect for the XUV. Leaving some power in the reserve for an emergency maneuver is a good idea anyways.

Overall a fun-filled adrenaline-pumping drive!

Last edited by SDP : 30th April 2013 at 08:40.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 10:54   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
, AdiShenoy, cartman,
Hello Adishenoy / Cartman,

I believe you both were driving Zen Estilo Vxi.

Couple of times I did saw you doing speeds of 120+ in your Car. Now based on my experience in my latest WagonR K10 & WagonR 2007 (third generation model) the car's steering feels very sensitive / buttery smooth (vibrating) after crossing speeds of 100 kmph.

What is your experience in your ZEN Estilo? Do you generally drive on open highways at speeds of 120+? Or you have upgraded to wider tyres / allow wheels?

Quote:
Hello SDP,

Indeed it was a fun-filled & adrenaline pumping drive. Frankly speaking I never believed Maruti Swift can do speeds of 130+ comfortably. But Mohan's Swift even managed to reach speed of 140 effortlessly.

Yes, the most of the Team members driving (specifically negotiating truck traffic) skills were unmatchable.

While returning back I did saw your XUV literally flying away on open roads.

Let us hope that monsoon meet happens soon.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 11:09   #249
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot to each and everyone for making the meet a huge success!

Apologies for the last moment confusion regarding the destination of the drive.

No Mumbai meet will ever be complete without Sam... but we will continue to try our best because that is what he will expect.

Name:  Sam TOI.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  22.2 KB
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 11:15   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
No Mumbai meet will ever be complete without Sam... but we will continue to try our best because that is what he will expect.
Hello KSM,

You wrote my thoughts.

Infact I was thinking of speaking about Sam Kapasi when we were at Parsi Da Dhaba, but refrained as I was in double minds whether I should or should not.

But while returning I did mentioned about him to Mohan.

Seriously speaking I still cannot believe he is no more. The space created by his passing away probably will not be filled in our lifetime.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 12:23   #251
BHPian

Looking at the comments, I feel that I missed quite a lot. But, family and office work kept me away :-( Looking forward to the next drive/meet.
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 13:32   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Missed that comment earlier! Let me elaborate (cross-posting from my ownership thread):

But all was not lost. More than 50kms in the drive, we both got our grooves back, responses quickened and steering confidence improved a few notches. Needless to say, the low-flying 328i (karan561), S4 (speedy), Evo6 (i<3turbo) and City (balenopower) were providing all the "inspiration" in terms of how to drive well even in thick traffic. While I was labouring in 3rd or 4th gear behind a slowpoke wall of trucks, the better drivers used to find a miniscule gap, move laterally and then quickly vanish in the horizon! Amazing.

I guess most of the petrols the big and the small were in petrol saving mode with just constant spurts. But i could see you going at it since we were almost together on the way to the Parsi breakfast place. Duma looks nice and clean like i mentioned it to you in the parking lot. Get your son to one of our biking meets or rides im sure he will have an absolute ball clicking away.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 13:56   #253
Senior - BHPian

It was a great drive and meet, loads of fun meeting old friends and making new ones too. The only down side i saw is that we were wasting too much time making pits stops on the way to Parsi Da Dhabba. I got to see some great driving skills and even better commradrie between the guys..Cheers to that.
Lets make our meets a monthly affair and could vary from a drive meet to just a lunch, dinner or coffee meet.

Last edited by speedy : 30th April 2013 at 13:58.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 14:33   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It was a great drive and meet, loads of fun meeting old friends and making new ones too. The only down side i saw is that we were wasting too much time making pits stops on the way to Parsi Da Dhabba. I got to see some great driving skills and even better commradrie between the guys..Cheers to that.
Lets make our meets a monthly affair and could vary from a drive meet to just a lunch, dinner or coffee meet.

I like the sound of that. Will give me more reason and determination to shine my car .
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 14:39   #255
BHPian

totally unfortunate for me, that I missed this event, that too very close to my home! actually, my bad that I wasnt following TBHP since a while.

Infact, on 28th I had come to Delhi Darbar to drop my family at 11.30AM (later picked them at 3.30PM), to be part of a kid's birthday celebration there! I noticed this vehicle parked and in my wildest thoughts couldnt sense that a TBHP Meet is also going-on. oopps. Actually, I was about to upload this snap in the 'sticker' thread and came across this meet thread.

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-20130428143.jpg

Im sure you all had a very good time.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote