Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When?
21st April 3 18.75%
28th April 12 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th April 2013, 14:52   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
I noticed this vehicle parked and in my wildest thoughts couldnt sense that a TBHP Meet is also going-on. oopps. Actually,
Cannot believe this.

You spotted the Car, took its photographs & didnit noticed the two persons standing behind the Car?

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-20130428143.jpg

One of them (in checked shirt) is owner of this Duster - Engrohit (on T-BHP) & another person is Ghodlur (on T-BHP).

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 15:15   #257
BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
totally unfortunate for me, that I missed this event, that too very close to my home! actually, my bad that I wasnt following TBHP since a while.
i actually thought of dropping a message to you, but then, I thought you might have got a glimpse of this thread! My bad! :(

indeed it was an awesome experience for my first meet. Next one is planned for monsoon and this time I would be sure to notify you.

BTW, weren't you guys there till 3.30PM? I thought you might have took a bit longer. If so, then how come Pranav didn't spot many other stickered cars in the parking lot?

@Ghodlur sir and engrohit sir, how did you not notice someone clicking your ride as well as Pranav's stickered xylo. You need lessons form IronH4wk!
carzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 15:47   #258
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
BTW, weren't you guys there till 3.30PM? I thought you might have taken a bit longer. If so, then how come Pranav didn't spot many other stickered cars in the parking lot?

@Ghodlur sir and engrohit sir, how did you not notice someone clicking your ride as well as Pranav's stickered xylo. You need lessons form IronH4wk!
Our bad we missed the spotting. In fact we did see a Xylo come up, drop few people and then moved on. We thought must be for the B'day party being celebrated there.

Most of the stickered car werent there when Pranav dropped by. The least he could have done when he spotted Rohit's duster was get down and look around.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 15:51   #259
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I guess most of the petrols the big and the small were in petrol saving mode with just constant spurts.
Yes, realized it later when speaking to karan and speedy. They mentioned they were running in eco mode to save the planet.

Quote:
But i could see you going at it since we were almost together on the way to the Parsi breakfast place.
I give my 100% to everything

Quote:
Duma looks nice and clean like i mentioned it to you in the parking lot. Get your son to one of our biking meets or rides im sure he will have an absolute ball clicking away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
...Will give me more reason and determination to shine my car .
Thanks! Your city was really well mantained.
Biking meets and rides? Would love to join. Ah.. there is a problem. I don't have a bike now. But let's figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
... I got to see some great driving skills and even better commradrie between the guys..Cheers to that.
Lets make our meets a monthly affair and could vary from a drive meet to just a lunch, dinner or coffee meet.
I second that. Monthly meets sound like a good idea!

Quote:
i actually thought of dropping a message to you, but then, I thought you might have got a glimpse of this thread! My bad! :
I did not take any chances. Somehow I had missed this thread and unless KSM Vtec would have taken the initiative to drop a PM to a lot of Mumbai based BHPians, I would have missed the meet completely.

After getting PM from KSM Vtec, I did my bit and PMed all the Mumbai & Pune based moderators (unfortnately noone could join..although got a "may be" from manson and GTO) and HVK, parsh, Guderian, metalbuff, Heavy_Horse. Its like cold-calling. You get a lot of NOs, but the occassional yes or may-be (HVK in my case) more than makes up for it.

We need a better mechanism to reach all folks in a city. There is a "group/buddy-list" functionality on team-BHP. Anybody tried it?

Quote:
...BTW, weren't you guys there till 3.30PM? I thought you might have took a bit longer. If so, then how come Pranav didn't spot many other stickered cars in the parking lot?
I guess people dispersed around 2:30-2:45ish.

Quote:
Now that's really funny!

Last edited by SDP : 30th April 2013 at 16:05.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 16:05   #260
BHPian

Smile Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Possibly the best way to spend a Sunday morning. The Thane team members were there on time, all cars lined up ready to go. Had a small chat with the members, we introduced ourselves and take the Godbunder Road.
We go towards Dahisar toll first then all the members except karan561 and SDP take a U turn and wait in front of Delhi Darbar for the other team to arrive. The whole gang arrives in 5 mins and that is where the fun starts.

It was a very successful meet and the credit goes to KSM and Jignesh for co-ordinating everything. 22 cars sprinting on the pothole free NH8 was a well deserved Sunday break that everyone needed. It wasn't an easy task to keep all the drivers informed constantly but KSM did an excellent job.

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0076.jpg

Open Highway, minimum traffic while returning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Kheema pe eeda for me.
Remember the Jacket Grilled Potatoes?
Me and Swapzone had ordered it and we had to wait for a good 15 mins for the potatoes to come well dressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
A meet which started by meeting known strangers and ended with friends !

Cant wait to meet the gang again
You said it man! Was fun driving alongside you for quite some time, beautiful i10 and the alloys compliment it.

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0069.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Anku did waved at me to stop me to exchange bikes. And the one word i can use to define his 2012 Fireblade is "Explosive". I did think till this day that i am very used to ridiculous speeds (after having seen around 290kmph in a car, please dont ask where and how?), but nothing could prepare me for the experience i had on Ankus bike. All i can say is my respect for Moto GP riders or even more crazy Isle Of Man TT riders has grown multiple folds.

Cheers
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0070.jpg

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0071.jpg
Doctorque & Danlalan

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0074.jpg

As Doctorque said, Anku waves at him to switch bikes.

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0075.jpg

Doctorque looking back and responding. (Probably grinning from ear to ear)

The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013-dsc_0080.jpg

Anku switching to cruise control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Adishenoy / Cartman,

I believe you both were driving Zen Estilo Vxi.

Couple of times I did saw you doing speeds of 120+ in your Car. Now based on my experience in my latest WagonR K10 & WagonR 2007 (third generation model) the car's steering feels very sensitive / buttery smooth (vibrating) after crossing speeds of 100 kmph.

What is your experience in your ZEN Estilo? Do you generally drive on open highways at speeds of 120+? Or you have upgraded to wider tyres / allow wheels?
Hello Jignesh,
I was driving the Zen Estilo full time. The car does triple digit speeds comfortably, no steering vibrations at all. Upgrading the tyres from JK tyres to Michelin XM1+ has helped immensely. The tyre is still stock size though 155/65 R13. The alloys are 5.5J as compared to the 4.5J steel rims the car came with and hence the tyres jut out of the wheel well. I don't know if it would affect handling much but it looks good.
Yes the car does these speeds every time on a open highway and its 5 years old now.
At the next meet check it out yourself.

Last edited by adishenoy : 30th April 2013 at 16:13.
adishenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 16:27   #261
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
...Doctorque looking back and responding. (Probably grinning from ear to ear)

Attachment 1079285
Adishenoy, second-last picture. See that red mirror on the left edge of the image? Wish you would have panned a little bit to the left.

Quote:
I was driving the Zen Estilo full time. The car does triple digit speeds comfortably, no steering vibrations at all. Upgrading the tyres from JK tyres to Michelin XM1+ has helped immensely. The tyre is still stock size though 155/65 R13. The alloys are 5.5J as compared to the 4.5J steel rims the car came with and hence the tyres jut out of the wheel well. I don't know if it would affect handling much but it looks good.
Yes the car does these speeds every time on a open highway and its 5 years old now.
At the next meet check it out yourself.
You were driving it really well. Loved following you in some sections.
Old 30th April 2013, 16:34   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
Doctorque & Danlalan

As Doctorque said, Anku waves at him to switch bikes.

Doctorque looking back and responding. (Probably grinning from ear to ear)

Anku switching to cruise control.
Actually it's happened a few times that Ankus offered me to check the feel of his Fireblade, but I just didn't.. However conditions while riding back from parsi da dhaba were very different from previous occasions..

3 Inviting wide lanes and long sweeping corners, there was never a better time to accept the offer. So while Anku went to cruise control, i tried hard to avoid grand prix mode.. Mid May, myself and balenopower will get the opportunity to try that as well at kari motor speedway..

Looking forward to seeing you all soon for the monsoon drive (or pre monsoon anyone?)

Cheers
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 16:53   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Cannot believe this.

You spotted the Car, took its photographs & didnit noticed the two persons standing behind the Car?

Attachment 1079270

One of them (in checked shirt) is owner of this Duster - Engrohit (on T-BHP) & another person is Ghodlur (on T-BHP).

Thanks,
Jignesh sir ! Quickly I dropped my family and seated in car I clicked, though had spotted these gentlemen standing. my bad, please forgive me!

Quote:
i actually thought of dropping a message to you, but then, I thought you might have got a glimpse of this thread! My bad! :(

indeed it was an awesome experience for my first meet. Next one is planned for monsoon and this time I would be sure to notify you.

BTW, weren't you guys there till 3.30PM? I thought you might have took a bit longer. If so, then how come Pranav didn't spot many other stickered cars in the parking lot?

Jigar: pl next time do sms me, thnx. missing a lot of TBHP action due to work and travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Our bad we missed the spotting. In fact we did see a Xylo come up, drop few people and then moved on. We thought must be for the B'day party being celebrated there.

Most of the stickered car werent there when Pranav dropped by. The least he could have done when he spotted Rohit's duster was get down and look around.
Ghodlur sir: my apologies, please. infact I was in hurry to go service station at Thane, since my vehicle was giving error "check engine.." since few days. did some work there, but still isnt sorted out, but thats a different story.
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 17:42   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Quote:
totally unfortunate for me, that I missed this event, that too very close to my home! actually, my bad that I wasnt following TBHP since a while.

Infact, on 28th I had come to Delhi Darbar to drop my family at 11.30AM (later picked them at 3.30PM), to be part of a kid's birthday celebration there! I noticed this vehicle parked and in my wildest thoughts couldnt sense that a TBHP Meet is also going-on. oopps. Actually, I was about to upload this snap in the 'sticker' thread and came across this meet thread.

Attachment 1079261

Im sure you all had a very good time.

regards,
Pranav
Very unlike me to have missed someone take a pic around me.
Actually I was posting about me and ghodlur having reached the venue when this pic was taken.

So the lesson is, don't just stand there, look around as a T-Bhpian could be lurking around anywhere...
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 18:08   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Very unlike me to have missed someone take a pic around me.
Actually I was posting about me and ghodlur having reached the venue when this pic was taken.

So the lesson is, don't just stand there, look around as a T-Bhpian could be lurking around anywhere...
We take your word Rohit.
Here's the proof: your post at 11:40 PM.

Pranav, missing so much for not checking out the recent posts on TeamBHP!

Idea of monthly meets, lets start planning.

Quote:
Hello Carzone,

Thank you for coming for 30 minutes. Do well in your exams & there will be another drive in monsoon, participate in that.

For others - Carzone is apprearing for this final year engineering exams & still managed to spare some time to come to Delhi Darbar for meet T-BHPians.
Thank you Jignesh for taking up the responsibility so well and all the more patiently answering all my queries over whatsapp. It is because of you and KSM that I had a beautiful Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Hello Guys!!

@Carzone good to meet you although for only a few minutes.
It was good to have a few words, although wanted to have fairly ling discussions with the group there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
No Mumbai meet will ever be complete without Sam... but we will continue to try our best because that is what he will expect.
Quote:

You wrote my thoughts.

Seriously speaking I still cannot believe he is no more. The space created by his passing away probably will not be filled in our lifetime.

Thanks,
You guys brought tears to my eyes. It would have been another feeling if I would have been able to meet him that day.

The vacuum created by him can never be filled up. :(

Last edited by carzone : 30th April 2013 at 18:31.
carzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 18:38   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes, realized it later when speaking to karan and speedy. They mentioned they were running in eco mode to save the planet.

True that & this was the reward of driving the last leg of the journey (after crossing MANOR) in Eco Pro & full Manual mode in top gear (8th)

Name:  image590832565.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  412.8 KB

13.2 km/l i managed to get

Last edited by karan561 : 30th April 2013 at 18:41.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 18:45   #267
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We take your word Rohit.
Here's the proof: your post at 11:40 PM.

Pranav, missing so much for not checking out the recent posts on TeamBHP!
Cut him some slack guys! Poor Pranav might already be repenting sharing the Duster photo here.

Quote:
Idea of monthly meets, lets start planning.
My view is that, these ideas don't stick unless there is a rhythm. Carter road daily meet happens because of that rhythm.

Let's say "first Sunday of every month", "Dahisar toll naka", "7:00am".
Something like that would have much higher chances of sticking.

What say?
Old 30th April 2013, 20:03   #268
Senior - BHPian

I would still go with the quarterly meet thing. Wouldnt want to overdo it and dilute the excitement. Mini meets can keep happening but the main Mumbai Meet should be at a gap. Thats just my opinion.

P.S. - Even though i say this, i would still try to be a part of all those meets if possible (only problem is wifeys taunt "How come NOW you can get up so early and go" and then its Game Over) (I actually got this over the weekend)
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 20:23   #269
BHPian

Frankly i wouldn't term the almost everyday Bandra meet as a T-bhp meet. Its more of a bunch of friends who know each other really well (plenty non-bhpians too) meeting up. A quarterly meet would be good since there will be a set date and most can plan accordingly. I think we also discussed about a whatsapp group, do we see that going anywhere?
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 20:38   #270
Senior - BHPian

Whatsapp group can be a pain with so many people. Talk about adding members every now and then and it would just be too much. Even that will then have to moderated.

The group can be created a week before the meet by adding the confirmed members. We can do this before every meet and delete this post the meet.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote