Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When?
21st April 3 18.75%
28th April 12 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st May 2013, 21:49   #286
BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
I don't mind driving down from Powai for Mamledar's. Love that place.
Yep, we can keep a mini meet on these lines. Lets wait for some other responses, we'll open a new thread when the excitement from this meet dies down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Here are 4 more pics: 2 for you and 2 for balenopower+Urja!

No probs. Would send them to your email id before the weekend.
Thanks SDP, car is looking great in both the pics, now i'm confused which one to choose for my wallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Superbee,

Firstly i am not restoring the Gypsy but you are welcome to come with your questions. For Gypsy restorations, KSM-Vtec is the guy to go to. He has done 2 restorations.
Well technically speaking restoring is not the accurate word, I'm more or less inspired by your gypsy thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...omes-home.html (Dream comes true - Gypsy comes home)

and wanted to hear your story of living with a gypsy. I'm in the market for an offroader, and owning a gypsy is a dream. There will be a bucketload of questions being posted on this forum once I get my hands on one.

Quote:
Secondly, the FFE on the Swift was nice, not too loud but also making its presence felt. From who did you get it done from.
Thanks. Got it done from Automech, Parel. More than the sound, i'm addicted to the power bump. Dynoed at KS Motorsports before and after the mods, noticed ~10bhp raise, it now produces around 82 bhp at the wheels compared to 72 before the mods. Will be opening a dedicated thread for it soon.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:04   #287
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
If not drive, I would love to meet ( atleast) the Thane BHPians I missed out meeting at the DD lunch. What would be the general reaction of Thane public if I propose a small Mini Thane meet, like breakfast at Mamledar's on a Sunday or something ?? We can plan something if we get some responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
I don't mind driving down from Powai for Mamledar's. Love that place.
I will be the first to jump for that proposition. Its been quite sometime now (say an year or so) that I have visited the Mamledars. The only hitch I can see is insufficient parking space, my suggestion would be to park next to the lake opp Ganesh Music store & then walk to Mamledars. What say??
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:34   #288
BHPian

Default Re: The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post

Thanks. Got it done from Automech, Parel. More than the sound, i'm addicted to the power bump. Dynoed at KS Motorsports before and after the mods, noticed ~10bhp raise, it now produces around 82 bhp at the wheels compared to 72 before the mods. Will be opening a dedicated thread for it soon.
hey honeybee

As so many has said you have a very sweet sounding swift. wanted to talk you about the FFE. You have the G13BB rt? An increase of 10bhp at the wheels is amazing. i will be looking forward to thread ?
Mohan Mathew A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:41   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I will be the first to jump for that proposition. Its been quite sometime now (say an year or so) that I have visited the Mamledars.
Hmm... ideas already pouring in for next (mini) meet. That is really good.

Also, seems it is time for Western express Highway guys to visit Thane now. Please do call us, it will be great driving down the Godhbundar road.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:04   #290
BHPian

@Jignesh - No worries, Murphy's law, hopefully now you have my number. And please don't call me sir!

@SuperBee - I didn't even notice, no apology necessary, the trucks were pretty irritating though. Have absolutely no stickers on my car and don't plan to stick any either.

Btw, I managed a 15.5 kmpl over the whole trip, without eco driving!
mwzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 18:20   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post

hey honeybee

As so many has said you have a very sweet sounding swift. wanted to talk you about the FFE. You have the G13BB rt? An increase of 10bhp at the wheels is amazing. i will be looking forward to thread ?
My apologies.

I meant superbee
Mohan Mathew A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 00:00   #292
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Mr.Jignesh/Mr.Kaushik
A great place for a drive/meet would be Dahanu beach.
A few years back I drove there 4/5 times and stayed at hotel Pearline Beach resort. (only on a weekday).The location is very quiet and the hotel is opposite the beach
They have a non airconditioned, but open on all sides, restaurant with tandoori food and a swimming pool, albeit a small one. As I have not eaten there cant comment on the quality of the food but it used to have some people eating every time when I stayed there.
There is another place very near to it but as I didn't stay there do not have the name.One thing I do remember is that the owner stayed at Galaxy,Bandra and he had friend who rode an immaculate Suraj diesel.
Please give it a thought.
Regrds
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 07:55   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Mr.Jignesh/Mr.Kaushik
A great place for a drive/meet would be Dahanu beach.
A few years back I drove there 4/5 times and stayed at hotel Pearline Beach resort. (only on a weekday).The location is very quiet and the hotel is opposite the beach
They have a non airconditioned, but open on all sides, restaurant with tandoori food and a swimming pool, albeit a small one. As I have not eaten there cant comment on the quality of the food but it used to have some people eating every time when I stayed there.
There is another place very near to it but as I didn't stay there do not have the name.
I have been to Dahanu 'n' number of times and totally agree its a peaceful place during the day. During nights, it does get crowded as the locals throng the beach to have that juhu like food around there.

Pearline is a great resort a stones throw away from the beach. Have never stayed in any of them there, but our linch/dinner most of the time used to be from pearline and it was nice.

Another new one which came up around 3-4 years ago is hotel beach classic and is also recommended for stay. Food-wise, I felt pearline as better. IIRC, we don't have an AC resto in pearline, but I might stand corrected.

Dahanu drive would be a good Idea as the beach is also relatively empty during the day.
carzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 08:30   #294
BHPian

I have heard a lot about Pearline resort from my colleagues at work but never really been there.

Count me in for the Dahanu plan
dar3dev|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:35   #295
SDP
Team-BHP Support

This is shaping up nicely!

What better way of beating the summer heat than a day-trip to a nice beach...which is at a driveable distance!
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:19   #296
BHPian

Quote:
This is shaping up nicely!

What better way of beating the summer heat than a day-trip to a nice beach...which is at a driveable distance!
just a distance of exactly 125Kms from Dahisar check-naka. All of us here have got a taste of how splendid the drive is on the NH8 is, the time taken is roughly 1 hours and 45 minutes for a newbie driver like me.

It has to be fun!
Count me in!
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:29   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Mr.Jignesh/Mr.Kaushik. A great place for a drive/meet would be Dahanu beach.
Helo Sir,

Yes. Pearline Beach Resort is a great place.

I have stayed there for two days sometime in 2009 as a part of a Corporate outing. There have very good open area for people like us to talk & discuss.

Also the non-veg food is really delicious (though I am vegeterian, my colleagues praised the non-veg food there). The resort is bang opposite the Dahanu beach & it is a very simple & clean place.

It is exactly 111 kms from Dahisar Toll Plaza (if you have NH-8 from Kasa)

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 00:33   #298
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Just checked on their website. Seems they have expanded by adding rooms and a big hall.
Last time I stayed there I paid a total of rs 800 for 3 nights. It was in 2006. As I was the only guest (always staying on a weekday) I was able to bargain more.
Always took the left turn at Charoti. Very clean and clear road.
Another drive from Dahanu to Bordi,hugging the coast,is superb.Hardly any traffic.

Carzone
Hi
The locals used to hang out about half a km south of the resort. I used to go and eat wada pav and bhelpuri there. Maybe things have changed now

Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 10:26   #299
SDP
Team-BHP Support

For everybody interested in Dahanu beach meet (Pearline resort), how does Sunday 26th May sound? Exactly 4 weeks after the NH8 drive and meet!
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 10:51   #300
BHPian

Quote:
For everybody interested in Dahanu beach meet (Pearline resort), how does Sunday 26th May sound? Exactly 4 weeks after the NH8 drive and meet!
What a date SDP!
My exams end on 24th!
I am in!