Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 23rd September 2013, 11:40   #136
BHPian

Default Re: 2013 Monsoon Drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
After Satara, take a right and that ghat eventually connects you to Chiplun. I have used that once. Which one is that?
That would be Kumbharli ghat.. a very nice and well maintained ghat road too.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 14:43   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good location to shoot a car this weekend? Can't be too crowded. Can wake up at ridiculous hours to get an early start.

Also, would be great if the location is good for a drive, lunch and chill session as well.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 15:08   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Can anyone suggest a good location to shoot a car this weekend? Can't be too crowded. Can wake up at ridiculous hours to get an early start.

Also, would be great if the location is good for a drive, lunch and chill session as well.
Try Bhandardara or Jawhar. Should take you approx 4 hours to reach from Mumbai.

Jawhar should have a lot of Greenery now post the monsoon. Take the Ahmedabad Highway till Kasa and take a right. Do not take the Bhiwandi Route. There is an old palace here. Check if you are allowed to shoot there.

Bhandardara is also very picturesque with lots of windmills enroute. Cross Manas Resort at Igatpuri and take the 2nd right turn for Ghoti Village via which you can go towards Bhandardara. I think that there is an alternative bridge a little ahead as well but not sure as i have never taken it.
Just after the huge lake at Bhandardara, there is a road that twists up on your right and goes winding towards the hill. From here you can get some real nice shots with the huge lake in the background.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 09:04   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Try Bhandardara or Jawhar. Should take you approx 4 hours to reach from Mumbai.
Thanks D! Will check out both. I know Jawhar, can I make Bhandardara without grounding, will it be painful to get there? We are talking some 120mm ground clearance here.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 11:41   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks D! Will check out both. I know Jawhar, can I make Bhandardara without grounding, will it be painful to get there? We are talking some 120mm ground clearance here.
Roads would be bad! Specially after you leave NH3 and take Ghoti-Bhandardara road.

You can try for NH222 also. Kalyan-Malshej road.
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 12:52   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No way with a 120mm GC. Even if the Ghoti Bypass is relayered, there are internal roads which can allow only 1 vehicle to pass and the other will have to get down on the rough patch and at times the 'getting down' itself will be a major issue.

Or you can also head to Uran which is pretty closeby, have heard some good things about the place plus getting there should be a breeze via the JNPT Road.

Or take it to Sula at Nasik.

Or some place on the Ahmedabad Highway, Dahanu / Bordi, all beach side places. The highway is in good shape once you leave Mumbai City so you can also enjoy the drive.

I wont suggest Amby Valley as it has become too common.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote