Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: For or aganist the NCCDP?
For - Yes, great idea. 9 56.25%
Against: No, this sucks! 5 31.25%
Don't know / don't care. 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd June 2006, 09:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sounds impressive like a kind of "show of strength..." but 40 cars, 2 abreast in peak traffic conditions at 7.30 pm averaging speeds of 30-40kmph inside city limits.....where would you be able to do that I wonder & what would it achieve?

For purposes of inviting new members - I don't think so; I would agree with Naveen & Khaadu

Last edited by suman : 23rd June 2006 at 09:36.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Just totally love the enthusiasm on this topic!

8 votes in 11 days!!! WOW!

Can imagine the day of the event...

I think the message is clear
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:09   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Thread's DEAD man.. why do you keep bringing it up..
If anyone WANTS to do something together in Bombay, how about we all go to the JJ fly over..and actually keep to the STUPID 30kmph speed limit and show these DUMBO's who make the rules at the traffic department, that 30 is the dumbest speed that they could keep for the fly over.. now THAT would make more sense than this drive withoug a purpouse!

Hey,

better still we all go in peak traffic outside the high court road around 11.00am and do the same thing at 25km/hr which is the most ridiculous speed limit possible. If the idea is to make a point and sport T-BHP banners ridiculing the speed limit.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:26   #19
BANNED

Elf, dude you know what Mumbai traffic is like at 7:30 pm, there is no way you can have any fun on the road at that time. I suspect the other major cities will have the same problem.

All we'll end up doing is creating more traffic congestion and pissing people off, like how we all feel when processions block traffic during peak hours.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:48   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

better still we all go in peak traffic outside the high court road around 11.00am and do the same thing at 25km/hr which is the most ridiculous speed limit possible. If the idea is to make a point and sport T-BHP banners ridiculing the speed limit.

Viper
Why not do BOTH??
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 09:52   #21
BHPian

Just wondering why this thread is still open
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 10:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

@TrueDreamer, thankyou for bumping up the thread.

i was also planning one such thing in the HYD, but only difference was its on bikes.

Now looking at the thread, should i understand such kind of initiatives dont fetch much on t-BHP or is it that they didnt.

Anyways that was more than a year ago. Why dont we re-boot this idea.

just my 2 paise.
raj.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 11:53   #23
BHPian

I have looked at this thread only now. Thanks for bumping it too.

I am in for something similar in Hyd too but in cars.

Maybe we could combine both.
theexister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 21:08   #24
BHPian

May be we can put do this in a time frame of 1 or 2 months and if possible try to co-ordinate in major metros especially where we see traffic violations a lot. The only thing is we should have considerable amount of people in for this to become successful.
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 10:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
May be we can put do this in a time frame of 1 or 2 months and if possible try to co-ordinate in major metros especially where we see traffic violations a lot. The only thing is we should have considerable amount of people in for this to become successful.
One thing i would like to add is, we should also consider doing things seperately for different cities rather than co-ordinating all the cities.

If we remove the 'promote the t-BHP' as suggested earlier by few from the programme i can talk to other bike/car groups in the city to join in. A similar thing of involving other groups will help us pooling in more numbers.

As for the route in the hyd city, i am thinking about NH9.

Regarding the media coverage, i know a person from ZeeNews. May be through him we can get an all india coverage.

ONE IMPORTANT POINT,
Such an effort will give result if done on an continuous basis over a long period of time.

raj
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 17:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Just thinking aloud - we at T-BHP could land up one evening at major junctions of our cities and help the traffic cops out.

We could distribute pamplets / booklet on which the important rules for driving and the fines for braking rules are mentioned and endorsed by the Mumbai traffic Police dept.

this could work both ways - we get the attention of the people to rules and also get to learn how difficult / easy it is for the traffic cops to handle traffic.

anyone wants to add something while I think some more....
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 17:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good idea there! "normally_crazy", infact this would send a positive message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Just thinking aloud - we at T-BHP could land up one evening at major junctions of our cities and help the traffic cops out.

We could distribute pamplets / booklet on which the important rules for driving and the fines for braking rules are mentioned and endorsed by the Mumbai traffic Police dept.

this could work both ways - we get the attention of the people to rules and also get to learn how difficult / easy it is for the traffic cops to handle traffic.

lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 20:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Plus we would become friends with the cops in the area who may in turn let us go next time we break a rule.(By mistake ofcourse)
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote