Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where should the 1st December MH Mega Meet be organised?
Lonavala (same ole same ole!) 49 74.24%
Aurangabad (something new!) 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th November 2013, 22:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!

Thanks Swapnil for the initiative

IMO lets stick to Lonavla, definitely will have a larger turnout & will have time for discussions as returning back wouldn't be much of a concern.
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 22:50   #17
BHPian

Default re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!

I'm getting faint undertones that the purpose of this thread is getting skewed a little. Why not make a detailed plan for both the options we have and then post it up here, so that everyone can make an informed choice.

Plan 1 - Single day drive + meet - Pawana Dam.
This was done in Feb '12 by the Pune guys and couple of us Mumbai folks had tagged along. Time to return the favour eh?

Drive to Pawana Dam in the morning, have breakfast on the way(lonavala?) or get it packed and eat at the location. Stop, chit chat, mingle etc. Do a comprehensive photoshoot. Drive back. Stop in Lonavala for lunch ( I know T-Bhpians are partial to Sunny's ). Drive back to Mumbai/Pune/Aurangabad.
In case any BHPians are not to keen on the morning drive, they can skip it and directly come for the Lunch meet at Lonavala and mingle. Second photoshoot at Sunny's parking ensures all cars that come to the meet are captured and happy.

Plan 2 - Overnight Stay meet - Aurangabad.
As suggested by Swapnil, if the response to an overnighter is good, we can plan on this meet. The location for the campfire/BBQ is a privately owned property.

Leave Mumbai/Pune on Saturday Afternoon. Reach Aurangabad in the night. Have a campfire with Barbeque, BHPians mingling, having fun until bedtime. Go to your prebooked hotel rooms (we can get mass booking done as per general consensus here). Swapnil - cue for you to come up with the stay plans.
Sunday Morning, meet up and have fun on the dirt track. For those of us who are not into the whole dirt thing, sightseeing around the area(Is there a Taj replica around Aurangabad?). Have a late breakfast/early lunch, and drive back to Mumbai/Pune.

Of course these are the first drafts of the plans that I have come up with. There will be modifications to the chosen plan so that it suits maximum number of people ( We do want maximum number of BHPians to attend don't we ). But I believe that these two plans can be a good starting point for people to first decide whether they want an overnight/day trip.

Comments/Criticisms ?

EDIT : Due to the planning and logistics involved in any of the choices below, lets keep a deadline for the voting. Voting to close on 20th Nov sound good to all ?

Mods : Can this draft of the plan be updated on the first post so that it is easier for all to see and decide/vote?

Last edited by SuperBee : 7th November 2013 at 23:04.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 23:05   #18
BHPian

I would really like to go for a drive (anywhere actually) and Aurangabad isn't that far from Pune tbh. Unfortunately Dec 1 is another day I won't be able to make a meet just like the Oct 12 Pune meet :(
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 23:11   #19
BHPian

Exams getting over on 30th. I also have to visit Motozone, Pune after exams to get some things done on my bike. 1st sounds exciting
I would prefer Aurangabad as its something different. Lonavla meets have been taking place for a long time i guess.
Anyways lets wait till 20th and see the results of the poll
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 23:19   #20
BHPian

Unfortunately 1st December is a No-Go for me due to an important family function. Any other weekend after that is fine. But as no one is talking about any other date, it seems like I will have to give a miss to this one.

Hoping for a Pune meet sometime in December.

Have fun everyone!
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 23:47   #21
BHPian

Just drove to aurangabad yesterday.
Believe me its not a road to be driving.
Infact theres no road for about 40km.
The road until nashik is pure thrill and like butter.
However after that its PATHETIC.

Have driven to Akola from there and the AH46 seems to be better.
Will be heading back on Sunday via the Ah46 i.e
Akola-Khamgaon-dhule-nashik-mumbai.
manas27587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 06:15   #22
BHPian

Very well plotted Raghav.
I guess it will make decision making much easier now.

Regarding stay at Aurangabad, you can choose to stay at hotels or decide to spend the night at the campfire.
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 09:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
Very well plotted Raghav.
I guess it will make decision making much easier now.

Regarding stay at Aurangabad, you can choose to stay at hotels or decide to spend the night at the campfire.
If families would be there then hotel arrangement needs to be done. Can't have kids camping out in tents.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 11:10   #24
BHPian

Well as SDP has put it rightly, it truly is a Head over Heart Matter. Only during such occasions , I really stand up and think, Why the hell I did not prefer a Diesel Motor over Petrol.

I have never been to any of the Mega meets earlier, work never permitted me to. Now since I have time at my hand, both the options looks good to me. However, from exploring new things perspective, and taking my mean machine to an entirely new city my 1 Cent goes to Aurangabad drive. But considering fuel cost, my 2 Cents go to Lonavala drive. Lol am I playing wicket here. However, as Fuel is never a consideration factor for motor-heads, Aurangabad it is.
sawnilrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 11:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Am in for Lonavala.I feel Aurangabad would make sense if we were to leave on Saturday,stay put and return on Sunday (1 dec).
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 12:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
But considering fuel cost, my 2 Cents go to Lonavala drive. Lol am I playing wicket here. However, as Fuel is never a consideration factor for motor-heads, Aurangabad it is.
We have an option for pooling cars for both the drives. I have been driving a lot lately, and would not mind someone to share whether it is Aurangabad or Lonavla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Am in for Lonavala.I feel Aurangabad would make sense if we were to leave on Saturday,stay put and return on Sunday (1 dec).
Hi Rakesh, Aurangabad plan is actually that way. Pls read the plan details posted by superbee once again.
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 12:37   #27
BHPian

This is a great initiative and thank you for starting this thread.
However, I have a family and personal committment on that Date and will miss this event.
Hopefully there will be more in future and I will be able to be a part of history!

Thank you,
Chiro
Chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 13:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
We have an option for pooling cars for both the drives. I have been driving a lot lately, and would not mind someone to share whether it is Aurangabad or Lonavla

Hi Rakesh, Aurangabad plan is actually that way. Pls read the plan details posted by superbee once again.
Oops apologies my bad.I might make it for Aurangabad as am on parol for 2 months starting from Nov 17th(read wifey going to her native)

Last edited by rakesh_r : 8th November 2013 at 13:10.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 17:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
So are we taking the City by Storm or let the Duster bite some dust??
sawnilrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 14:21   #30
BHPian

Thank you Swapnil for the initiative and giving a try for the meet at Aurangabad.
Coming to Aurangabad from Mumbai via Pune wouldn't be a concern as the roads are fine enough. The other route option is via Malshez Ghats, Ahmadnagar, Aurangabaad, around 60 Km short, scenic beauty at Malshez, but road from Malshez to Aaleyphat ( 70 km ) is OK with broken tarmac, one can also visit Chetau Indage wine yard taking a right turn at Aaleyphata on Nasik Pune road ( 11 km one way ) to have a stock for Aurangabad stay. But then you miss Pune in this case.
Places you can visit in and near Aurangabad,
1) Bibi Ka Maqbara ( Taj Replica ), in the city, time required 1 hour
2) Ellora Caves, 22 km from city, @ 4 hours including travel time
3) Grhishneswar Lord Shiva temple ( Jyotirling ), adjacent to Ellora caves
4) Devgiri Fort, enroute to Ellora and 15 km from Aurangabad
It's all unto individual choices where to visit according to the time permits.
ganesh_evo75 is offline   Reply With Quote