Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 4th August 2006, 12:05   #91
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it.

Now I think I will be getting off work at around7:30 or 8:00... Satish, is that fine with you?

Guys, can you gimme your numbers ? I seem to have misplaced your number again Satish *Sheepish grin*

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 4th August 2006, 12:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I'll pick you at around 8:00 PM and we will drive to Prasads where Sam's showroom is located. Naveen can join us there or if he is busy he can catch with us at a pub.
Old 4th August 2006, 12:16   #93
BHPian

8 is perfect Satish.

Pub fine, but did anyone talk to Sam(ji){I like the sound of that!} and ask him what his stomach desires?

If we can make it earlier the next time around, lets goto club 8. 50% off till 8, and with music that appeals to Sam's ears. Although he is bound to crib about their sound system's setup

And pretty please, select a place mildly economical, i'm slightly low on resources.

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 4th August 2006, 12:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it's possible for anybody to come before 8:00 & i heard pretty bad things about Club 8.

Last time we went to Sixth Element. This time we better try something that doesn't have any rules. Last time, Sam's work shorts caught some trouble.
Old 4th August 2006, 13:18   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm ok with any food as long as it is proper hyderabadi. All i get while I'm working at Hyderabad is Subway. That too free. (The Subway franchisee is our local partner here lol, so I'm eating various Subs and salads here ALL the time)

Does Hyderabad have any interesting kababs? I want a new mouthwatering tale to tell 2L8Uloose.
Old 4th August 2006, 13:44   #96
BHPian

Haha... well... lets let the others answer that. I think our choice of places will be limited due to waterlogging, thanks to Mr. Rain God!

Lets see what materialises... but whatever it is, I'M IN!

Oh, and Satish, I never had any problem with club 8... and i go there in shorts pretty often!

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 4th August 2006, 16:13   #97
BHPian

Paradise does serve rather nice kababs, but this will mean we start dinner latest by 2200, especially if kababs are on the menu.

Dhabas are out thanks to the weather. For a late night do, it would have to be a choice between the coffee shops (buffet biryani) and the biryani joints of Charminar.

On the pricey side, the star hotels do offer kababs, Kabab-e-Bahar at Taj Banjara & Peshawri at Kakatiya Sheraton are top picks. The Jewel of Nizam is another restaurant in Hotel Golkonda. Aangan at Yatri Niwas is another possibility. Phew!

Take your pick, Sam! Lets start with you - what is the earliest that you can get off? We'll take it from there.
Old 5th August 2006, 03:14   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm back again from a fun-filled evening at hyderabad. Had a good time, laughed and laughed with airfoil and satish, took godspeeds case (sorry alok), and guys, the JBL store is fully ready and rocking.

I'm fullfilled. pictures on Monday.
Thanks
Old 5th August 2006, 11:01   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ha! So when do we get to meet her?!
By October - you get to see her !
Quote:
ets goto club 8. Last time we went to Sixth Element.
Just curious guys, last time I was in HYD there was a pub called Blockbuster somewhere near a railway station. Is it still around ?
Old 5th August 2006, 17:40   #100
BHPian

@ Sam(ji): Yes yes, glad you enjoyed taking my trip. Not many get the honour to do that :P And next time you come, i'll have the Peter Russell cd ready for you. Can't wait for me to get some time to go finish watching the movie!

@nc: Ahhh... so do we get free 1st day 1st show tickets to go see her?

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 7th August 2006, 18:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Sam, this time it was too much fun. Please post the pics ASAP. Your showroom rocks.

The lie to my wife about my return time backfired this time.
Old 7th August 2006, 18:32   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Default And so we met again!

So, the guys met up again, on Friday, 4th August. I was dead tired - (you know how it is to open a store)
And Satish, Ghost and airfoil came by in the evening. Unfortunately by the time we could leave, it was almost 2230 (This was my fault and once again I am sorry guys, i hope you enjoyed the JBL home theatre lounge and werent too bored)

ghostrider was extremely excited by all the various toys

Then I set up SPEEDWAY, so they could see it in the HT room.
And thats all of us near the Car Audio Section, before we left.

A few pics of the store if you wanna see what the fuss was about

Then we went drinking, great place, even nicer sound

Thanks for a great evening boys, see you next month
And post up your pix willya?
Old 8th August 2006, 00:29   #103
Senior - BHPian

Alok, last I remember, everyone used to take your trip!

Hey Sam, what's this about see you next month in Hyd, and once a year in BLR? We want our SamTV!!!
Old 8th August 2006, 00:45   #104
BHPian

Ouch Sam, mind taking out the red eyes before putting up the pics the next time! We look like the vampires from underworld!
Guys, the stuff at the showroom was out of this world... literally (referring to the alien faces and dath vader! ). And I finally got to find out why Sam was forbidden to sing his version of the HDFC ad (refer to a certain post in the irritating ad's on tv thread)!

Eppp akshay, when did anyone take my trip in school. BTW, airfoil happens to be our senior in school. From the '88 batch if im not wrong.

Yes, it was a good meet (with a little meat involved too). And i'm sick now, down with the flu. So my phone's pics gonna come up the moment I get better!

Godspeed,

Alok.
Old 8th August 2006, 09:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Here are pics from my mobile.

Sam infront of his shop

Alok is still excited about the toys at Sam's showroom
Closed Thread