Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 9th January 2014, 12:07   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan

Dear all,

If it is ok, I would like to invite a non Team-Bhpian friend of mine who works with the Happy Streets project and was excited about the clothes donation.
keshavarora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 12:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Delhi Meet & Cause Initiative: Blanket and Clothes distribution Drive - 12th Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavarora View Post
Dear all,

If it is ok, I would like to invite a non Team-Bhpian friend of mine who works with the Happy Streets project and was excited about the clothes donation.
It will be our pleasure mate, anyone who is willing to join our cause is more than welcome.

thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 13:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavarora View Post
Dear all,

Absolutely. Putting a +1 with your name.
Here's the Updated List:

1. Sidindica - Siddharth Shankar
2. Devilwearsprada - Utsav
3. Samar117 - Samar Narayan
4. Sameerg001 - Sammer Gupta
5. samarth.bhatia - Samarth Bhatia
6. Aditya Anand - Offline BHP'ian
7. Sinharishi- Risha Sinha
8. mints121
9. ad3952sn - Akash
10. AceF355
11. keshavarora + 1

I request everyone to please share this on FB, remind their family & friends to join the cause (in person / in contribution with warm items).

Look forward to this Sunday.

Cheers,
Sam

P.S. Let's decide timing & location soon. I'm assuming morning works for most, timing needs to be fine tuned. Somewhere around CP should be a reasonable central location, suiting most. We can move from there.

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 9th January 2014 at 14:01.
samarth.bhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 15:02   #34
BHPian

Let us all meet up at A-block parking, CP as decided earlier by Utsav.
I had earlier suggested a time of 8 AM, but AD pointed out it might be better at 10 AM. I'll take the middle bit then, and suggest we be there at 9:00 AM.
We can distribute the clothes there around CP itself, and then continue with the TBHP meet. ( Breakfast, bickering etc )
Samar117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 15:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great Samar, Thanks for your consideration.
Old 9th January 2014, 15:16   #36
BHPian

9 AM sounds fine to me. Everyone please confirm if they are comfortable with time.
keshavarora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 16:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

9 is cool. I'll be there.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 16:41   #38
BHPian

I'm good with 9 am. I hope it works for all.
As far as CP is concerned, I assume that would be the meeting point? Where do we do the distribution bit?
I've been around the Lodhi Road flyover(near Oberoi Hotel) for similar work before..

Also, we need to probably sort out the entire collection of material to be given away, based on size (different lots for clothes - kid size, adult size, etc., a different lot for blankets) - as we will not get too much time to do this while distribution itself.

So one is that flyover, where else can we go around that area? Nizamuddin?
Old 9th January 2014, 17:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
I'm good with 9 am. I hope it works for all.
As far as CP is concerned, I assume that would be the meeting point? Where do we do the distribution bit?
I've been around the Lodhi Road flyover(near Oberoi Hotel) for similar work before..

Also, we need to probably sort out the entire collection of material to be given away, based on size (different lots for clothes - kid size, adult size, etc., a different lot for blankets) - as we will not get too much time to do this while distribution itself.

So one is that flyover, where else can we go around that area? Nizamuddin?
Well Samarth you seem to know more about that area. We shall go as per your recommendation. Or if anyone has any ideas, do chip in.

Rightly said, we shall first need to assemble at A-Block, CP. Take out all the clothes, organize and categorize them, and then proceed to distribute what all we have.
Old 9th January 2014, 17:57   #40
Team-BHP Support

Guys, do also take a quick look at this post on our facebook page.

Some non-members might be interested to join, and they may reply there.

Nice initiative I hope you find people to give the clothes and blankets to (Murphy's law!!). Do have a back up plan too

All the best, and hope to see more cities follow suit with similar initiatives.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th January 2014 at 17:59.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 19:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Guys, do also take a quick look at this post on our facebook page.

Some non-members might be interested to join, and they may reply there.

Nice initiative All the best, and hope to see more cities follow suit with similar initiatives.
Dear Rehaan, Thanks alot for appreciating the efforts. I believe Samar and Utsav have been doing their ernest efforts of gathering us all for this noble deed. I guess since Tbhp is put up in Mumbai so definitely same activity can be organized there as well.

thanks

AD
Old 9th January 2014, 22:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Some non-members might be interested to join...
Excellent suggestion Rehaan. Most of us here are already behind our friends & family to contribute in whatever way possible - FB is certainly helping pass on the message.

Here's a proposed route map for our movement:

Block A CP =TO= Lodhi Road-Lala Lajpat Rai Junction Flyover =TO= Nizammuddin

After this zone, if we still have more to contribute, we can head to Point D (Sai Baba Mandir)

And if Murphy is really mad at us, and we still have more warm clothes, we can head to areas around Safdarjung Hospital.

Let me know if this is what we intend to do.

Sam
Old 9th January 2014, 22:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post

And if Murphy is really mad at us, and we still have more warm clothes, we can head to areas around Safdarjung Hospital.

Let me know if this is what we intend to do.

Sam
May Lord Murphy be with us. Excellent route there Samarth bhaiya. Even I had thought of the area near Sai temple as a probable place. I suggest we stick to this route.
Old 9th January 2014, 23:51   #44
BHPian

Okay.
Now I suggest let's understand what each one of us is getting. This is just for the purposes of planning everything accordingly.

Adult Sweaters:
1 no

Kids Sweaters:
0 nos

Blankets:
0 nos

Please add above.

I would also suggest let's pool together some money to buy blankets - I assume the cost would be between 100 to 200 Rupees per blanket.
If there're 12 of us for now, even if each person can contribute about Rs. 200, we can get around 12 to 24 blankets. We can put the money in the account of any one of us, or we can just hand over the cash on Sunday itself. Just a thought.

Sam
Old 10th January 2014, 11:15   #45
BHPian

My suggestion will be to keep the meeting point Lodhi Road or Friend's colony or a place near to the distribution venue. I feel we may end up wasting a lot of time in first reaching CP and then coming all the way back to the areas you guys have selected for distribution and again heading back to CP for breakfast and to other location for photoshoot. Please let me know your views on this.
mints21 is offline   Reply With Quote