Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 28th July 2014, 11:46   #196
BHPian

Default re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
HAHA,yes Yash, but it was fun. I actually thought everyone had gone ahead and was trying to make the most of it..playing catch up.. . I did see you flashing but thought you wanted to pass me, so decided to make you work for it..
Haha just because of your "catch-up catch-up game" we went so ahead that I was literally doing nothing for 20 odd mins just waiting outside the car, time and again thinking what if someone comes and loots me!

Speedy very frankly if by any chance I could manage to by-pass you, I wouldn't have had as much fun as I had following you, neck-to-neck. Great driving buddy.
yashcosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 12:03   #197
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Haha just because of your "catch-up catch-up game" we went so ahead that I was literally doing nothing for 20 odd mins just waiting outside the car, time and again thinking what if someone comes and loots me!

Speedy very frankly if by any chance I could manage to by-pass you, I wouldn't have had as much fun as I had following you, neck-to-neck. Great driving buddy.

Having fun already i see. Youv seen nothing yet

Keep driving with us...youl see what i mean.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 12:07   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Having fun already i see. Youv seen nothing yet

Keep driving with us...youl see what i mean.
yesterday was just a gist I guess. Also little sad about the fact that the group was dispersed after the breakfast because that is when the fun began in true sense, otherwise it would be way too much fun if all of us together got a little carried away!
Old 28th July 2014, 19:36   #199
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12

This was the my first drive with bhpians and I had a great time driving and meeting people who just talked about cars all the time Sadly I couldn't talk to everyone.I had installed the spider tuning box and bmc filter just a day before the drive and I had a great time pushing the suv to its limits in the first half and decided to be modest and drive with the group till the resort. Thank you Swapnil and the coordinators for organizing this trip,looking forward to the next trip.

Last edited by kn09 : 28th July 2014 at 19:51.
kn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 21:01   #200
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12

ohh man missed the thread,hope you all guys enjoyed,pics can do the talking

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 00:49   #201
BHPian

Lemme start with a few sample pics - a trailer before the pics from the professionals get uploaded!!
I've hardly taken any pics as it was raining throughout! Here's what I managed! This is en-route to Malshej Ghat and not actually of that place!
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-1406574987109.jpg  

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-1406575002125.jpg  

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-1406575017146.jpg  

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-1406575048971.jpg  

nishantbhatia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 07:58   #202
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
....I had installed the spider tuning box and bmc filter just a day before the drive and I had a great time pushing the suv to its limits in the first half ...
I am sorry to point this put, but a two-lane narrow winding road is hardly the place to push a large SUV to its limits, especially when you are driving in a mixed group with a variety of vehicles. A few people who were part of the drive did comment about the Grey Fortuner and trust me the comments weren't about how fantastically "to the limits" it was being driven .

So, without being any more preachy, please take care of this going forward. Just a humble request.

Last edited by SDP : 29th July 2014 at 08:06.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 09:47   #203
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Please take care during Team-BHP meets. A Team-BHP meet is not about testing your tuning box or displaying your driving skills. A Team-BHP meet is about getting to know the people you interact with online personally and talk about cars.

Cheers,
Vid
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 10:07   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I am sorry to point this put, but a two-lane narrow winding road is hardly the place to push a large SUV to its limits, especially when you are driving in a mixed group with a variety of vehicles. A few people who were part of the drive did comment about the Grey Fortuner and trust me the comments weren't about how fantastically "to the limits" it was being driven .

So, without being any more preachy, please take care of this going forward. Just a humble request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Guys,

Please take care during Team-BHP meets. A Team-BHP meet is not about testing your tuning box or displaying your driving skills. A Team-BHP meet is about getting to know the people you interact with online personally and talk about cars.

Cheers,
Vid

Sorry guys,I got a little carried away with the roads and the new updates
please dont judge me for this
kn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 13:59   #205
BHPian

Guys here is a short video I shot during the drive.

Seriously hate myself for shooting it in portrait orientation, had I shot it in landscape it would be much better.
Old 29th July 2014, 16:08   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Guys here is a short video I shot during the drive.
Seriously hate myself for shooting it in portrait orientation, had I shot it in landscape it would be much better.

In the end it shows that you were driving with your hazard lights on if I am not wrong, which is a very wrong practise. Please avoid that and use fog lamps instead. Nice video, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th July 2014 at 16:15. Reason: removing video link
Rohitj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 16:13   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
In the end it shows that you were driving with your hazard lights on if I am not wrong, which is a very wrong practise. Please avoid that and use fog lamps instead. Nice video,
Hey Rohit totally agree with you that it is a wrong practise but the problem was I wasn't sure how powerful my fog lamps were at that moment, and being a black car I did not want to take a risk, as the fog was more than usual.

Though Aman later pointed out that my fog lamps are good enough and that is when I stopped using the hazard lamps.
Old 30th July 2014, 16:20   #208

Hi All,
Great time at the meet. Sorry, had to leave early immediately after lunch due to some urgent work at home.

Below are some snaps from my phone camera (amateurish effort with a defective camera, but, still, though of sharing).

1. Impromptu stop somewhere before Kalyan, waiting for some more people to arrive.
Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-dsc_8938.jpg

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-dsc_8939.jpg

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-dsc_8940.jpg

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-dsc_8941.jpg

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-dsc_8942.jpg

2. View from the Resort towards the highway (with a glimpse of all the resting drives).

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-dsc_8947.jpg

Mumbai & Pune BHPians, drive to Malshej Ghat, 27th July. Final Plan on page 12-dsc_8949.jpg

Swapnil, Aman and all the co-ordinators on this drive, great job.

Here's to many more of such wonderful experiences.
deepak2579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 21:50   #209
Senior - BHPian

Its been 3 days since the drive and the usual suspects have not posted any report nor pics. Still processing the pics are you
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 07:35   #210
BHPian

Requesting all who have the pics to please post them. There are many non members who follow this thread but can't post here. Requesting them to email their set of pics to me so that we can post them here.
My email : swapszone@gmail.com
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote