Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st September 2014, 15:27   #166
BHPian

Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Saurabh too shall say, "My Lord, I am hereby stating my side of the story here" Lol
AD sir, please do consider the fate of this poor guy who has to argue with the Lord itself (read his wife)

Quote:
LMAO! That is one thing that I am going to start. Have been thinking on it for quite sometime. A guy who often goes through the fire and walks on hot ashes for his wife/ special one can understand husbands better and can empathize with them.

As you are a patenting lawyer (as i remember), I'll share this topic first! ROFL!
Haha. I have no problems with you starting the thread sir. I am a patent lawyer for sure, but I promise I will not file a suit against you for starting the thread

Quote:
Certainly, Pre Diwali meet is in the planning already. Will keep you informed.
Will be there for sure.
mandywanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 15:52   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
AD sir, please do consider the fate of this poor guy who has to argue with the Lord itself (read his wife)
I am highly considerate in this respect. Even I am often in the same situation when arguing (read reasoning as arguing is much more impossible than re-constructing a Titanic) with my special one. Yet its always the same fate i.e "Lords" decision is always final.

Quote:
Haha. I have no problems with you starting the thread sir. but I promise I will not file a suit against you for starting the thread
Thank god, Let me get an official "infraction" from my special one (read marriage) then I will share with courage that how happy I am!

Quote:
Will be there for sure.
Great, looking forward to meeting both of you again!

Take care.

Akash
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 15:57   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey Joy, I just remembered your change from the 500/- is with me. What say we meet the coming weekend at market#2 for some rolls & cutlets
Tarun no problem.
I am game for a mini TBHP meet...and if it's market 2 all the better. I can definitely recommend some shops having grown up with them!

Just to make sure that no one else feels left out.... how about Sunday evening 21st September?

Remember to park on the sides of Mela Ground, to avoid being towed from Bipin Chandra Pal Rd!
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:05   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Tarun no problem.
I am game for a mini TBHP meet...and if it's market 2 all the better.
Just to make sure that no one else feels left out....
how about Sunday evening 21st September?
Quote:
Hey Joy, What say we meet the coming weekend at market#2 for some rolls & cutlets
Both of you are leaving out this poor chap! Do you both realize that my health is not good and I am as thin as pencil. Lol! These cutlets and rolls can help me put on some weight for good. Make it on 14th September and ask Shom sir too.

Thanks!
Old 1st September 2014, 16:09   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Make it on 14th September and ask Shom sir too.

Thanks!
Akash sir, don't worry 14th sep is equally good from my perspective!
I unfortunately am a mere mortal, and cant speak for exalted DBHPians like Doctor saab who have patients to take care of - as their first calling in life!
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:47   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shom Sir, come on! As of now timing is not given. Please adjust a bit to our wishes sir. I will make sure you won't miss out next one.
Sometimes a lunch meet sounds more attractive than the usual breakfast meets! October afternoon won't be that warm, and instead of It's 9, we could always try out some excellent momos, double fried pork chili, thukpa, soup, chowmein, fried rice etc. for lunch about 100 yards away, on the other side of the market.

But I leave that to your excellent organizational abilities. In case any help is required about managing a big gathering, the secretary of the the food court shop owners' association is an old friend, so arrangements can be made, along with a small discount on their list prices.
Quote:
I am game for a mini TBHP meet...and if it's market 2 all the better. I can definitely recommend some shops having grown up with them!
Just to make sure that no one else feels left out.... how about Sunday evening 21st September?
14th or 21st afternoon or evening sounds good. #2 Market also sounds good!
Quote:
I unfortunately am a mere mortal, and cant speak for exalted DBHPians like Doctor saab who have patients to take care of - as their first calling in life!
You will receive an appropriate reply to that comment when we meet next...

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 1st September 2014 at 16:52.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:50   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Tarun no problem.

Remember to park on the sides of Mela Ground, to avoid being towed from Bipin Chandra Pal Rd!
I am game too! Sounds like a lovely plan. And been a long long time since I had the rolls from mkt 2!
Any Sunday will do
Samar117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:57   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Sometimes a lunch meet sounds more attractive than the usual breakfast meets! October afternoon won't be that warm, and instead of It's 9, we could always try out some excellent momos, double fried pork chili, thukpa, soup, chowmein, fried rice etc. for lunch about 100 yards away, on the other side of the market.
Shom Sir, Please be considerate when you are mentioning such delicious preparations as people like me start visualizing them straight away. You reminded me of Momos, oh god! Now will have to eat a plate.

I agree with you sir on the timings and lunch. I will surely need your guidance on the same. Will post a thread in this month's end.

Quote:
But I leave that to your excellent organizational abilities.
Sir I am a newbie in this and you are a professional in this. Thanks for praise.

Quote:

You will receive an appropriate reply to that comment when we meet next...
Mr Joy, Now be ready for a joyful ride next time with Shom Sir. Lol!

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 1st September 2014 at 16:59. Reason: Multi quote
Old 1st September 2014, 17:13   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir I am a newbie in this and you are a professional in this. Thanks for praise.
Professional at organizing Team-BHP meets? Oh, no! And you might be new to Team-BHP, but that doesn't mean your life-skills are not developed - good work deserves praise.
Old 1st September 2014, 18:17   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Professional at organizing Team-BHP meets? Oh, no! And you might be new to Team-BHP, but that doesn't mean your life-skills are not developed - good work deserves praise.
Doc, pardon my ignorance, but where is this lovely place to eat where we plan to meet next? Mkt1 and Mkt 2 seems unheard of to my taste buds!

Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:50   #176
Senior - BHPian

Now this is what is called "The Power of Change"

Quote:
Tarun no problem.
I am game for a mini TBHP meet...

Quote:
Both of you are leaving out this poor chap! ....... Make it on 14th September and ask Shom sir too.

Quote:
Sometimes a lunch meet sounds more attractive than the usual breakfast meets! ...............

14th or 21st afternoon or evening sounds good. #2 Market also sounds good!

Rohan this is the local 'in colony' market of the EPDP colony. There are several markets and they are identified by numerals 1, 2 & so on. Since the colony was originally settled in by people from Bengal the connect to the street foods of Calcutta remains very strong. One of the last bastions of getting yummy food at prices that are more in line with Cal than Del. It is the place to visit especially during the Durga Puja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Doc, pardon my ignorance, but where is this lovely place to eat where we plan to meet next? Mkt1 and Mkt 2 seems unheard of to my taste buds!

Rohan

In fact when we meet later this month, will try and line up an evening of walking from one Pandal to the next savouring all of the delicacies on offer under the expert guidance of Doc and Joy unless they peel off to Calcutta. It will be a dream come true both for the foodies and the shutterbugs @ad3952n, this especially with you in mind. We need to work on that twig like structure of yours
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:58   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Market #1 and #2 are at CR Park, where *rolls* and *cutless* are the delicacies available - and where joybhowmik and khoj are proposing to meet. The one I mentioned earlier as a lunch meet venue in October is the Food Court (popularly known as the Momo Street) at the Yashwant Place Market.
Old 1st September 2014, 21:07   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ad3952n, this especially with you in mind. We need to work on that twig like structure of yours
I guess "tooth-pik" would be more apt to describe my structure. And actually, the tagline of Idea Cellular fits well here "What an Idea sirji"

Quote:
Market #1 and #2 are at CR Park, where *rolls* and *cutless* are the delicacies available - and where joybhowmik and khoj are proposing to meet.
Great, CR Park is good place, I think there is a place in there which sells fish pakora/ cutlets too. I am in! Shom sir, Bhaalo idea!

Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 21:35   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bhaalo idea!
Tell that to joybhowmik, who has been eternally desperate to shift meets from Bikers Cafe to Chitto Park! Only problem was, no one at Chitto Park serves anything resembling breakfast and coffee at 8 AM.
Old 1st September 2014, 21:58   #180
Senior - BHPian

Doctor ji I was trying to have some fun with the EPDP/CR park thingy moving on....

Why don't we switch the meet venues between Sep and Oct. September let's do the Momo street and then CR Park during Navratras.

Quote:
Market #1 and #2 are at CR Park, where *rolls* and *cutless* are the delicacies available - and where joybhowmik and khoj are proposing to meet. The one I mentioned earlier as a lunch meet venue in October is the Food Court (popularly known as the Momo Street) at the Yashwant Place Market.

Biker's Cafe is desirable as it involves a bit of driving, sorry Joy.
Though I must say the food at BC is a disappointment. The omelette at It's9 was way better :P

Quote:
Tell that to joybhowmik, who has been eternally desperate to shift meets from Bikers Cafe to Chitto Park! Only problem was, no one at Chitto Park serves anything resembling breakfast and coffee at 8 AM.

Let's start working on the toothpick(s) from Noida. Come Sunday & I will be at Oberoi in sector 63 for the Jet's annual and then plan to follow it up with a session at Sanjay's place. Any recommendations for lunch in that general area.

Quote:
I guess "tooth-pik" would be more apt to describe my structure. And actually, the tagline of Idea Cellular fits well here "What an Idea sirji"

Great, CR Park is good place, I think there is a place in there which sells fish pakora/ cutlets too. I am in! Shom sir, Bhaalo idea!

Thanks
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote