Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 19:31   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
joybhowmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 1,885 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

How about lunch at Chanakyapuri (https://www.zomato.com/ncr/chimney-s...puri-new-delhi) the coming Sunday (21 September)?
I am game! Anyone else interested?
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 19:46   #197
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
I am game! Anyone else interested?
Oh good! We have a plan. 1 PM sounds good?

Let's have a show of hands, guys!

joybhowmik
SS-Traveller

Edit: Oh, and families welcome!

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 16th September 2014 at 19:49.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 20:09   #198
Newbie
 
Nikhil_Kapil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: N.Delhi
Posts: 16
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Mmmm... Looks like we (me) missed the details like, date, time & venue... Help!!!
Nikhil_Kapil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 20:38   #199
BHPian
 
Biraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NCR
Posts: 545
Thanked: 960 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Adding my name to the list.
  • joybhowmik
  • SS-Traveller
  • Biraj
Biraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 21:20   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Doc how about dinner instead or maybe moving the date to the next Sunday the 28th. I have the Jet to take care of on the 21st for it's third service and any more delay might create a problem of extended warranty going for a toss.

OR

The venue could be moved to Noida (anywhere around sector 63). There are some restaurants that were pointed out to me a couple of pages back on this thread. Let me know what works.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Would love to!

How about lunch at Chanakyapuri (https://www.zomato.com/ncr/chimney-s...puri-new-delhi) the coming Sunday (21 September)?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 21:47   #201
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Doc how about dinner instead...
Not on a Sunday night. Why add to my Monday morning blues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
...or maybe moving the date to the next Sunday the 28th.
28th onwards I've got guests at home. And then begins Durga Puja!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I have the Jet to take care of on the 21st for it's third service...
How about you get the Jet serviced on Saturday (20th)?
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 22:15   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

20th is what came to my mind too, however both the service centres that I prefer are in areas where traffic is a mess (enroute for Oberoi) and around+in the general area for Tulli Fiat. Sunday works out to be the best. The service this time around requires changing all of the fluids and will take time otherwise I could have joined you a bit late.

How about Saturday dinner OR better yet you guys go ahead with the lunch and while there do plan up for an evening at CR during the Pujo involving pandal hopping and savouring some delectable eats. We could even make it a family affair and I am sure that ladies & kids will love it.
I leave the details to you and hope that this gels with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Not on a Sunday night. Why add to my Monday morning blues...

How about you get the Jet serviced on Saturday (20th)?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 22:28   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
joybhowmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 1,885 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
20th is what came to my mind too, however both the service centres that I prefer are in areas where traffic is a mess (enroute for Oberoi) and around+in the general area for Tulli Fiat. Sunday works out to be the best. The service this time around requires changing all of the fluids and will take time otherwise I could have joined you a bit late.

How about Saturday dinner OR better yet you guys go ahead with the lunch and while there do plan up for an evening at CR during the Pujo involving pandal hopping and savouring some delectable eats. We could even make it a family affair and I am sure that ladies & kids will love it.
I leave the details to you and hope that this gels with you.
Tarun sir, I have been meekly observing this exchange with mute appreciation of the travails of a Fiat owner. Believe me, I have been in your shoes too.

I am fine for some other time/date/venue. But have you thought about postponing the service to the next sunday/saturday through the very good connections you would already have at Tulli Fiat? I have found these service managers to be quite receptive when faced with a customer suffering from extenuating circumstances - and usually are willing to bend a rule or two from the book.
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 22:36   #204
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Joy, you dear fellow are our Bengal Tiger, you need not do anything meekly

As for connections already leaned on them as the actual due date is already past, a fortnight ago. As I said you guys go ahead with lunch but do firm up the 'Pandal Hopper'. Now that will be a meet people will remember for a long time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Tarun sir, I have been meekly observing this exchange with mute appreciation of the travails of a Fiat owner. Believe me, I have been in your shoes too.

I am fine for some other time/date/venue. But have you thought about postponing the service to the next sunday/saturday through the very good connections you would already have at Tulli Fiat? I have found these service managers to be quite receptive when faced with a customer suffering from extenuating circumstances - and usually are willing to bend a rule or two from the book.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 23:39   #205
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil_Kapil View Post
Mmmm... Looks like we (me) missed the details like, date, time & venue... Help!!!
Quoting the details for your convenience again. The link points to the place where we propose to meet. Add your name and repost the updated list if you plan to join us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
...lunch at Chanakyapuri (https://www.zomato.com/ncr/chimney-s...puri-new-delhi) the coming Sunday (21 September)?
Time: 1 pm.

List :
joybhowmik
SS-Traveller
Biraj
khoj (50:50)

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 16th September 2014 at 23:41.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 22:52   #206
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default Re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Joy Proposes, Fiat disposes

Late afternoon got a call from the CRM at Tulli. She was reconfirming Sunday's early morning appointment and before I could reply she says "Sir, why don't you reschedule for the next weekend".

I am thinking WTH, Joy spoke to them or what?

She goes on "Fiat has organised a service camp next weekend wherein there are discounts on parts/consumables and labour, so shall I rebook you for the 26th, 27th or the 28th" and I am already wondering where is Doc's post that had the menu attached

See you guys @ eat street

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
But have you thought about postponing the service to the next sunday/saturday through the very good connections you would already have at Tulli Fiat?

List :
joybhowmik
SS-Traveller
Biraj
khoj
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 07:21   #207
Senior - BHPian
 
joybhowmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 1,885 Times
Default Re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Joy Proposes, Fiat disposes
More like - all's well that ends well.
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 09:08   #208
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default Re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
joybhowmik
SS-Traveller
Biraj
khoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Adding my name...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil_Kapil View Post
Help!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykishan.jk View Post
My wife and I would definitely love to be a part of the next meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Next meet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Did this meet happen...
Reminder: We are meeting at 1 PM today at Eat Street, Yashwant Place Market, Chanakyapuri, Shop #16 (Chimney Sizzlers).

See you there.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 09:58   #209
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,537
Thanked: 1,060 Times
Default Re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Skipping as guest @ home today...
v&v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 16:54   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default Re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Great meet with myself, SS-Traveller, joybhowmik, Predatoronwheelz & porky in attendance.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rush (Racing Movie). On TV this Sunday - 28th September 2014 JayPrashanth Shifting gears 55 21st November 2014 20:41
NCR meet on Sunday, 16th March 2014. EDIT: Now 21st June too? drmohitg The Team-BHP Meet Section 75 5th June 2014 15:18
The Mumbai Drive(NH8) & Lunch Meet(Delhi Darbar, Mira Road) - Sunday 28th April 2013 KSM-Vtec The Team-BHP Meet Section 315 4th June 2013 02:07
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 1221 2nd January 2012 11:54
The Kool Sparky Meet in Bangy - Sunday (14th) Lunch Nimz The Team-BHP Meet Section 30 19th October 2007 13:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks