Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


View Poll Results: Where?
Lonavla 20 40.00%
Bhandardara 8 16.00%
Wai 15 30.00%
Murud Janjira 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 13:50   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,020
Thanked: 978 Times
Default

Bhandardara would be fantastic, but I agree with Swapnil that lunch would be an issue there. No denying it's convenience and beauty though.
iliketurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 14:16   #32
BHPian
 
nishantbhatia84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
Bhandardara is a good and scenic option. But the roads that lead to the place are not so good. Plus for lunch we will have limited options. Unless we want to come back out and have lunch at Igatpuri.

Please suggest.
Igatpuri to Bhandardara is around 40kms - which seems to be feasible if we have to come back to Igatpuri for lunch. Plenty of options available at Igatpuri plus it'll be easier for us to push-off for Mumbai once done!
Looks like we might have a date at 18th Jan - as per the poll (till date) - but we need more participants and votes to get a definitive answer!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 15:54   #33
BHPian
 
swapszone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 29 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Never heard of Bhandardhara, but on googling it seems a good option.
below are titles of reviews on tripadvisor.

reviews during Sept-oct 2014:

Bhandardhara - A missing weekend haven near Mumbai - A must visit place from Mumbai & Pune.”
Undiscovered gem
Breathtaking Ride and Amazing Lake View
Good Place To Be In
India's switzerland, heaven in maharastra
Treasure of God!!!

-reviews during masoon 2014:

A must visit place during Monsoon!
It's like Maharashtra's green heaven
Beautiful
What a sight in the rains!
Awesome monsoon getaway from Mumbai
Must Monsoon Maharashtra
Monsoon Trek from Bari to Kalsubai Peak- 8km from Bhandadara
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Bhandardara would be fantastic, but I agree with Swapnil that lunch would be an issue there. No denying it's convenience and beauty though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Igatpuri to Bhandardara is around 40kms - which seems to be feasible if we have to come back to Igatpuri for lunch. Plenty of options available at Igatpuri plus it'll be easier for us to push-off for Mumbai once done!
Looks like we might have a date at 18th Jan - as per the poll (till date) - but we need more participants and votes to get a definitive answer!
In 2013, we drove to Bhandhardara for a Monsoon Drive, as Malshej Ghat was blocked due to landslides. This was an EPIC Drive.
You can follow the Thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...on-drives.html (2013 Monsoon Drives)

EagleEye described The story of an EPIC drive --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...pic-drive.html (Rain, fog, waterfalls, a huge lake & 6 cars - The story of an EPIC drive!)

We can certainly look at this as an option, lets see what others have to say.

And yes, 18th January looks like a favorite right now. But very few have voted.

Last edited by swapszone : 12th November 2014 at 15:57.
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 15:59   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,020
Thanked: 978 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
In 2013, we drove to Bhandhardara for a Monsoon Drive, as Malshej Ghat was blocked due to landslides. This was an EPIC Drive.

Oh I believe you completely. I read that thread earlier this year and did the drive with some friends. It was sublime, without a doubt. Wouldn't mind doing it again!
iliketurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 16:02   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

Only the ghoti bypass road is a mess otherwise the roads are good and a little bit of last patch near bhandardara is bad.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 16:08   #36
BHPian
 
swapszone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 29 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

But, how does this one fit in for the Pune guys. Its about 165kms for them on a 4 HRS drive.

But for us, though is about the same 165kms, but on a 3 HRS drive.

Both will take different roads mostly.
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 16:42   #37
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 467
Thanked: 439 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
But, how does this one fit in for the Pune guys. Its about 165kms for them on a 4 HRS drive.

But for us, though is about the same 165kms, but on a 3 HRS drive.

Both will take different roads mostly.
Pune guys will be taking NH50(Pune-Chakan-Narayangaon-Otur) which is not a 4 lane highway throughout. Roads post Otur will be state highways thereby increasing the travel time a bit. From Mumbai it's 4-laned NH3 all the way!
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 17:52   #38
BHPian
 
BeingCynical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 183
Thanked: 406 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Pune guys will be taking NH50(Pune-Chakan-Narayangaon-Otur) which is not a 4 lane highway throughout. Roads post Otur will be state highways thereby increasing the travel time a bit. From Mumbai it's 4-laned NH3 all the way!
I agree with Dodge here. Guys from Mumbai would find it lot easier than those from Pune. The Google Map even suggests a drive time of 3 and quarter of an hour and from my experience the actual drive time generally exceeds by at least an hour wrt GMap time. Even if we make to the spot in about 3 hours and half, it still would call for a 7 hours return drive and add to that, at least 3 hours spend at the venue and for lunch. That adds up to 10 hours. Not sure how many would fancy this mathematics.

That said, let the Pune mass decide according to their convenience. I am OK with this destination.

Last edited by BeingCynical : 12th November 2014 at 17:53.
BeingCynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 09:07   #39
BHPian
 
swapszone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

I don't think time is a concern here for anyone.
Most of these drives take entire day. As last seen on the Monsoon Drive to Malshej Ghat.
Everyone will be happy to complete within a day rather than a overnight.
Just hope the distance isn't a concern.
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 09:17   #40
BHPian
 
BeingCynical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 183
Thanked: 406 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
I don't think time is a concern here for anyone.
Most of these drives take entire day. As last seen on the Monsoon Drive to Malshej Ghat.
Everyone will be happy to complete within a day rather than a overnight.
Just hope the distance isn't a concern.
I for being one from Pune don't have any problem, either with the time or the distance.

Where are the Pune guys here? Could you please share your concerns/suggestions as well for the venue to be sealed?
BeingCynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 09:36   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli/Gurgao
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 1,120 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

I am really not sure many will be able to spend ten hours, and most of that driving, on a weekend for the meet. But there don't seem to be any places close by for all, if you rule out the usual haunts at Lonavla and nearby.

Ganapati Pule will be tiring even for Mumbai folks unless you are staying overnight.

The biggest issue I see in a large scale meet which involves a lot of driving to the meeting point is it will become scattered. Some will reach early, some late and some will reach just as the early birds are leaving.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 09:39   #42
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIM, Ahmedabad
Posts: 497
Thanked: 332 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
...

The biggest issue I see in a large scale meet which involves a lot of driving to the meeting point is it will become scattered. Some will reach early, some late and some will reach just as the early birds are leaving.
This does happen, but we usually coordinate, take stops in between for people to catch up to the larger mass, and then at the destination we reach more or less all together.

Not counting Swapszone in this though.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 10:27   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 44
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
I for being one from Pune don't have any problem, either with the time or the distance.

Where are the Pune guys here? Could you please share your concerns/suggestions as well for the venue to be sealed?
Hi,
I am from Pune, and I too, don't have any concerns on time or distance.
we can start half an hour before, or Mumbai folks can start half an hour after our start time .
INJAXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 11:26   #44
BHPian
 
swapszone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hi,
I am from Pune, and I too, don't have any concerns on time or distance.
we can start half an hour before, or Mumbai folks can start half an hour after our start time .
Yup. I don't think that would be a problem. Last time we did a very good coordination and reach the meeting point on time. There on both the groups drove together.
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 15:08   #45
BHPian
 
nishantbhatia84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015

In case our Pune BHPIANS find it inconvenient to drive all the way to Nashik, I think another option would be Kashid, here's why I feel why:
1. Mumbai - Kashid is around 150KMS one way
2. Pune - Kashid is around 171KMS one way
3. Since the distance is pretty close - both sides will have almost the same amount of driving
4. Kashid has quite a few good places where we can hang-out

Please note: This is only an option, I'm not trying to create confusion here. I love driving on the Nashik Expressway and would at any point of time definitely prefer going that route!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ceat Rider Mania 2015: Chandigarh, January 23-25, 2015 Aditya Motorbikes 1 23rd January 2015 23:02
Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009 DKG Indian Motorsport 413 21st February 2010 15:59
T-BHP AUTO EXPO MEGA MEET - New Delhi 5th - 11th january 2010 vkochar The Team-BHP Meet Section 223 10th January 2010 00:14
Calcutta TeamBHP house meet (The "wettest" Calcutta meet till date) shuvd The Team-BHP Meet Section 26 28th November 2007 01:19
2nd Mumbai Mega Meet - 18th Nov 06 (Report&Pics pg10) elf The Team-BHP Meet Section 177 11th December 2006 15:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks