Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 4th September 2006, 18:23   #181
BHPian

nice pics there ppl..

@elf: u haveta come for the next meet..

calling Pune guys stupid!!! agrrrh!!!

dude, why are u always on our butts man... gimme a break!!!
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 18:51   #182
BHPian

sorry members something i am doing wrg posting the pics wait a while will post soon once i get the hang of it

Last edited by yogi1771 : 4th September 2006 at 18:54.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 18:55   #183
Senior - BHPian

@yogi1771

Sorry, so you are correcting your post......
i just posted " Not able to see those pics"

Last edited by pdev29 : 4th September 2006 at 18:57.
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 19:02   #184
BHPian

this is getting on my nerves

Last edited by yogi1771 : 4th September 2006 at 19:03.
Old 4th September 2006, 21:54   #185
elf
BANNED

Question What? Me stupid??

@Shrivz:
Oi, Auntie! I never called you Pune guys stupid? You did!
Was only asking why nobody'd insulted you gaon-wallahs yet.
Heehee! just kidding, as always.

Nice pics boys.

@Viper:
I know you're a lazy slob, but at least make the effort of moving around to get different perspectives on your snaps man! Shee! The last four snaps of the lineup all look the same.

Really wish I had made it ...

Shall show Manson how to do things properly the next time - like eat prawns.

@Manson:
You ready for the challenge? In which case, we should have a T-BHP meet at Pal's Fish Corner @ Bandra, as shall need immediate access to loo post that.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 00:13   #186
BHPian

hope this works if not moderators plz delete it

Last edited by adya33 : 5th September 2006 at 12:17.
Old 5th September 2006, 03:04   #187
Team-BHP Support

Post Detailed Report!!

Got home on saturday night, switched on the pc and yes logged on to the mother of all forums only to find a slightly weak Mumbai-Pune meet thread with fewer confirmations than expected, and quite a few newbies in that who i wasnt sure of showing up. Late confirmations from N_C, F50 (who didnt show up) and ported alongwith a confirmation call to viper surely made things a tad more concrete though.

Wake up at 6.45 a.m. to check a message from viper, message from kooldude that he can't make it and soon enough i get a call from him confirming the meeting point. A sweet friend made sure she woke me up for a drive that i really wanted to go for as well
After a couple of calls about the meeting point i took off to fetch Ported, and soon enough we reached the meeting pointto find nobody there. So Ported and i check into a used car place to see a car for a friend of mine.
After killing a few minutes comes in a loud loud viper with yogi and ~honda~ as passengers. Handles are exchanged while the petrol heads check out my newly acquired exhaust system. A few more minutes of waiting an we are stormedin by the Suzuki bros. baleno_power and willis in their baleno and zen accompanied by their gf and wife respectively.

A few minutes of driving and we make a brief stop to throw out a badly ported head to make an octi behave even more crazy, basically go accompany N_C as he was going to leave after a short while and meet us directly at SUNNY'S.
So now ~honda~ is riding with me in my honda. Soon we discover we graduated from the same college, and yes in the same year but never bumped into each other. So we even more deeply realise the impact the FORUM has had on us.

So we take off to the next destination where we are supposed wto meet Dins (sorry for the 9 digit number pal). Wait there till a slightly more than a few minutes than the decided time and take off while baleno_power & willis make optimum use of macs early in the morning.

After waiting for a long long time (as we were there much before the scheduled time) and wondering if Dins could be in every slowing car we take off to where turbo_c is waiting, no stopping here, how could we? we carry on to where gr8guzzler is waiting and halt there so that baleno_power and willis can join us.

after a short while we leave, as decided earlier to ignore the expressway we head towards the panvel toll road, where baleno_power smokes his left rear tye at the T'-turn, honestly it looked straight out of the movies, did you intentionally do that bro?

Soon enough comes the toll, yes baby wide enough to line up all together. FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH DANGEROUS DRIVING, ETC: THIS WAS CLEARLY AN EMPTY STRETCH OF REAL NICE ROAD, WITH NO OTHER VEHICLES IN SIGHT
baleno_power gives the calls and inspite of a somewhat late/bad start the honda manages to show the suzuki what the power of dreams is all about, and while i was about to shift to 4th i realised the baleno was long gone. Little did baleno_power know about my recent acquisition

We stopped soon after the toll road got over at Dutta snacks, for some real hawwwt vada pav and tea. After while we again decided to make a move, and almost all of us cruised all the way to lonavla after that. Only incident in that stretch was the one where guzzler missed a ditch to brake heavily and have me smoke my rear tyres to make viper think guzzler's lpg tank was on fire
Realised the money spent on my new brake pads last week was money 'Well spent'.

A few more kms of nice long corners, beautiful countryside and smoth roads to be followed by the ghats which seemed like driving through a garden actually, trees, grass all around, the roads seemed as good as a private one with some fresh paint on it. Once we were in the garden, oopps ghats turbo_c's turbo kicked in and boy was he pushing that esteem or what, he was just all over the place, took every corner so damn aggressively, had me catcha a glimpse inmy RVM everytime i cleared through a turn.

In the midst of all thsi viper took the right/wrong expressway exit, actually right. In a few more minutes we caught up with viper and N_C a few kms before sunny's.

Soon enough we were eating, drinking, mocking while we got a call from guess who??? Dins. Poor chap was on his way with a friend, appears that i had pm d him an incomplete cell number. Sorry pal. yet doesn'y spare you reaching the till late and not using your brains and counting the number, the world is full of mistakes, why flame my small typo .. hehee

So back to eating, drinking, even more action from guzzler while we are joined by 2l8ulo(o)se who brought in his VW Passat (hope i spelt it correctly).

Again lots of eating, drinking, cursing pune members for being late.

In comes a certain well restored blue coloured dinky lead by a palio and soon enough followed by shrivz's baleno. Atlast the pune members had arrived!!!

I think we did have our hi/hellos' for a few seconds, and before we could continue we decided to indulge in more eating, drinking and going click click click, effects of which you'll have already witnessed. Lesser spoken the better

Atlast food, beer, breezers etc are done with till N_C spots a few kids tasting beer and making faces. Gets me to scare them too, btw, spoke to the waited, one of the heads there too, and their attitude really sucked. 'Hum kya kar sakta hai, abhi thok age 21 hai 18 bhi nahin, magar kya karen . . . .'

Simultaneously a very surprising bill had turned up which after a little hullabaloo and counting members was paid up. After a free revving session from the nice sounding getz we were off to some wierd place where we turned back from half way for resons unknown.
Took off again to a spot N_C knew and i had a clue of, but then a couple of us got carried away and took off to realise the others had halted a little behind for a few quick snaps.

Reached the place, 2l8 takes the passat for a handbrake turn and parks it in full ishtyle. All the other cars lineup, while the locals are looking at some crazy stupid people who want to get a snap of their cars clicked in front of an under construction toll-booth.

In comes highlight of the day: Soulreaper (please look up his posts for knwoing what he does best), does a crazy crazy burnout infront of all the lined up cars, while i think to myself "how does he manage such stuff" whileholding back from going too close to his bike. By now we have managed to get some serious attention from the locals, frantic group snaps are taken, and everyone is saying their cyas'/byes/etc while viper is revvvving his getz real hard this time, btw it sounds real nice. Suddenly out of nowhere a cop car arrives at the scene, so everyone takes off.

The Mumbai members have barely managed to get on the expressway and are soon enough greeted by a traffic jam, details of which viper & N_C have already posted. Co-driver (~honda~) and i slowly make it through the jam and cruise our way back to mumbai to join viper and yogi in chembur.

Members from Mumbai:
Viper, Yogi. Manson, ~Honda~, ported head, N_C, baleno_power and his gf, willis and his better half, gr8guzzler, Dins and friend

Members from Pune:
Shrivz, Ashwin (desmo.), Edmund, Edmund's brother, Stararmour, technno., soulreaper (who i recognised after lunch coz of broken tail lamp and headlight on his pulsar), a couple of people who i did not meet/interact with/do not remember names of, sorry guys!!

Basically a better than expected meet, too bad for members who could not make it, hope to see you guys next time!!

woaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, i'm done!! mods please excuse the couple of extra smilies.

manson.

Last edited by adya33 : 5th September 2006 at 12:14.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 09:36   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
Members from Pune:
a couple of people who i did not meet/interact with/do not remember names of, sorry guys!!

manson.
Hey Manson,

Excellent report. I would also like to add that other than the 5 very friendly Puneites(Edmund & bro Richard , Shirvz, Stararmour & Techno) none of the other guys bothered to introduce themselves or mingle with the rest. It was as if they had come for their own trip which was a bit rude if I may add. They came sat down ordered their own food & ate it without asking/offering the rest not considering that we guys had waited for almost 2 hours from them and were waiting for them to order food.

Sorry guys but this kind of behaviour is very upsetting.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 09:53   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Manson,

Excellent report. I would also like to add that other than the 5 very friendly Puneites(Edmund & bro Richard , Shirvz, Stararmour & Techno) none of the other guys bothered to introduce themselves or mingle with the rest. It was as if they had come for their own trip which was a bit rude if I may add. They came sat down ordered their own food & ate it without asking/offering the rest not considering that we guys had waited for almost 2 hours from them and were waiting for them to order food.

Sorry guys but this kind of behaviour is very upsetting.

Viper
... totally with you there buddy... I mean if this is going to be the behaviour of people just coming, being complete and utter wet blankets about the whole thing.. acting like a bunch of cry babies when things don't go their way and theres no point going into to what happened.. those that were there know all about it..... got a few words for you guys... STAY THE HELL AWAY !!!!!

@Ma(n)son... yes you spelt it right.. for once... give the man a bouquet of breezers please someone..
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 11:57   #190
BHPian

hi manson a well written report man here still fighting with how to post pics the way posted bye n_c,viper etc
Old 5th September 2006, 12:22   #191
BHPian

Lollz...somebody pls help yogi out....u did post one above yogi..just do it the same way..btw...nice report there manson.....yea tht smoking was totally unintentional....saw the turn to late...ha

Last edited by balenopower : 5th September 2006 at 12:24.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 12:23   #192
elf
BANNED

OK. Next meet - Pal's Fish Corner @ Bandra. This time, we'll see prawns take curves dangerously through our intestines... what say Bombay boys (& any other non-antisocial Pune types)?

The place stinks, service is so-so, you can sneak in booze, but the food (even veggie) is to die for. Jaldi bolo - rumble in da Bronx already happening...

Last edited by elf : 5th September 2006 at 12:25.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 12:32   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
OK. Next meet - Pal's Fish Corner @ Bandra. This time, we'll see prawns take curves dangerously through our intestines...
Or all you guys caome over to Lamba at Diamond Garden in Chembur. Same stuff. whatever - Pal's or Lamba - Im in Elf.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 12:38   #194
BHPian

yea yea...im in tooo
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 12:41   #195
BHPian

The reasons why Pune people were kinda late to the meet -

Last edited by normally_crazy : 5th September 2006 at 12:59.
desmoquattro is offline   Reply With Quote