Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2005, 22:45   #226
BHPian

hey drifter give me powerfreaks no
Old 10th May 2005, 00:08   #227
Senior - BHPian

Kooldude,
PM him.
Guys i will be coming for some time.
Should be there by 11 ish and will leave by 12ish - Curfew.
If any other BHPian from Malabar Hill will be present and leaving at the same time, please tell me so i can hitch a ride back.
Will have the corolla or lancer with me.
Old 10th May 2005, 01:06   #228
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
if you have the corolla or lancer why do you need to hitch a ride
back.this is going to be one good meet

will be waiting for some pics.will be in goa next week.just wish i could make it for this one hahahh just this one !!

rev
Old 10th May 2005, 08:59   #229
BHPian

i wont make it this saturday coz but will surely be there next saturday. anyways u guys can tell me what all happened in the meet
Old 10th May 2005, 16:16   #230
Senior - BHPian

Dude,
that is because i am underage and it will be late if i ask my Drivers to hang around till 12ish.
Old 10th May 2005, 16:56   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Dude,
that is because i am underage and it will be late if i ask my Drivers to hang around till 12ish.
hmmm lambo were you or your car out on sat night at seaface around 1ish. if not there is a same lancer like yours with same rims.could be wrong but i saw a very very similar car for sure
Old 10th May 2005, 18:57   #232
Senior - BHPian

Last Sat night.
Not possible.
The keys were with the watch man and the car parked in a shed with other cars and the shed locked.
Old 10th May 2005, 21:18   #233
BHPian

hey lambo have u ever sneaked out with your car. it is real fun isnt it but have stopped doing it
Old 10th May 2005, 21:26   #234
Senior - BHPian

ya kool dude have to agree with you on that one.why did you stop.i stopped because now im allowed to go almost anytimebut without the car as of now since im still not 18 but in a months time things should change but a friend of mine sneaks his mondeo out almost every night.we go for a small drive somethimes and then just chill out some where.grab a bite to eat or something...

Rev
Old 10th May 2005, 21:37   #235
BHPian

hey to tell u the truth i have sneaked out so many times i had my board exams and me and my friend used to study till 2 am and after that we would sneak out my car and go to a dhaba type hotel to eat food such as roti and bhindi and dal oh man and the food was totally awesome. i m sill not 18 and i still sneak out sometimes just for 5 mins
Old 11th May 2005, 00:03   #236
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, i wish i could but i cannot but whenever my dad's driver is there he lets me behind the wheel.
Or even my mom's driver. Real Good fun to scare him by accelerating hard.
You should see his face when i take a U turn to come back downhill.
Besides, no car at home except the Mercedes and there is no way in Hell that i would drive the car.
Old 11th May 2005, 01:02   #237
Senior - BHPian

hey kooldude,
me and my friends used to do the same thing infact we still do have our engineering cet on thursday and we study till about 1 30 or 2 and then he gets his mondeo out and we just chill out and then go back and study or sleep.its fun will miss all this when i become 18 lol

REv
Old 11th May 2005, 08:42   #238
BHPian

yeah seriously it is more fun to sneak out rather than taking permission from your parents as the excitement is even more. hey revtech how is the mondeo it must be a very nice car is it a 2.0 ghia
Old 11th May 2005, 15:30   #239
Senior - BHPian

yeah kooldude
its the older model the one with xenons.handles like a babe. shes so smooth and silky hahah my minds diverted i think im talking about something else lol.
no seriously its a wild car.just dont feel your doin 130 kmph on marine drive ina few seconds !!

Rev
Old 12th May 2005, 18:51   #240
Senior - BHPian

Meet Report 12/May/2005

A small report of a small meet.

Today i stratos, viper and lamborghini met up at the petrol pump opposite cadburys at mahalaxmi. When i arrived, mechanics were busy tinkering under the hood. The idling wasnt right...they were trying to fix that....so an hour passed at the petrol pump. Had checked the alignment as well but there were still problems...we left anyway for the expressway picking up stratos on the way from sion where i parked my car.
After a brief introduction with each other, we were off.

Viper at the wheel was taking it easy, the engine was brand new so no fancy stuff on the revcounter.
We didnt go all the way till pune....the temperature needle was heading north through the ghats...viper didnt want to risk it so we turned back at lonavala. We stopped at the food mall for lunch...after that we were back on the expressway managing around 120 kmph at around 3000rpm in 5th gear...and can you believe it this engine redlines at 9300rpm...but for todays run...the ceiling was around 5000rpm. And the sound from inside the car was nice...viper wants to change the exhaust as well...so im expecting to get only better. Even though the engine is not in the perfect state of tune...fuel efficiency was in the region of 9kmpl.

Man does she pull...sounds pretty good as well...we just came back from the expressway run...there was a flat spot which viper was complaining about and even about the handling, there was some alignment problem...still lots of tinkering to be done...wait till its completed its going to be one hell of a machine.

Here are some pics of the meet, should have taken more (mental note - remember to take more pics).

Vipers souped up esteem.

A crashed lexus, there were so many crashes we saw today...but this was the worst one...the others were all trucks.

On our way back, viper and lambo dropped me and stratos at sion...while they headed home, i and stratos stopped for some coffee and to discuss more cars.
All in all a nice little meet.

[EDIT]
Viper just confirmed, the car returned 11kmpl...the gauge was faulty.

Drifter

Last edited by Stratos : 12th May 2005 at 19:34.
Closed Thread