Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Meet at Bandipur during the Oct 2nd long weekend?
Yes, Let's Go! 12 48.00%
Lets go further... @ Wayanad 2 8.00%
Cannot make it this time, would prefer a later date 11 44.00%
Would rather have a track day in Coimbatore 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th October 2006, 14:57   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
could not see in the dark man!!!
Or was it force of habit, doc? Heading to the hospital canteen....
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 14:57   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I this is our KB sir.......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 17:11   #183
BANNED

LBM!! You're very much correct.

Can you imagine the eagerness he has for the stuff sitting in front of him in that pic?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 17:45   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That was just about the BEST-EST DAMN KUSHKA I had eaten in my entire life!!... Ask JK.. He took a bite too! .. He was too busy drinking tea like his life depended on it!!

It was soooooooooo nice that we stopped there on our way back as well.. but T'was sold out by then!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 19:21   #185
Senior - BHPian

Jk continue with the pics please,I am checking this page every half an hour since morning.

It really must have been one hell of a time you all must have had.Cant help being envious.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 20:23   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

@ rahul... ther!

@ Sam, wait boss

Some pix before I jumped into Wildcard's car to check ICE. And doc, it was Viking! sorry for the mix up!

Photo shoot after Lunch @ Ooty; and KB buying pan for me
Second pic; quicksilver, carfreak, swaroop,wildcard, kb100

KB and wildcard talking with police to let us take the one way. Thanks to Wildcard's contacts, it was solved

Check out the one side bumps. Total for 36 turns! and our destination somewher btw 19 and 20th !

Last edited by jkdas : 4th October 2006 at 20:32.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 21:04   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Somewher in btw, we had to stop the accent as kb was driving down the hill and using lot of brakes and hence teh pads were smokey! A guy, informed us these during a hairpin turn and he asked us to stop teh car and cool it off or we would haev a brake pad jam.

We had tea and waited 10min but it didnt help cool teh pads and alloys and tyres much! So he said he would unlock teh pads for 25rs/each ,so that we can continue our journey. This guy does this for a job and seems was in news in some local dailies!

frm 3rd pic,At the entrance to the resort with quicksilver, teh resort,

The resort frm teh road!, the 4 wheel drive contraption we had to jump in to reach the resort as sedans wont make it up ther! We had to park our cars midway in the jungle.
Old 4th October 2006, 21:43   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The resort frm teh road!, the 4 wheel drive contraption we had to jump in to reach the resort as sedans wont make it up ther! We had to park our cars midway in the jungle.

Too bad the dicor was not part of the party.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 11:58   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Masinagudi meet

Once the cars were parked we wre to board that jeep for a ride down and then uphill. Check the tyres of thet Jeep, which we found to be bald! phew!

The gang checking the 3 bedroom tent meant for us. There were 3 tents for us and a room with a double cot and another room with mats and pillows. There was a toilet too. BSNL and Hutch did work here thought one had to stand near tent to het a good range for Hutch. Thanks to the availablity of mobile range we were in contact with Bangy guys and came to know that they had some problem with Memo's car and was delayed. There were 2-3 families other than us. Two of them came by Scorp.

We reached here by 5:30~6:00pm or so and after some talk we moved to the verrandah of our room as an enquiry by KB if it rained here was answered by a damn rain. The lodge keeper was surprised at how KB could do this as they didnt haev rain for one week at a stretch! And coz of the rain campfire setup got wet kindof.

The tents and woods for campfire.

The Tragedy!

Anyway, we started to enjoy a 12yrs (+3ys thanks to quicksilver saving it in hsi house) Scotch with fresh pakkodas provided by the inn keeper. I remember someone asking for ice cubes and soda with the inn keeper!!! By 7:00 or so, current went which was cause of a blown fuse or so.

Now, the bangy guys call up and say they are nearing our place as since they donno where to stop, we said we would send the Jeep and to look for it near the 19-20th hair pin bend. And guess what? Thanks to numerous trips made my the other guests, the jeep didnt have enough fuel! After some discussion among ourselfves , KB and I left for teh car in the jeep along with the inn keeper and his colleagues. We went half way at which the diesel finished and we had to leave the jeep halfway in teh dark and tread uphill. At this timwe we are worried as Bagy boys woudl be ther any time now and since it was dark they would miss the place. A loud exhaust sound confirmed our fear as I was damn sure it was MCl or someone in a modified car! Anyway, after some trials to drain diesel from KB's car failed as it had a filter, I and KB drove uphill in his Accent will occasional shout at him to help him navigate the car uphill so that it dont slip much or hit its slump.

Due to the unavailability of mobile range, and with only quicksilver having a mobile with BSNL connection, we had to take teh inn keepers mobile with us to maintain communiction (Before this happened the inn keeper tried to ask someone at Masinagudi or Ooty to drive down with some diesel). So jsut as me and KB reached the gate up hill, I see a car slow down and shouting 'Hi JK!' It was MCL and Viking in Viking Vtec! We made some small introduction and ask him where the others were to which he confirms that he remember seeing two cars racing uphill ! We then ask him to follow it ( an opportunity to race for MCL!) and brng them back. In btw one family who stays at the resort, arrives in a jeep and the jeep driver says he forgot to bring diesel!!!
Again some calls to a local diesel guy confirms that we would get diesel from MAsinagudi and he needed sometime to drive down. Anyway, after sometime teh 3 cars(Memo's, Viking's and Thadukuttan's) come down and we create a small road block. I had to act as a Traffic Warden asking the other cars,trcuks etc to slow down or not to stop asking us if we need help.

In btw, a Jeep comes down with diesel and we are move down to thecar parking spot , with the Jeep leading teh KB's car and the rest following. After more navigation (navigation?...anyway) we park all the cars and with 2 trips we reach the resort. Intros and some pegs and a campfire later we start takign snaps. Thadukuttan should be posting more of these snaps as his Panasonic camera has a superb flash ( he even came witha big camera kit!)

Aftersome sometime, over some pegs and snacks (chicken65, salads, pakodas)the innkeeper conveys the news that teh current line was damaged by wild elephants and we would be left in darkness for the night!

By 12:00am, we hear some elephants nearby making some cries. The inn-keeper said we are safe as we had 2 Scorp blocking one side and a jeep blocking the other side and to one side we had the resort building and to teh other a valley and 3 campfire!

We haev food by 12:30am, some chicken biriyani, chappatis, dal curry and sort. Bangy gusy head for tents and we take the room. Safari was supposed to start at 5:30 am and we hit bed planign to wake by 5:00am
Old 5th October 2006, 12:21   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

MCL wakes us up at 5:30 or 6am! He was like where'e the water ( packaged water), I need to wash my ***, wake up, its time for safari!

Shouldnt one shoot him?

REst in pix.

Another news!

Elephants drinks water from the Sintex tank behind teh building! and damages rest of the water supply and hence limited water( read, muddy water!) And hence the pissed of pic of KB . The third pic is Jay trying to keep warn. THnaks to thadukuttan we haev a campfire up again ( and by that time teh sun was up too.hehe)

Ride back!

We start teh ride back after Wildcard makes some telephne calls to some forest guys to arrange for a Safari at Masinagudi. We hence packup and leave the place. Check the last pic, thats the resort view frm the main road.
Old 5th October 2006, 12:30   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to race!

We head towards teh forest office but werent allowed to take more thenone car load of tbhpians as thers some VVIPs visiting!

So we drive back ( bangy boys raced back to OOty). I was happy when I saw a red Ikon 1.6 someway ahead of us and I was damn sure Thadukuttan ( who was leading of course ) would be having fun till Ooty! The Honda City 1.5 that you see in teh pic was easily disposed off by all of us.

Old 5th October 2006, 12:47   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Destination Ooty: Meet Zak at Coffee Day and meet DRC and family.Motorpyscho joins the gang at Coffee Day.

Zak drove all the way till Ooty jsut to meet us!!! He started by 6:30 or so and @$%^&* reached by noon! phew!

Toast @ Coffee Day to Speedzak ( and he pays the bill!) ,oh and he started to Ooty frm Cochin with just 150rs!!!

KB after he got his Super sandwitch ! See how happy he is !Thats my Icey Eskimo , Thadukuttan enjoyin a cig and others

Sam

Old 5th October 2006, 12:57   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Destination Doddapettah.

We head to Doddhapettah but had to return halfway as ther was a traffic jam halfway uphill.

So, its now "Meet DRC and family" and hence we ride to a palce neat a tea factory so that DRC could join us.Wildcard had to leave us here as he got an urgent call from his office( hospital).

Old 5th October 2006, 13:11   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

ICE time. We start checking ICE in various cars. I donno how Memo slept in Thadu's car with a pair of JBL 6x9 and a sub box playing at higyh volume! Back massage?

We then decide to head back home. By now I had some 250 pix and hence stopped taking more pix.
speed hawk atop a truck!

My ride back to cochin. ANd a Qualis @ Kovai!

I travelled in Zak'd car till Cochin after we said bye to Kb and Quicksilver and reached Cochinby 9pm (started frm Kovai by 6:15 or so). After that we ( just me) had dinner at Abad Plaza, wher I met Zak's friend where he joined us ( he brought my bike back). I left tehhotel for shertallai by 11pm.

As you can see frm teh pix, this was one of the best meet I had gone too. I had great fun and still remember some scenes I spend with KB in his car ( like dancing to Thriller when we drove uphill frm Mettupalaym, teh superb tea I had in btw, meeting bangy boys for first time in a forest! the elephants, the ICE in various cars etc)

LAst day I met some TBHPians at TVM, who felt bad as they didnt know abt the meet and who would have joined us. (bad tht we cant search for members now).
Old 5th October 2006, 13:45   #195
Senior - BHPian

Superb. Wonderful. Now this is what you call a TRIP. That's how you spend a weekend...in TBHP ishtyle....
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote