Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 7th September 2016, 12:23   #256
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!

My first meet, and I am super excited!! So far I have been able to plan things/errands around this. Looking forward to meet you all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hyderabad BHP'ians

Time to Meet : 8:00am below flyover Near RGIA (Highway towards Bangalore)
Sorry, I am not sure which flyover is this. From ORR, I have never driven towards Bengaluru - I always take the exit for the airport. Do I have to take that exit for this flyover and NOT take the road towards Bengaluru? If yes, then do I come down the ramp and then take a U turn to get back on the road that goes towards B'lore? Please correct me if I am way off the mark here.

It'll probably be marginally easier if we meet at a point that is a bit ahead after the ORR. That way folks who take the ORR will take the exit towards B'lore, and folks who take the PVNR expressway to come to the airport can also merge there. Something like this BP petrol pump?

https://goo.gl/maps/RWHkgJ6paxt

EDIT: Wife and kid would like to join us! Kid is 4 years old, so it won't impact the buffet. Can I add them, please? The other advantage is that if wife is joining, then the plan cannot get cancelled .

Last edited by shifu : 7th September 2016 at 12:43.
Old 7th September 2016, 15:44   #257
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Ravi Sir had updated a plan in Bangalore meet thread, copy pasting it here for everyones reference.
Thanks! Added this content below

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I had stopped at Suraj Grand on Friday night for dinner on my way to Bangalore. The place is decent enough and right off the highway and hence you cannot miss spotting it. Food (tried non veg only) was tasty and rates were reasonable. Learnt from their menu card that it's run by the same management who runs Suraj Bar & Restaurant under Hitec city flyover in Hyderabad.
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like we are in for a treat with respect to the food. Parking et. all we will have to anyways park on road as no hotel will have parking for 30+ cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Mobike008, did Hyd_Traveller still surprise you?
That is one comprehensive list of cost break-up and most of which as usual skipped my mind

And, oh yeah! You never fail to surprise me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Sorry, I am not sure which flyover is this. From ORR, I have never driven towards Bengaluru - I always take the exit for the airport. Do I have to take that exit for this flyover and NOT take the road towards Bengaluru? If yes, then do I come down the ramp and then take a U turn to get back on the road that goes towards B'lore? Please correct me if I am way off the mark here.
Exactly. When coming from Gachibowli, exit ORR and DO NOT take the flyover that goes to Airport. Instead take a U-turn just outside ORR exit and face towards Bangalore highway and you will see all cars parked on that road to the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
EDIT: Wife and kid would like to join us! Kid is 4 years old, so it won't impact the buffet. Can I add them, please? The other advantage is that if wife is joining, then the plan cannot get cancelled
No need to ask permission. Most of us are coming with spouses so your wife and kid are most welcome.

Hyderabad BHP'ians

Time to Leave : 8:30am sharp (Anyone coming late have to catch up with us)
Pit-stop for Tea : Food Pyramid (120 kms from Starting Point)

Bangalore BHP'ians

Venue & Arrival Time : Hotel Suraj Grand, Kurnool @ 12:00 pm

Hi: Opp Esteem Mall @ 6:00 am; Please park on service road.
Departure: 6.15 am
Breakfast: Kamat Upachar, Chikballapur 07.00 – 08.00 am
Regroup: Blue Moon Highway Restaurant 10.00 am – 10.30 am
Arrive: Venue – 12.00 pm
Depart: 03.30 pm
Tea break: Blue Moon Highway Restaurant 05.00 pm – 05.30 pm
Dinner & byes: Indian Paratha Co. 08.00 – 09.30 pm

Confirmed (from Hyderabad) :
1. Mobike008 (Ford Aspire) + 1
2. Manas_270 (Punto)
3. IDPSharma (i20)
4.Ecosportrules (Ford Ecosport)
5. SKavuri (Punto) +1 = 2 Vegetarians
6. shifu (Vento) + 1 = Vegetarian
7. Amit_breakfree (Swift) + 1
8. a4anurag (Maruti Swift) = Vegetarian
9. HighwayHopper (Hyundai Xcent) + 1
10. DeepV (Fabia)
11.ngauravmalhotra (Polo) +1 = 1 Vegetarian
12. Hyd_Traveller (Manza) + 1
13. Lucifer1881 + 1 (with Hyd_Traveller)

Confirmed (from Bangalore) :
1. RSudarsanan (BMW 320D) + pganapathy (front seat navigator of flying car)
2. Mpksuhas (XUV5OO) + 1 = 1 Vegetarian
3. Procrj (TUV300) + 1 = 2 Vegetarians
4. Dr.AD (SX4) = 1 Vegetarian
5. nerd1200 (Accent)
6. Santoshbhat (X3 30d M Sport)
7. tilt (Jetta) + 1
8. cmiuc (XUV5OO) + 1 = 2 Vegetarians
9. KarthikK (Punto) = 1 Vegetarian
10. MadMax (Figo)
11. Chaith.turbo (Fortuner) + 1
12. Redcruiser (VW Polo) + 1
13. shetty_rohan(Polo TSi)
14. BeantownThinker (Verna)
15. sandeepmohan (Fiat Linea) Non vegetarian
16. Fortified [Fortuner] = 1 Vegetarian

Confirmed Headcount = 44 (30 Non-veg, 14 Veg)
Old 7th September 2016, 20:36   #258
BHPian

Its really good to see this enthusiasm from so many T-BHPians, getting more interesting.

@Avi, for Hyd BHPians, do we have any stop-over/plans for breakfast? because reaching the Pit-stop after 120 kms from starting point might take around an hour and half (maybe) i.e. 10-10:30 AM which might be little late for some of us to have breakfast.

So I am just putting my thoughts/options
1) Have the breakfast before we meet @8AM
2) Plan for breakfast at the starting point, for which we might have to adjust above schedule (we have few breakfast joints on the left before we take Airport turn)
3) Have some snack on the fly (might not be possible with Family/kids?)

Any other suggestions/plans are welcome.
Old 8th September 2016, 08:48   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpsharma View Post
@Avi, for Hyd BHPians, do we have any stop-over/plans for breakfast? because reaching the Pit-stop after 120 kms from starting point might take around an hour and half (maybe) i.e. 10-10:30 AM which might be little late for some of us to have breakfast.
Good Thought but, unlike Bangalore BHP'ians we are starting at a liesurely time so my strong recommendation is to have breakfast before reaching the meeting point or carry some light breakfast along with you that can be munched during the drive like (Sandwiches, Poha, Upma, Idly etc)

We cannot afford to have too many stops for a short 200kms drive

Even the tea-break is not really required but, it's good opportunity for all of us to catch up and get to know each other etc.
Old 8th September 2016, 09:25   #260
BHPian

Great response from both the sides.

Team from Bangalore , pls carry all documents and paper work , apparently all the KA cars are being flagged down at Ananthapur for routine checks. This has been happening for the last couple of weeks. A cousin was stopped 3 days ago.
Old 8th September 2016, 09:26   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
Exactly. When coming from Gachibowli, exit ORR and DO NOT take the flyover that goes to Airport. Instead take a U-turn just outside ORR exit and face towards Bangalore highway and you will see all cars parked on that road to the left
)
My apologies, but I still did not get it the location.
Is there any landmark there?
Or can you show it on a map, please?

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2016, 09:59   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post

Thanks.
I guess, its just beyond the famous newly opened Pulla Reddy Sweet House on this NH (just before one takes left side entry to airport if coming from Shamshabad side). Somewhere here 17.249953, 78.376099

Pl recheck!!! with Mods!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-capture.png  

Old 8th September 2016, 10:39   #263

Quote:

Thanks.
Hi SKavuri,

I presume you have been to airport via Shamshabad. once you cross Shamshabad, you generally take left (ramp road which catches the flyover) to reach airport. All you need to do is to keep driving straight without taking any turns. You will land up near the bigger flyover running above you on that road which is Outer Ring Road. That is the landmark I guess where our Team BHPians pointed the first pit stop. Bangalore Highway is just the plain straight road from shamshabad till Bangalore . You can see it for yourself.
You may come up with more than one fly over above bangalore highway, but they are hardly 200m away. so its just line of sight and I am sure you will catch up with them. If possible take someone's mobile number to guide you once you reach shamshabad.

Regards,
Sikky
Old 8th September 2016, 10:48   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there any landmark there?Or can you show it on a map, please?.
Silkyonwheels and Novicefreak are spot ON

Here is another map for you to understand. Meeting point circled in black

Let me know if you still dont understand we can have a conference call between you, me, silkyonwheels and Novicefreak

Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-meeting-point.jpg

Silkyonwheels and Novicefreak : Why aren't you joining?

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th September 2016 at 10:52.
Old 8th September 2016, 10:55   #265
BHPian

@sikky-Perfect narration!!

and guess welcome to TeamBHP!!!

The reason I mentioned Pulla Reddy Sweet House is Mobike!avi will try out some delicious sweets before start givin the penchant for foodie!!! way to go buddy!!!!

Oh yes con-call ROFL haha anytime!!!

Quote:

Thanks!! much excited about this THE MEGA MEET, and glued to this thread, one marathon effort !!! I truly miss!!!

Since, I have scheduled drive to Bangalore on 10th Morning and returning to Hyd the next day some time late evening as of now....and yes my Aspire TDCi is on wheels!!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th September 2016 at 12:31. Reason: Excluded emoticons within quotes as well as more than 2 post the merger of 2 posts
Old 8th September 2016, 11:52   #266

Quote:

Here is another map for you to understand. Meeting point circled in black

Let me know if you still dont understand we can have a conference call between you, me, silkyonwheels and Novicefreak

Attachment 1551795

Hello Mobike008,

Firstly, let me introduce myself. I am "Sikky". Joined TeamBHP recently.
I was excited to meet all the Hyderabad TeamBhpians and was almost to post a comment that I am joining too, but yesterday I was dumped with a new project with deadline of just one week which means I will be working on Saturday, Sunday and Monday which actually were holidays as per our office calendar. I will try to meet you guys at the specified location within the specified time, introduce myself and continue my journey to office.

Will be joining in future plans for sure.
I will inform in this thread if the scheduled plans at our office are postponed.

Regards,
Sikky
Old 8th September 2016, 12:37   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Thanks!! much excited about this THE MEGA MEET, and glued to this thread, one marathon effort !!! I truly miss!!!

Since, I have scheduled drive to Bangalore on 10th Morning and returning to Hyd the next day some time late evening as of now....and yes my Aspire TDCi is on wheels!!!!
Plan your return in such a way that you meet us at Kurnool for lunch or if that cannot happen atleast try to reach by 3:00pm so you can drive back with Hydeez gang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkyonwheels View Post
Hello Mobike008,

Firstly, let me introduce myself. I am "Sikky". Joined TeamBHP recently.
I was excited to meet all the Hyderabad TeamBhpians and was almost to post a comment that I am joining too, but yesterday I was dumped with a new project with deadline of just one week which means I will be working on Saturday, Sunday and Monday which actually were holidays as per our office calendar. I will try to meet you guys at the specified location within the specified time, introduce myself and continue my journey to office.
Welcome to Team-BHP and sorry to know that despite your interest you are forced to work on the weekend. Sigh! that's what is life all about.

I believe in working when I get bored from vacations

Just kidding...do not take it literally

Please do join us at the meeting point, would be nice to meet up with you

Quote:
Will be joining in future plans for sure.
I will inform in this thread if the scheduled plans at our office are postponed.
I have been organizing Team BHP meets since a decade ( Will complete 10 years on Monday---Unfortunately, should have been on Sunday so it would have been a perfect celebration for me personally) and organized plenty of them but, over the last couple of years I have lost the enthusiasm due to many reasons

Bottomline, Please do not expect this kind of a meet to happen AGAIN anytime soon !!!

Quote:
Sikky
Pardon me asking, this seems like a unique name. Are you a turbanator?
Old 8th September 2016, 14:54   #268
BHPian

Hi guys , I am Anupam from Kerala currently working at Deloitte here in Hyderabad. I was looking forward to join the meet but unfortunately i have to spend my entire weekend at office . I was hoping to join @Mobike but luck did not favor me this time. Anyways will meet you all at starting point .

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th September 2016 at 16:07. Reason: 2 smileys max
Old 8th September 2016, 17:12   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Going off the confirmed list due to emergency at work. Have a great and safe drive and meet guys.

What :*HYD & BLR Mid-Way Mega Meet @ Kurnool

When :*Sunday, Sep 11th, 2016, 12:00 noon - 3:30 pm

Where :*Hotel Suraj Grand, Kurnool (http://kurnool.surajhotels.com/contact-fullwidth-map/*)

Hyderabad BHP'ians

Time to Leave : 8:30am sharp (Anyone coming late have to catch up with us)
Pit-stop for Tea : Food Pyramid (120 kms from Starting Point)

Bangalore BHP'ians

Venue & Arrival Time : Hotel Suraj Grand, Kurnool @ 12:00 pm

Hi: Opp Esteem Mall @ 6:00 am; Please park on service road.
Departure: 6.15 am
Breakfast: Kamat Upachar, Chikballapur 07.00 – 08.00 am
Regroup: Blue Moon Highway Restaurant 10.00 am – 10.30 am
Arrive: Venue – 12.00 pm
Depart: 03.30 pm
Tea break: Blue Moon Highway Restaurant 05.00 pm – 05.30 pm
Dinner & byes: Indian Paratha Co. 08.00 – 09.30 pm

Confirmed (from Hyderabad) :
1. Mobike008 (Ford Aspire) + 1
2. Manas_270 (Punto)
3. IDPSharma (i20)
4.Ecosportrules (Ford Ecosport)
5. SKavuri (Punto) +1 = 2 Vegetarians
6. shifu (Vento) + 1 = Vegetarian
7. Amit_breakfree (Swift) + 1
8. HighwayHopper (Hyundai Xcent) + 1
9. DeepV (Fabia)
10. ngauravmalhotra (Polo) +1 = 1 Vegetarian
11. Hyd_Traveller (Manza) + 1
12. Lucifer1881 + 1 (with Hyd_Traveller)

Confirmed (from Bangalore) :
1. RSudarsanan (BMW 320D) + pganapathy (front seat navigator of flying car)
2. Mpksuhas (XUV5OO) + 1 = 1 Vegetarian
3. Procrj (TUV300) + 1 = 2 Vegetarians
4. Dr.AD (SX4) = 1 Vegetarian
5. nerd1200 (Accent)
6. Santoshbhat (X3 30d M Sport)
7. tilt (Jetta) + 1
8. cmiuc (XUV5OO) + 1 = 2 Vegetarians
9. KarthikK (Punto) = 1 Vegetarian
10. MadMax (Figo)
11. Chaith.turbo (Fortuner) + 1
12. Redcruiser (VW Polo) + 1
13. shetty_rohan(Polo TSi)
14. BeantownThinker (Verna)
15. sandeepmohan (Fiat Linea) Non vegetarian
16. Fortified [Fortuner] = 1 Vegetarian

Confirmed Headcount = 43 (30 Non-veg, 13 Veg)
Old 8th September 2016, 19:17   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to the efforts of you, sikyonwheels and novicefreakrl, I did understand the location.

I am used to taking PVNR expressway to Airport but on 11th I will have to take ORR to airport first time.

In case I miss the exit, I will try to catch up with the team at destination. I've no clue where Pyramid is, as well.
Closed Thread