Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 21st February 2016, 11:18   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Jayded, yes the "offline" members bailed out. But we other 4-5 people: manas_270, JonSnow, me and possibly ngauravmalhotra are still meeting. And anyone else is also free to join.
hey jetti. I just saw ur post. i kinda resumed the meet was cancelled. Please PM me ur number. if the meet is still on i shud be able to come meet u guys.

Regards
Gaurav
Old 22nd February 2016, 08:36   #47
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
And sadly it continues...

Avi, I really admire your enthusiasm around the drive meets, but I am not sure a lot of others share the same passion when it comes to doing a proper drive meet nowadays. It's great if people are meeting offline, but I think you really don't have to try hard and force them to hit the road, because most of them are going to say yes casually and back out at the 11th hour anyways, making you alone look silly at the end. So if people prefer to stay offline, please let them be
Yeah. I keep trying but, as you rightly said the old team-bhp members have lost the passion for cars long back and it's now mostly meet for parties and they cringe coming for a drive

Well, can't really blame them we have been doing drive meets for nearly a decade and as you know I must have organized 100+ drive meets and there is a point when that charm kind of fades

But, I still have the same enthusiasm as when I organized the first one way back in Sep-2006

Let's try for a lunch meet as "ice-breakers" with newbies and then graduate to a drive meet. Lets plan a lunch meet soon !!!

What say guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Just thought I'll say this much. Congrats on the Versys. Fitting replacement for the Bonnie, man! Happy riding!
Thanks dude. I didn't know you were following the Versys thread so keenly

I will join on my bike whenever the next drive meet happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Jayded, yes the "offline" members bailed out. But we other 4-5 people: manas_270, JonSnow, me and possibly ngauravmalhotra are still meeting. And anyone else is also free to join.
Did this meet happen? Share the pics please
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:23   #48
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
.............meet as "ice-breakers" with newbies and then graduate to a drive meet. Lets plan a lunch meet soon !!!

What say guys?
agree:For all the efforts put so far, definitely "ice-breaking" need to happen & asap!! how & when...time will tell!!:)
Old 22nd February 2016, 23:49   #49
BHPian

When the main meet got cancelled, we were disappointed, but at the same time some BHPians were still all pumped up for a great Sunday ride. So, we went ahead and had a mini-meet. Participants:

1. JonSnow
2. manas_270
3. jetti

Here is how it went:

We decided to meet at the Gachibowli entrance of ORR and then decide the destination impromptu

We all met at 10:30am and decided to first go to the original meeting starting spot, which was Shamshabad. Went on the ORR an a beautiful drive to Shamshabad.

Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-img_0996.jpg
We had some tea at a local roadside dhaba, talking and catching up on things.

Next we decided to go to Taramati Baradari. Took the ORR again and reached there.
Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-img_1001.jpg
A view from the top:
Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-img_0998.jpg

Checked out the restaurant there but did not like it, plus there was no one in the restaurant except for us. So we decided to get back to the city for a decent lunch. We headed to Ohri's at Hitec City and had a sumptuous lunch there.
That's us after Lunch - "JonSnow", "manas_270" and me, from L to R.:
Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-img_1002.jpg

Our rides:
Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-img_1008.jpg

Us with our rides
Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!-img_1010.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
hey jetti. I just saw ur post. i kinda resumed the meet was cancelled. Please PM me ur number. if the meet is still on i shud be able to come meet u guys.

Regards
Gaurav
Hey buddy, we started at 10:30AM and I could not PM you or see your post, so I sent an email message but not sure if you got it. Post a bit more and you'll be able to send/receive PMs!

Quote:
Did this meet happen? Share the pics please
Yes mate, here you go! I called you to tell you, but I was driving when you called back, so couldn't pick it up.
Old 22nd February 2016, 23:54   #50
Team-BHP Support

Excellent report and pics Jetti. I'm super glad that the meet happened and thanks for sharing the pics

Good to know you guys had fun

Now lets plan for a lunch meet in the city which I am confident will get more participation as most Hydeez are born foodies
Old 7th May 2016, 17:53   #51
BHPian

Looks like the summer has kept the meets away. With the recent spells of rains maybe a good time to meet up.
Old 8th May 2016, 11:03   #52
Team-BHP Support

Let's plan a dinner/lunch meet in June-2016....Any dates and ideas anyone wants to propose

Pour in !!!
Old 8th May 2016, 12:02   #53
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!

Quote:
Let's plan a dinner/lunch meet in June-2016....Any dates and ideas anyone wants to propose

Pour in !!!
A beginning with the first "drop":

11th June / Dinner

subject to ratification by Hydeez

Cheers !
Old 9th May 2016, 12:11   #54
BHPian

That date suits me.
Someone pick a place.
Old 12th May 2016, 14:05   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
A beginning with the first "drop":

11th June / Dinner subject to ratification by HydeezCheers !
Trust you to be active on TBHP meet section even if it's not Bangalore

Will you be in Hyd on June 11th? If yes, then let's block this date for a dinner meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
That date suits me.Someone pick a place.
We can chose a place in Hitech City/Gachibowli. But, this will come once we have the confirmations in

Others please chime in with your confirmations
Old 12th May 2016, 14:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,
I moved in to Hyderabad eight months ago. I have been part of the Bangalore meets and Bhubaneswar meets when I was staying there. Now, I'm excited to join the new team. 11th is good for me as is the Hitech/Gacchibowli area.
I stay in Nallagandla, near BHEL, Lingampally.

Regards,
Ashis
Old 12th May 2016, 14:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Trust you to be active on TBHP meet section even if it's not Bangalore

Will you be in Hyd on June 11th? If yes, then let's block this date for a dinner meet

We can chose a place in Hitech City/Gachibowli. But, this will come once we have the confirmations in

I keep traveling a lot these days between Hyd and Bangalore. I'll be in Hyd just for the meet.
Old 12th May 2016, 23:39   #58
BHPian

Cool re: Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
I'll be in Hyd just for the meet.
Way to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
.... I'm excited to join the new team. 11th is good for me as is the Hitech/Gacchibowli area.
Quote:

Yes
Date: June 11th
Venue: TBD
Avi, choose and block the venue so that the meet rings out loud and clear

Cheers

For whom the bells toll:
1. mobike008
2. RSudarsanan
3. theexister
4. ashis89

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 12th May 2016 at 23:42.
Old 13th May 2016, 08:23   #59
BHPian

I am in too for dinner on 11 June! My first team bhp meet
Old 13th May 2016, 08:59   #60
BHPian

Food. Count me in.

By the way, it will be ramzan by then. Hope this is not a haleem meet.

What : TBHP Hyderabad Dinner Meet

Date: June 11th, 2016 @ 20:00

Venue: TBD

For whom the bells toll:
1. Mobike008
2. RSudarsanan
3. TheExister
4. Ashis89
5. Shifu
6. Hyd_Traveller
Closed Thread