Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When to meet, 7th or 8th oct evening
7 Oct 2006 10 47.62%
8 Oct 2006 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th September 2006, 17:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

any place else or this will do....

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...01178&t=h&om=1
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 17:30   #32
BHPian

Wherever the meet is I'm IN guys.....
last meet really ROCKED..... i guess this one is going to ROCK harder...
anywys this PatTE sHaTTE theme sounds FuN...even for the NoN plAyeRS..
raj_aryan4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 19:47   #33
BANNED

Well , we have had 3 pages of talk but still no idea/suggestion/hint of a venue or theme !! It goes without saying that there shud be Booze , food and women .. ooops - did i just say women ??

Patte idea is only great if its a night scene .... Booze I'm off (so this time its gonna be orange juice ) .... Mutton I can't eat ( so BBQ , big deal ) ... Free t-shirts ( Sam aint coming again ) ... but well meetimh you guys is allowed so I'll make sure to get myself to the meet but pls dont have it on Gandhi Jayanti week end as Im allready booked and won't be in town ...

Anytime after or before that is fine ... !!

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 19:54   #34
BANNED

Red face

Hey so, there're more cheap guests coming in??

I've no plans yet for Delhi in october. But as this meet looks so promising, head is spinning . Will finalise after I meet Gunbir and JB phaajis.

Last edited by speedzak : 20th September 2006 at 19:55.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 22:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guys.

If everyone is not too set on the 2nd Oct weekend, how about the next one, the 7/8th weekend. Cant make it on the 1st or 2nd of Aktoober. A close friend is getting married and I have to be there... Now dont ask me why that butthole decided to get married on a dry day... Hmm... I might just ditch him...

Re Location: I know you guys like Noida but can we have some more suggestions. Cmon guys, there are plenty of nice locations around Delhi.

Patte shatte is in keeping with the Diwali theme. I gues if Sam's coming theres going to be strip poker involved too... Good thing I dont play cards...

And dear mods... its DELHI or DILLI... but definitely not DEHLI...

Last edited by gunbir : 20th September 2006 at 22:36.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 23:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Last Dehli meat hangover I guess
Fuelled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 00:05   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well would prefer noida since you have good roads,parking spaces and good restaurants/pubs nearby
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 03:56   #38
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
C'mon Gunbir! The mods ain't wrong dude... Everybody I know from the city / surrounding areas (the entire North actually) pronounces it as "Dehhli". Unless they've been boozing, in which case it's "Dehhhhli" with the "hhhh" blown heavily in the general direction of your face...

Heehee! Just kidding
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 06:47   #39
BANNED

Hey guys!
Whattabout getting girlieonwheels this time? He/She/whatsoever should pitch up with plenty of girlies and it'll be lots of fun. Ain't it? And for some dazz, We can provide music CDs of choli ke peeche...
Then you'll find me, manson, elf, sam and more outsiders struggling to get tickets to Dehhhli.
Old 21st September 2006, 08:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Heehee! Just kidding
now THAT last line was a smart move elf .. or you might just have had a coupla other things also thrown in the general direction of your face.

manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 09:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

I was speaking to Ishan last evening & I agree with Khaadu & Gunbir that we should leave the 1st/2nd bit out - being a long weekend, there could always be plans to go out of town; the weekend after (Saturday 7th Oct) looks good; also, I hear a lot of guys "fast" during the Navratras so I guess that means no meat & booze for those of you who do...right? (Not Khaadu of course, who is more into testing his willpower than anything else ).

Lets have a theme, not one of the usual "check out rides, go to pub, swig, eat, swig, swig, more swig, pass out, wake up, go home". The last meet was a whopping success because we got a super venue where we could let our hair down (though not necessarily our exhausts or bass-makers!) without worrying about who would hear our conversation at the next table and object etc etc.......

So, thinking caps on my friends and lets see what we can come up with.

(Speedzak, dude, the way you are going on about Girlie on Wheels, I'm pretty sure you're scaring her off permanently from any of our meets....I mean, come on, she could take offense to your posts man..... )
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 11:19   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
? (Not Khaadu of course, who is more into testing his willpower than anything else ).

Lets have a theme, not one of the usual "check out rides, go to pub, swig, eat, swig, swig, more swig, pass out, wake up, go home". The last meet was a whopping success because we got a super venue where we could let our hair down (though not necessarily our exhausts or bass-makers!) without worrying about who would hear our conversation at the next table and object etc etc.......

So, thinking caps on my friends and lets see what we can come up with.

(Speedzak, dude, the way you are going on about Girlie on Wheels, I'm pretty sure you're scaring her off permanently from any of our meets....I mean, come on, she could take offense to your posts man..... )
Hey , You got that spot on about me testing my will power more than the Navratras -- And I agree with Suman about coming up with a theme thats different than meeting,checking out rides, pubbing -- !! I can think of two options that wud be fun and a physical activity ...

1. Go-karting at E-ZOne -- I had proposed this a few months back as well but ppl came up with the excuse thats it too far - well I hope ppl dont come up with that sqme excuse again.

2. Paintball -- For those of you who havn't heard about paint-ball , pls check out the following link http://www.adventuresportsindia.com/paint_ball_game.htm !! This is slightly far but I'm sure it will be worth the fun ... !!! iNfact if game we guys can do a night out at the Wanderlust camp where this game is played . Camp Water Banks .....

These are my ideas as I think we all have seen each others ride plenty and there aint anything new to see ,maybe 1 or 2 new members rides but that can be done anywhere .

CUMON DILLI ..... Lets make it DIFFERENT !!

Cheers
Old 21st September 2006, 11:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
I can think of two options that wud be fun and a physical activity ..
Physical activity............
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 11:35   #44
BANNED

Please, take it on a lighter note guys. I dont mean any offence, it was just off sense!

And paintball! Wow! Whattagame! I've tried this couple a times and always ended up home with pink, red marks all over the body. But it sure was helluva fun! Guys, a mixture of PATTE SHATTE and paintball! I'm just envying you guys! Lucky morons!
Old 21st September 2006, 17:28   #45
BANNED

Hey, Everyone sleeping or WAT ???

Wake up guys ..not much time left to decide .....

Cheers